WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I experienced some trouble with my M16 on the field today...at first, the Bolt locked halfway, and did not want to move forward...I had to go to the safe zont and unscrew the stock and then to force the Bolt forward with the hand in order to open my gun...In fact, my M16 fired onlf 10shots today, because of a "too tight" Bolt assembly. That's what I'd mean at this time. Because of this, I had to let my M16 in the car and to play with my M4 wich worked nicely.

Back home, I disassembled the gun and Bolt assembly and decided to change part#122 and put a bit of oil on it before re assembling, wich made my M16 cycling very good. Then I had the BBs rolling out of the barell after nearly every shot...I disassembled the gun again and putted tape on part#117 and re assembled the gun, once again. This time the BBs where flying great, but Part#66 broke...Thanks to a previous group order, I had some in stock, so mu works fine now!

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Isn't the PDW coming up next?

That might be good news to us M4 users. Because PDWs should have Ambi- selectors.

I'd think they will use the same or at least similar trigger system as the M4.

So we'd be able to have ambi-selectors.

Have a small question here: How can i put a SR-15 URX on the WE M4?

Edited by alston251
Do you mean the LAT #39 ?

Can you still get the low power valve?

If i'm not mistaken it's the brass one.

I'm not having doubts in you but i really don't wanna get it wrong.

It's my only rifle working and if it goes over the limit i'm only down to my pistol. <_<

Would be very appreciated if you can show me the results on a coke can. If it goes through both sides but not the bottom would be perfect.

The site limit in Hong Kong is not going through the bottom of the can. (Unreliable i know. They use the same can for like 20 people too.)

When i used the low power valve and the co2 kit i had ~260/270fps but the co2 rod (#39) is longer than the gas one so you just need to sand it and adjust at your convenience ;)

ps: sorry i don't drink any kind of soda :P

I never saw somebody putting a WA barrel on a WE. Their hopup system ist totally different.

I mean a outer barrel. But thinking of which. Don't all WA outer barrels have a gap so you can adjust the hop?

In which if that's the case, i think i might have to get a AEG URX front set and a WE 16" inch barrel.

When i used the low power valve and the co2 kit i had ~260/270fps but the co2 rod (#39) is longer than the gas one so you just need to sand it and adjust at your convenience ;)

ps: sorry i don't drink any kind of soda :P

Not even beer? :o

Edit: Does anyone know how to mod the WE's hop system to use AEG Hops and Barrels?

I have heard on forien forums they have succeed with insane accuracy.

Edited by alston251

I have heard.. Haven't found it yet. :P I just posted a question on a Hong Kong Airsoft forum. Currently waiting for replies.

Edit: Ok just found some stuff from a Taiwanese airsoft forum. They say you need to do some modifications to the original hop system first.

The bit where the Stock hop goes has to be widened from 8.5mm to 10mm. So a AEG hop bucking can fit.

If I haven't misread the Chinese the brass tube has to be widened for a length of 4cm from the end where the inner barrel goes in.

As for the little hole for the ball bearing on top has to be widened from 2mm to 3mm. And the ball bearing has to be replaced with a 3mm one.

So more of the surface of the hop bump will be affected.

The bump of the Hop bucking should be aligned with the ball bearing so the hop can be adjusted.

Also the barrel can be secured with the original method. I think dremeling a notch should do.

On the other forum they stated it could be attatched by some other means but i couldn't understand what they were saying. :rolleyes:

The measurements might not be perfect and a little trial and error might be needed. And i highly taking your own measurements yourself again.

As per me. I can't do this mod until i get a drill and a dremel. As my old one died.

Edited by alston251
I have heard.. Haven't found it yet. :P I just posted a question on a Hong Kong Airsoft forum. Currently waiting for replies.

Edit: Ok just found some stuff from a Taiwanese airsoft forum. They say you need to do some modifications to the original hop system first.

The bit where the Stock hop goes has to be widened from 8.5mm to 10mm. So a AEG hop bucking can fit.

If I haven't misread the Chinese the brass tube has to be widened for a length of 4cm from the end where the inner barrel goes in.

As for the little hole for the ball bearing on top has to be widened from 2mm to 3mm. And the ball bearing has to be replaced with a 3mm one.

So more of the surface of the hop bump will be affected.

The bump of the Hop bucking should be aligned with the ball bearing so the hop can be adjusted.

Also the barrel can be secured with the original method. I think dremeling a notch should do.

On the other forum they stated it could be attatched by some other means but i couldn't understand what they were saying. :rolleyes:

The measurements might not be perfect and a little trial and error might be needed. And i highly taking your own measurements yourself again.

As per me. I can't do this mod until i get a drill and a dremel. As my old one died.

Do they have any pictures of the mod completed?

Do they have any pictures of the mod completed?

3776008530_1c0d64f8c9.jpg

First Red Hop up bucking + WE 0.36g bb

M4 CQB configuration with TM MP5 inner barrel

Test results:

Firing in Semi= PASS

Power= PASS

Grip on BBs?= PASS I guess they mean the BBs don't roll out the barrel.

Speaking of hop rubbers and such, has anybody tried the new hop rubber from AB?

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=443

Do they really improve accuracy?

I'm getting that today. As i will get all my parts and finish my M4 overhaul today.

I have heard that they can be used with 0.25 BBs. And get excellent range. Don't think you need to break it in.

I'll see if i have a chance to test it. But i live in a flat and i have less then 2 weeks until i'm going back to UK.

Hi all!

I've been following thread since the creation of page 10 and been waiting for some time in order for the co2 system to settle in.

This beacause I live in Sweden where it's cold as a bucket of penguins the better part of the year, rendering green gas obsolete (imo).

But, looking at the last 20 pages or so there doesn't seem to be to many positive comments by ppl using either converted older versions or the latest AWSS.

Is it that the only ppl typing here are the ones having trouble, or is it really that bad? :)

Are there any happy users of co2 WE M4's out there? I really don't care if its first hand experience or if it's a freind of a friend of a roomates cousin to be honest ;)

Guys.

Passing question of one fella from Polish forum:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...%20for%20Others

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...WP58_cat_Stocks

Would these conversions fit WE ?

the WA fighting cat front set barrel wont fit but im not sure about the buttstock... i suggest for the tank buttstock get TAF instead ;)

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=4627

I just installed the New Black Hop Up i got today on a chrome 6.02 barrel. I can only do a observing review so far. It looks great. The rubber is softer. And when the hop is turned to max it's not like 2 prongs that's malformed. It's like a speed bump on an AEG. But i cannot field test it. That will have to wait till Christmas.

Edit: Has anyone tried putting on a Magpul MOE polymer trigger guard?

I've put the rear pin in after lots of filing and now the forward pin isn't going in. I'm meant to screw it in somehow..

Second Edit: Erm... May i ask how can i put a WA PTS MOE grip on? Do i have to file off the things on the side?

Many thanks.

Edited by alston251
First Red Hop up bucking + WE 0.36g bb

M4 CQB configuration with TM MP5 inner barrel

Test results:

Firing in Semi= PASS

Power= PASS

Grip on BBs?= PASS I guess they mean the BBs don't roll out the barrel.

I'm getting that today. As i will get all my parts and finish my M4 overhaul today.

I have heard that they can be used with 0.25 BBs. And get excellent range. Don't think you need to break it in.

I'll see if i have a chance to test it. But i live in a flat and i have less then 2 weeks until i'm going back to UK.

That's cool. Any chance you would be willing to share the link for the forum?

I'm also going to be ordering the new hop bucking as I have given up on the old design. I'm just waiting for AB to get stock of the 263mm inner barrel before I place the order. Anyone know if there are any other retailers that have it in stock? Does Evike have it?

Guys i have excellent news here!

I don't know anything but i have pics!

20090819_af108d4113360f82a33c0n8F9X.jpg

20090819_a71a76d6bbb85f4f22d2UpMm08.jpg

And the exact thread for AEG hop is: http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-40472-3-1.html

Have fun translating Chinese with google translate! :D Shame you can't translate pics. One of the pics are crucial.

Edit: In case you didn't know that's a magpul body for a WE M4. Lets hope the price won't be crazy and the finishing would be like prime's.

And please can someone help me with me issues a fe threads up. Thanks a lot.

Edited by alston251
Hi all!

I've been following thread since the creation of page 10 and been waiting for some time in order for the co2 system to settle in.

This beacause I live in Sweden where it's cold as a bucket of penguins the better part of the year, rendering green gas obsolete (imo).

But, looking at the last 20 pages or so there doesn't seem to be to many positive comments by ppl using either converted older versions or the latest AWSS.

Is it that the only ppl typing here are the ones having trouble, or is it really that bad? :)

Are there any happy users of co2 WE M4's out there? I really don't care if its first hand experience or if it's a freind of a friend of a roomates cousin to be honest ;)

It's so-so because the power is far to be regular for me: i can have 10 or 20 bbs at ~330fps and some bbs between 170 and 470 fps :nosleep: so directly into the ground or the sky :P

I don't understand why or how it's possible :unsure: