WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I guess I got one of the more reliable WE M4 here...mine is fitted with some RS parts and accessories: RS Magpul MIAD, RS Magpul MOE Handguards, RS Stock with its buffer and RS Charging Handle(without any mod). I recently swiched to the steel nozzle(Wich I immediatly sanded and shortened by 0.2-0.5mm) and the TSC kit, on wich I only use the piston. My gun works really fine in SEMI(I never use AUTO), and shoots up to nearly 60 meters with Bioval 0.27g BBs

I guess I got one of the more reliable WE M4 here...mine is fitted with some RS parts and accessories: RS Magpul MIAD, RS Magpul MOE Handguards, RS Stock with its buffer and RS Charging Handle(without any mod). I recently swiched to the steel nozzle(Wich I immediatly sanded and shortened by 0.2-0.5mm) and the TSC kit, on wich I only use the piston. My gun works really fine in SEMI(I never use AUTO), and shoots up to nearly 60 meters with Bioval 0.27g BBs

Why did you shorten it?

Edit: Forgot to add. I finally took apart my nozzle assembly today and put in a 7mm bushing to lower the power.

But when i test fired it it still is as powerful.

Any other way to reduce power?

Edited by alston251

As i have heard on Hong Kong Airsoft forums the blue LAT piston head increases the power a bit. But i don't think it might be worth it.

Don't think the floating valve would make any difference. It looks the same as the one stock.

Edited by alston251
Got some news here!

Apparently there's a new hop up rubber created by WE and it is softer. Feels like TM type bucking.(apparently)

Will get one if i can get the stuck screw off my rail.

Apparently you can use lighter BBs now.

New on left old on right

Pic:

20090804_074117bc2f0bf50253c7qSf0Ci.jpg

Update: Apparently 0.25 works nicely with it.

welll that solves my current dilemma

Does a magpul PTS grip for WA fit the WE?

I know normal WA pistol grips don't. But the Magpul PTS pistol grip has a hole for the selector spring. Or whatever it's called.

I bought a cheap Tango Down grip made for the WA and drilled the hole myself. Would have been a lot easier with a drill press and a clamp, but I just used a cordless drill and took my time.

I also somehow managed to fit a DBoys tear drop trigger guard, but it wasn't worth all the Dremeling.

just installed the 90% buffer spring from airsoftbuddy (its a TSC i think?)

Works great!

I installed the adjustable rod to bring the FPS down and noticed a significant drop in recoil but now with the new spring installed the blowback strength is back to normal.

Only thing is there is a spring twangy sound at the end of each shot as the new spring is shorter than the original.

The new spring is softer and shorter.

I will probably get use to the twangy sound after a while and is a small price to pay for a better recoil.

Am also going to attempt to make an ambi selector... any suggestions as to how?

I used my WE M4 on a skirmish today. And somehow it just died. I just too it apart and found out that the floating valve is not really floating. It doesn't move.

When i shoot it vents all my gas out and doesn't fire a thing. How can i fix this??? Where were barely any blowback too.

Edited by alston251