WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

3vi1-D4n: silver one. brand new co2 14.5":er from AB. not able to take picture atm due to camera loss :/ the three prongs keeping the base and the ">-" part snapped like candy.

Moddan: sign me up for two. do you have a rough date on arrival and price? mebbeh PM so we dont spoil this thread ^_^

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

installed the adjustable valve and it was good at first but after the 12th mag on game day the valve started to adjust itself and closed up causing malfunction.

Looked into it and it is simply the grub screw holding the adjustable bit coming loose with all the vibration and pressure. thank go the grub screw did not get lost but it was close. When I checked it was almost all the way out.

Got a fixed 300FPS valve bit from Tactical quarter master and that seems to work ok so far.

On green with .20 it is not doing 300 though but doing 340 + but on .25 it is about 300 and flight is true.

not skirmished with it yet but as it is not adjustable and nothing really moves or shifts can't see why this won't hold out the whole day.

Just curious. How much lower FPS can I expect if I switched the M4 length inner barrel to the CQB one?

My v2 on single shot has been giving widely varying FPS. 0.2 KSC BB on Green Gas can go as high as 400fps and as low as 330fps. All in the same magazine. Wondering what I can do to make it more consistent.

Edit: Earlier this evening I changed the stock 350fps nozzle into the 480fps (advertised) one. Did shooting tests on .2 and .3 BBs. Average FPS over 10 shots were: .2bb = 490.2fps, .3bb = 398.3fps. Strangely, on 5 bursts of 2 BBs, the results were: .2bb = 447.2fps, .3bb = 390.6fps. The drop in fps was much less than I expected, especially on .3bb.

Does the change in .2 to .3bb cause such a drastic drop in fps, especially on semi-auto?

Edited by jesTer
How do you adjust the hop up in these?

Manual does not state which way I turn the black ring.

Does anyone know the answer?

It's amazing that I cannot find on Google any one or any article that actually answers this very basic and fundamental question.

I have issues with my Hop=up and can't tell how it's working- because it does not!

Edited by bbstriker

3vi1-D4n: yes, the actual nozzle (#44) and not the floating valve inside (#42). #42 was miraculously not even scratched along with the spring. It just fell out to the right when taking the gun apart.

Thanks for the advice. I will fix it when installing the replacement nozzle.

It needs about 500 shots to break the HOP in. You screw it in to increase the HOP effect.

Ben.

OK- just to get this right (on my side!):

Rotate the adjustment downwards if the bb is dropping too much in order to get the BB to rise to a level path. Rotate up to achieve the opposite.

Is that right?

Thanks

Tony

sorry for spamming questions, but one thing I ran into before the nozzle broke was that that the boltcatch function really was anything but dependable. maybe one shot out of 20 the bolt locked back.

I've tried the "flattening the magazine-shell" trick, greasing everything up and a few more thing and the problem persists. The bolt catch just does not engage the bolt. When the bolt catch is pressed manually with a finger with the bolt in it's most backwards position there is a small *click* and then it's engaged.

When the gun is taken apart it does look as if the knob on the magazine doesn't push the bolt catch far enough engage the bolt. Will the TSC replacements sort this out (http://www.airsoft123.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=3) by having a bigger bump that will push the bolt catch more into engage friendly territories? :)

Is there more tips or tricks I can try before ordering spares?

OK- just to get this right (on my side!):

Rotate the adjustment downwards if the bb is dropping too much in order to get the BB to rise to a level path. Rotate up to achieve the opposite.

Is that right?

Thanks

Tony

You're confusing me now!

Here we go;

1./ Pull back charging handle

2./ Use the bolt catch to lock the charging handle in the rear position, so that you have an open chamber.

3./ Eject the magazine

4./ Locate the HOP adjuster by looking in your open chamber, and finding the locking collar screw. I think it's painted black in my WE M16A3, but it's fairly obvious where it is.

5./ To increase the HOP effect tighten the screw so it moves toward the front of the rifle (the barrel end). To decrease the HOP effect, loosen the screw so it moves towards the rear of the rifle (the stock end).

N.B. You need to put between 500 - 1000 shots through the gun before the HOP starts to wear in. During this initial phase, you'll notice that the HOP doesn't seem to have much effect (almost always, it'll drastically overHOP the BB's. That or they just drop after 30 metres), and also a lack of consistency between shots (7/10 will go where you want them to go, the rest either overHOP, or drop on the floor).

This improves after you wear the HOP in, so don't worry.

Ben.

EDIT:: Also, as for which way to turn the screw itself, try lefty-loosey righty-tighty... If that doesn't work, try it the other way round ;)

Edited by L4byr1nth

@Bamse: I had the exact same problem with my WE M16, and I still have it so some extent. My first attempt to mend it was to buy the exact same bolt engager you linked to. That actually made the problem worse. Sadly I lost my original nub, so I'm now stuck using the TSC one. I still have a spare TSC one if you wish to buy one. PM me your address and we'll work things out.

The think which did work for me as far as mending the bolt catch goes, modifying the bolt catch spring was the way to go. First a friend of mine who is an airsmith of some note, shortened the spring, which made the catch more consistent. Eventually the spring was lost during maintenance and that made the reliability of the catch better than ever. :huh:

Hmmmm. Seems Airsoft Buddy has really disappeared. Any new info about him? There's been no updates on their site for a month and no replies to my numerous emails. Has anyone gotten stuff from him recently? Like something that was ordered within 2 weeks...?

I'd really like to buy additional CO2 nozzle so I modify it with the "300fps" part #42. Currently my gun shoots 500fps with CO2 magazines. And that's insane. ;) Seems my current nozzle is locktited so tight that I'd like to have a spare before I try to force it open...

Update... My nozzle really was locktited so tight, that I actually managed to ruin it. Interesting thing is, none of my previous nozzles were us f*cking tight than this CO2 nozzle. Warming it up with a lighter did nothing to help it. Hope the next one isn't as tight...

Hmmmm. Seems Airsoft Buddy has really disappeared. Any new info about him? There's been no updates on their site for a month and no replies to my numerous emails. Has anyone gotten stuff from him recently? Like something that was ordered within 2 weeks...?

I bought 2 WE M16 a week ago, wrote them 3 emails, but got no response. Yesterday i received an e-mail notifying me that the order was being processed (thanks god). That means they are not dead, but got no answer to the e-mails yet. I was asking them about their "M16 Custom package", and what did it include. If someone knows the answer, and knows if that M16 comes with the CO2 Nozzle, i'd be very happy to know something about it (either good or bad news).

i hope that william AB reply all the emails asap... i just broke my selector switch and i need to order new one <_<

what happened to LAT ambi-selector switch project? lol

if TSC or other aftermarket companies can come out with steel ambi-selector switch that would be awesome, hope that they can look into this...

i hope that william AB reply all the emails asap... i just broke my selector switch and i need to order new one <_<

what happened to LAT ambi-selector switch project? lol

if TSC or other aftermarket companies can come out with steel ambi-selector switch that would be awesome, hope that they can look into this...

I broke mine as well and I was in the same situation with you on AB so I bought an ambi selector for the WA platform, I had to file down the diameter since its bigger and will not fit into the hole of the WE lower. It works for safe and semi but no auto. The detent for the click stops also will not align with the ambi selector. At least I can use my gun at the moment until an ambi selector for the WE comes out.

Anyone know where the best place to get the WE M4 mags (normal, non-C02 type) is? Preferably in the UK.

I'm looking for the latest, reinforced version. Cheap would be good!

Do Airsoft Buddy always have the latest version?

Ben.

EDIT:: Also, anyone know what I need to do to make my WE M16A3's power adjustable? I'm aware I need a TSC part or two, but which ones?

Edited by L4byr1nth

Those reinforced mag's are supposed to be Co2 mag's I think. I don't that Gen2 green gas mag's exist. I would hope so because my leaking mag's are freaking me out.

Reconsider taking the TSC adjustable parts... RA Tech has their NPAS for the M4 ready... Would be a lot more reliable than his TSC counterpart...