WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

What should a WE shooter have in his parts bin?

Obvious:

Tools to take apart your WE

Silicone/wipe rag as most problems are just it being dirty

Barrel cleaning kit

White lithium grease

Low grade loctite (for guide rod spacer)

Good idea:

O rings (once I am done moving into new house I'll be selling reinforced O ring sets)

Extra Charging handle

Extra nozzle assembly (or maybe extra bolt)

Really beyond that, there aren't many failures, if you are making an overseas order I'd pick up all of the parts that are less than $5 "just in case" but the only consistent failures I'm seeing are O ring/magazine based, or charging handles snapping.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Issues with my rifle didn't give me a peace. On my return from work i have spent some time on initial examination of rifle internals. Before i was going to disassmeble it. I have noticed a crack on my bolt carrier. Please ignore signs on stabilizer, it have happened while stabilizer was loosen once.

carrier-1.jpg

carrier-2.jpg

But it was not all. A minute later i have noticed a pieces of something on charging handle. Thiese pieces are about 2 mm diameter. Dont know if its metal, because is black, but feels like it

piece.jpg

I dont think these two things are related, but i am wondering now if crack on bolt carrier is not causing burst on semi auto.

Edited by Nazio

I don't think mine did. And mine's the latest one. I can't be bothered to check again now. I just put it back and it's 4:18 in the morning. I'll check when i wake up.

Just something to add: I think my WE M4 came stock with the CO2 kit. Because it's nozzle looked like a CO2 one.

Image021.jpg

My V1 BCG did not have that hole...but my spare and two of my friends V2's did. It does not effect anything. that was most likely like that when you bought you just didn't notice. mine was like that when I received it from AB and both my friends bought theirs from Airsoft extreme and they had them.

Thanks. At least one thing is known for sure.

no aeg hop-up unit, just and AEG barrel modded, which is actually quite easy to mod to fit the WE

All you need to do is saw off the extra end of the barrel that would usually go inside the AEG body and than just put 2 posts on the sides of it that fit into the WE body and the WE hop-up unit/ brass housing. Just take apart your WE barrel and put it next to an AEG barrel, and you can prob figure out the rest from their.

just got the TSC Uni-Directional Guide Rod with Locking Power Adjustment Knob from Airsoft 123.

Fantastic service from 123.

Unfortunately after installing, my m4 started to misfire... bolt would not blowback enough and often did a burst and vented the mag.

To make sure that it was the new guide rod and not the m4 that was messing up, I dismantled the rod and took only the adjustable nut and added that to my old original WE guide rod.

It now fires as per normal so something was up with the TSC rod.

I now have a standard WE rod and nozzle with an adjustable locking nut. (wish they sold just that as it would have saved me cash and solved alot of other peoples FPS issues)

On initial chronoing, I am able to get 300-320fps but it does about 5-8 shots at 320ish and then another 5-8 at 390ish ....quite consistently as well ... very weird.

Still investigating......

Edited by wolfsbane
just got the TSC Uni-Directional Guide Rod with Locking Power Adjustment Knob from Airsoft 123.

Fantastic service from 123.

Unfortunately after installing, my m4 started to misfire... bolt would not blowback enough and often did a burst and vented the mag.

To make sure that it was the new guide rod and not the m4 that was messing up, I dismantled the rod and took only the adjustable nut and added that to my old original WE guide rod.

It now fires as per normal so something was up with the TSC rod.

I now have a standard WE rod and nozzle with an adjustable locking nut. (wish they sold just that as it would have saved me cash and solved alot of other peoples FPS issues)

On initial chronoing, I am able to get 300-320fps but it does about 5-8 shots at 320ish and then another 5-8 at 390ish ....quite consistently as well ... very weird.

Still investigating......

This may come from the rod itself. You may sand the rod a bit and it would be ok(I did it on mine as soon as I got it and it works fine)

Will try the sanding... have you chronoed?

Is the FPS consistent?

I have found with the TCS plates that they do work it is just that they need to wear in a bit. It seems like the finish is too smooth and the bolt slips but if you sand them a bit or just let them wear in slowly, they do work and they work pretty well.

yeah you turn it completely off for straight 20 yards shots.

And you give it one turn for 20 yards straight, 50 yards up shots.

simple affair.

Guys, I got my KWA/KSC MP7 GBB today. I took it out of the box. The mags didn't leak. Nothing is missing. The hop up works and it shoots dead center right away. The bolt cycles as smooth as it gets.

My M4 after 3-4 month and a good $150+ is still far away from that.

That's pretty self explaindatory.

Edited by somegirls

Erm... It\'s hard to explain without pics. It\'s the middle of the night so i can\'t get good lighting. But i can try to explain.

When you takedown the rear upper receiver pin you swivel the upper reciever downards. Then you can see a black wheel on the bottom of everything: The brass tube, Bolt carrier.

I think it could be done easier with the bolt carrier out. I\'m not sure which way to spin to increase hop but i think is turning anti-clockwise from looking from the stock/shooting position. It may be really tight to turn at first, but one you took it apart it would be much easier.

Guide to take down hop-up: http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/inner-barrel-assembly-takedown

Credit of website goes to 4boost

Edit: I just fixed my non-bolt locking mag. It locks now. I think the issue is caused by the badly made. Or should we say not accurate enough sizes of mag plates.

You just have to file about a 1mm difference of height of the higher tip of the latch on the right to the lower tip of the latch. It\'s really a trial and error process. I will draw a diagram and put it up.

But this method is only for a quick fix. I think it will be better to use the TSC Mag plates in the long run because the stock ones are gonna wear out eventually. Anyone know what the TSC mag plates are made out of? Just out of interest, they seem to be yellow.

Edit 2: Diagram added.

MagPlate.jpg

Edited by alston251
Uh, great but again doesn't tell me where the Hop Up is ;)

By the way that wiki page doesn't work.

The wiki page doesn't work?? :huh: I just went on it...

Does anyone have "sticky mags" For me it's quite hard to get the mags out unless i beer can grip them and push them up a bit. Then press the mag release.

Is there something wrong with the mag release spring?

Edited by alston251