WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I am planning on a overhaul on my M4. While i took the flash hider off after heating it on the stove. To melt the loc-tite. A bit of the barrel extension came loose.

But i can't get enough grip on my barrel extension to take it off after heating. I have clamped it and still doesn't come off.

And it has been severely scratched. How can i take it off? Many thanks.

I am planning on a overhaul on my M4. While i took the flash hider off after heating it on the stove. To melt the loc-tite. A bit of the barrel extension came loose.

But i can't get enough grip on my barrel extension to take it off after heating. I have clamped it and still doesn't come off.

And it has been severely scratched. How can i take it off? Many thanks.

If you're not interested in keeping the extension, then keep at the flashider, it'll come off eventually. Mine did, though I used a pair of pliers to hold the extension at the front-sight end, so it's thread is damaged.

If you want to try and keep the extension in decent condition, then try and find a pipe wrench in your local DIY store, looks something like this: Example pipe wrench. There should be strap-fitted versions available, rather than chain, like the one in the link. It should help with providing grip whilst trying to remove the flashider.

If you're not interested in keeping the extension, then keep at the flashider, it'll come off eventually. Mine did, though I used a pair of pliers to hold the extension at the front-sight end, so it's thread is damaged.

If you want to try and keep the extension in decent condition, then try and find a pipe wrench in your local DIY store, looks something like this: Example pipe wrench. There should be strap-fitted versions available, rather than chain, like the one in the link. It should help with providing grip whilst trying to remove the flashider.

Actually i got the flash hider off with one of those adjustable locking wrenches.

I'm just having trouble getting the barrel extension off.

But that is one badass wrench. Such a genius idea.

Thanks man. Now i only need to find one.

Sorry about the double post but i just forgot to ask 1 question. It was too late. :(

They have finally decided to release the power adjusting rod thing in Hong Kong.

I am thinking if i should get it so i can be within site limits. Does that thing even work?

I heard the locking bolt doesn't really lock. And you have to loc-tite it. Does that mean more blow torch action on weak parts?

Is there any point in buying the power adjusting rod?

Many thanks.

Edit: Another thing came to my mind. Does the Magpul trigger guard fit? Both the polymer one and the steel one?

Many many thanks.

Edited by alston251
Are there some new shops in europe where the spare parts/Co2 kits are available?

You can ask here: http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co.uk/catalog/index.php they had them last week.

Does anyone know if the Adjustable power rod is worth buying? I am hoping for about 350 to 370 FPS on Green. Basically both sides of the can.

Try the low power valve (#42) with a "small" rod (#39) before it's waaaaaaay cheaper :P

Try the low power valve (#42) with a "small" rod (#39) before it's waaaaaaay cheaper :P

Do you mean the LAT #39 ?

Can you still get the low power valve?

If i'm not mistaken it's the brass one.

I'm not having doubts in you but i really don't wanna get it wrong.

It's my only rifle working and if it goes over the limit i'm only down to my pistol. <_<

Would be very appreciated if you can show me the results on a coke can. If it goes through both sides but not the bottom would be perfect.

The site limit in Hong Kong is not going through the bottom of the can. (Unreliable i know. They use the same can for like 20 people too.)

Does anyone know which magpul ctr sock fits the WE m4a1, commerical or milspec version?

if u want to use CTR both commerical & milspec will fit in (dont forget to use your friction lock) but milspec is the best since WE tube is a bit smaller then AEG

Systema, WA, WE & KJW (milspec)