WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

My semi/auto issues, the latest update. After a private message from TrooperX, thanks for the help, I double checked the positioning of my buffer tube and the buffer retaining pin. They could both be improved so I have tightened the pin and refitted the buffer tube. Unfortunately the semi/auto burst issue still exists. After a number of counts during my mag tests I can also confirm that the number of shot cycles per mag stands at 28. I suppose this shows consistency somewhere, back to the drawing board.

Marky[uE] did You recently try to install quick detach sling swivel?

I installed a Magpul ASAP sling mount a fair while back, long before I started having my semi/auto burst issues. If the Magpul ASAP is installed correctly then it doesn't change anything over the standard part it replaces. That being said I can confirm that the buffer tube is now in an improved position, if I could screw it any further in it would be past the buffer retaining pin. And as mentioned this change has not corrected my issue.

Edited by Marky [UE]

okay guys, I used all my power and gave it an additional turn. But now the tube is actually too far in and I can't closed the recievers. So the buffer tube can't be the problem.

So I think there must be too much friction somewhere between the semi cutoff lever and the underside of the boltcarrier or the stabilizer.

As I said. With the ASAP installed you cannot screw the tube in the way you should. Those two "knobs" on both sides won't let you do the last turn.

"you cannot screw the tube in the way you should", in my case at least in certainly not correct, no offence but are you sure your ASAP is installed as per instructions? is it a real Magpul or a copy?

I know which knobs you are describing but they don't interfere with the installation of the buffer tube at all. As I mentioned previously I couldn't screw the buffer tube in any further if I wanted to as it is already flush with the buffer tube retaining pin.

ur rifle shoots once when you pull the trigger and then another shot when you release it?

057nur.jpg

check ur trigger, on the pic above the right edge of the trigger might be rounded off because of wear. that part cant stop the hammer anymore specially if you upgrade to a tsc steel hammer

Edited by mnmc10

My rifle, near the end of the day, in auto, I would pull the trigger and then the gun would go off anywhere from 1-3 seconds later, ive a feeling this was a dirt/pressure issue as my mags were probably mostly empty by then and the gun was filthy when I got home with it, Good call though I'll check the trigger sears when I get the chance.

Sorry for changing topic but I'm getting my WE tomorrow and I just remembered there was a method of lowering the FPS by butting a bushing inside the nossle floating valve thinge.

I just couldn't rembrr what mm bushing it was. It was either 7 or 8. Does anyone know or remember.

I've asked this on here before but no one answered. Could the g&p comp ml2 aimpoint survive the WE's recoil?

Not a technical question, but...

I'm getting tired of waiting for "all interesting spare parts and replacements" to be available at one store.

AB's store says "out of stock(s)" (the last 's' is wrong dear AB :-)) for most needed items.

The "worldwide network" WETTI set up seems not to be a great help.

The French people don't answer (written in English) emails.

The German people don't have the most needed / antwed parts.

There is (for what I know) no "official dealer" in Belgium yet (that's where I live).

As I mentioned earlier: when I order at AB I get "sorry out of stock order it next time".

"Next time" means: again shipping-costs from HK to here.

I'm starting to think the WA-system, being not patented, lets many other companies make parts (or whole rifles i.e. AGM) and this starts to look at a great "pro" to me.

So I hope WE / WETTI will get the parts and upgrades in stores really soon.

Otherwise: one customer less, and many to go I'm affraid.

My 4x32 ACOG with full trades came in a brown, G&P box. Supposedly, the ACM optics come out of the same factory as the G&P's.

It has held up really well. Has a mildot crosshair, and is really clear. Good eye relief.

The 4x32 ACOG + my WE M16A3 = instant DMR.

Ben.

It depends on what parts you want.

A good chunk of parts in made my third party companies like TSC or PMC and available at several store worldwide.

Just a quick 'things I would love to buy from one store in one package so shipping costs are reasonable':

-new chromed inner barrel long with new hop-up

-some new how-up rubbers

-the CO2 conversion kit

-CO2 magazine

-an extra bolt carrier

-extra stabilizer for rod

-metal bolt catch

-a decent charging handle

-part #59 because sooner or later this will brake (so I read here)

Just to name a few ;)

P.S. Many parts / third party items for the WA / AGM M4 GBBs are available lately. It will look at how soon those will be "out of stocks". If those parts keep coming and being available perhaps I will spend some time and money on that platform.

I'm going to be using the WE more often and in longer games, and REALLY need a stockpile of replacement/upgrade parts. It's going to suck if something breaks and I have to wait for a part that's sold out.

What should a WE shooter have in his parts bin?

I'm going to be using the WE more often and in longer games, and REALLY need a stockpile of replacement/upgrade parts. It's going to suck if something breaks and I have to wait for a part that's sold out.

What should a WE shooter have in his parts bin?

hum.... many hopup rubbers, front sight pin, trigger pack, folding valve.