WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

The MUR upper has a wiggle play i bought one and tried it on my WE darn it has too much play it does'nt fit exactly on the lower body i had to order that RA TECH magic pin now it works good

My stock Colt upper is really wobbly anyway. I've seen a Dytac MUR upper that comes with i think a Noveske rail. Is that the same??

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

And now for some reason, like 90% of my shots only shoot like 3 yards and then drop (really weak)

The gun appears to cycle well, and kicks well too still. I even used a new canistor of propane.

Is it CO2 nozzle ? When this appeard on mine, i've noticed one of o-rings removed from nozzle.

When You switch inner barrel did You check 117 is in place ? I had similar problem but my nozzle didnt snap, may be because it was steel one. It shattered bb's inside of chamber, and blocked.

Do You use new valve housing or old one ?

Edited by Nazio
http://weairsoft.com/products_show.php?id=...;products_id=67

This product is bs. It claims "'Solid Core Technology' - 0% internal bubbles". Yeah right! It's got one huge bubble inside it. I'll post up the photos tomorrow.

Funny they claim it's solid core yet if you read the fine prints on the bag it says something like bubbles may form inside the bb if "ejection" (i think they meant injection) mold cools at a faster rate.

The green bbs also leave a truck load of green substance on the hop and IB. Will post up these photos too.

Green BB = WE 0.36 Sniper Grade

White BB = SGM 0.29

p8230203large.jpg

Residue from the green bbs. Hop up was full of it.

p8230210large.jpg

Seems like another great WE product.

Since you're talking about barrels.

Did anyone ever shortened his/her "chrome" barrel?

Well, I did and the edge where I cut it is pretty brassy and only the outside is coated with some chrome-paint....

E:

This is what it looks like. You be the judge.

img_0584mpoz.jpg

Edited by somegirls
Seems like another great WE product.

Since you're talking about barrels.

Did anyone ever shortened his/her "chrome" barrel?

Well, I did and the edge where I cut it is pretty brassy and only the outside is coated with some chrome-paint....

Actually the chrome barrels were stated to be chrome finished. So I guess there you have it, brass that is chrome plated

Erm... Guys. The paint on the buffer tube is coming off. I can just scratch it off. Is it WE's fault?

Is there any alternatives instead of leaving it? Would the magpul buffer tube fit?

Edit: RURMOURS in Hong Kong said that there are pmags for sell already. But they don't want to tell where. :(

Edited by alston251
Is it CO2 nozzle ? When this appeard on mine, i've noticed one of o-rings removed from nozzle.

When You switch inner barrel did You check 117 is in place ? I had similar problem but my nozzle didnt snap, may be because it was steel one. It shattered bb's inside of chamber, and blocked.

Do You use new valve housing or old one ?

ya, i took it out and made sure its in correctly.

I have the original valve and housing that came originally with the v2

where can i purchase part 117

Erm, you guys know that Chrome plating is usually done onto a brass and then a nickel layer right? The fact that its chrome plated is good enough already as it hardens the brass anyways.

Chrome isn't used straight as an element itself aside from coating, it is usually in an alloy like Chromium Vanadium or Stainless steel (10% chromium).

And paint scratches off like anything we use. Aside from the armoury of the Brunei'an special forces, I don't think I have seen scratchless weapons now have we?

I recently look a look at a WE SCAR with the new black hop, and the hop wasn't responsive at all. However like anything I added a spot of super glue where the hop ball bearing pushes down on the rubber and waited for it to harden and the hop is now fine.

I am actually very impressed with the new WE M16s and the WE SCARs. There are still small issues here and there like the hop, but the amount of effort required to have them reliably work is much less than the earlier V1 V2 M4s. There are a lot of improvements, like new cocking handles, nozzles, and their rubber sleeves are now the right dimensions so they no longer shrink and seize up during rapid fire. We had a new batch of tan mags and none of them leak even after leaving them without gas.

My WE gen 1 M4 still has the old hop up and brass barrel, its still shooting 1cm groups at 10m. Sure right now it has the aftermarket steel hammers and sear and a CO2 kit, aftermarket cocking handle, swiss cheesed bolt, and an AGM recoil spring :) Still shooting and shooting well.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Erm... Guys. The paint on the buffer tube is coming off. I can just scratch it off. Is it WE's fault?

Is there any alternatives instead of leaving it? Would the magpul buffer tube fit?

Yes, for using cheap paint. Mines started to scratch off from day one. If it really bothers you, you could prematurely strip the paint off and make like a Systema PTW. Or just paint it with something more durable like Krylon. Could also be anodized since its aluminum. RS tubes will fit, but I don't see why you'd want to replace the whole thing just because the finish has started to go.

Erm. I had my WE M4 suppressed on a skirmish today but everytime i shot someone is majorly shocked by the noise..

Can't speak about the WE M4 since mine haven't arrived yet, but what i've learned from my AW338 is that the performance of suppressor largely depends on which one you use and his relative position on the inner barrel.

Initially i had a small suppressor mounted in a way that the end of the inner barrel was at the tip ( entrance ) of the suppressor and i found that the sound was not only still there it was actually making the sound worse/louder.

But then i fabricated a new adapter so that i could use standard AEG suppressors and, since it attached a bit further back in the outer barrel the tip of my inner barrel actually sits almost at the middle of the suppressor. I attached my Gemtech G5 ( only had this one at house ) and lo and behold, it was actually freaking working !

Don't know if it's the thick foam or the position that the inner barrel sits within the suppressor but it actually does work as an very effective silencer ;)

By the time i get my WE M4 i will try the same method and record the findings.

Well, i wouldn't consider "AEG" that silent tbh, i'm also considering getting a Silencer for my GBB, only hearing the "clack clack" from the blowback is really scary (just as much as hearing a supressed sniper ;) )

Ofc i prefer the sound of a GBB over the sound of any AEG (specially those EBB), but you sometimes feel in need of some "tactical silence" :D (also the looks are awesome depending on the gear you have atm ^^)

Edited by Kowalsky

Wow,

This is soo aggravating!

I can't see ANYTHING wrong with the gun. It appears to dryfire and cycle just fine.

117 doesn't even look deformed.

My valve slides in and out normally.

I have used different hop-ups.

Everything appears normal.

but i'm still getting double feeds and super low fps. And more so, with my new barrel.

Anyone help?

Edited by accuracy
Wow,

This is soo aggravating!

I can't see ANYTHING wrong with the gun. It appears to dryfire and cycle just fine.

117 doesn't even look deformed.

My valve slides in and out normally.

I have used different hop-ups.

Everything appears normal.

but i'm still getting double feeds and super low fps. And more so, with my new barrel.

Anyone help?

Only thing i can think of is the barrel being seated wrong which leaves the bolt "locked" forward in a slightly forwards/backwards position, venting more gas into blowback than normal. Assuming your floating valve spring isnt broken or misaligned causing the floating valve to close very quickly.

Most silencers (I know) are only 'cosmetic addons'.

TM Mk23 SOCOM Silencer is fully functional (or at least replaces the "Pop" at the end of the barrel for an "oh *suitcase*, where's that *bramston pickle*" 20m away :P)

I also own a silencer (Classic Army iirc) which seems to do it's job quite well (have only tried it on my P90, not that it can silence much of it). My conclusion is that as long as they have some kind of foam inside, they'll work.

well, you can always use it to increase inner barrel lenght :D