WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Anyone know where the best place to get the WE M4 mags (normal, non-C02 type) is? Preferably in the UK.

I'm looking for the latest, reinforced version. Cheap would be good!

Do Airsoft Buddy always have the latest version?

Ben.

EDIT:: Also, anyone know what I need to do to make my WE M16A3's power adjustable? I'm aware I need a TSC part or two, but which ones?

Good luck finding any anywhere.

Been in need of co2 mags for a couple of weeks now but no-one has them in stock.

Not even places in taiwan have them. :-/

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Those reinforced mag's are supposed to be Co2 mag's I think. I don't that Gen2 green gas mag's exist. I would hope so because my leaking mag's are freaking me out.

Reconsider taking the TSC adjustable parts... RA Tech has their NPAS for the M4 ready... Would be a lot more reliable than his TSC counterpart...

Yeah, pretty sure the reinforced mags do exist.

Can you point out where I can get those RA Tech parts, and which ones I'd need?

Cheers,

Ben.

EDIT:: (Quoting member 'WETTI' from March 2009)

"Once again I want to clarify about our regular gas mags: Even though we do not believe that our mag has any design falults, but once we've received news that some mags had exploded during use (first incident several months ago), we've immediately started an in-depth examination/investigation of the design & construction of our mag. We've found no evidence whatsoever that would contribute to our mags to explode under normal use circumstances. But yet we've strengthened our mag's structure even more to account for user negligence."

There was a picture comparing an original propane mag to the reinforced version (which I have), but I can't find it at the minute. It was from the discussion about when Tony's (bbstriker) WE M4 mag exploded in his living room.

EDIT2:: Is this it?;

IMG_0069.jpg

Edited by L4byr1nth
Has anyone who installed a "real" charging handle had trouble installing it? My DPMS handle gets stuck when I try to move it forward, but comparing it to the broken WE handle I can't see any difference in the dimensions.

I ordered one online and it woudln't fit right out of the box.

I took some calipers and did notice that the RS one is just a tad bit bigger.

And eventually i found out that the nubs that stick out of the handle that sides along guide rail inside the receiver were causing it not to go in all the way.

For me, i had to file down the sides of it. and from the top a bit.

Then it worked smoothly for me.

I was kinda hoping it was those nubs and not the entire width of the shaft, but the difference must be extremely small. Thanks for saving me some random sanding.

Did you add a roll pin to the "hook" like the wiki advises? I was thinking of using two side by side, to distribute the force a little better. I don't like the idea of all that pressure on one little point.

I ordered one of these latches, and I'm hoping it's actually made of steel. My stock WE latch broke at the pin about a week before the charging handle itself snapped.

EDIT2:: Is this it?;

Yeah, that's the one. Easy to tell really, just slide off the base plate and look at the casting line at the bottom: one line going along the mag is the old one and two lines across it would mean the newer one. Opening the mags further would reveal the reinforced mag to have more lateral struts/expansion chambers and the wall thickness is significantly thicker.

I ordered one online and it woudln't fit right out of the box.

I took some calipers and did notice that the RS one is just a tad bit bigger.

And eventually i found out that the nubs that stick out of the handle that sides along guide rail inside the receiver were causing it not to go in all the way. For me, i had to file down the sides of it. and from the top a bit.

That DPMS handle is driving me nuts! I've dremeled and sanded it just about everywhere. I started off by reshaping the nubs, but it turns out that the shaft itself is both a little too tall and a little too wide. It's still sticking due to a mysterious wide spot somewhere.

On the bright side the hook seems to be grabbing the bolt OK without installing any roll pins. And my Element tac latch showed up. It does seem to be made of steel but the finish is every bit as bad as it looks on the EBB website.

I've been searching both high and low for a new CO2 #44 (nozzle) and since airsoftbuddy seems to be in it's shaky state again i kinda frown upon ordering from them right now.

Do you guise know of another shop that has them in stock?

A complete assembly (with #38 and everything) would be quite ok too.

Hi folks,

me again with the same 'monthly message':

-the company mentioned on the WE site that should be 'the sole' one for France, Luxemburg and Belgium (and I live in Belgium)... Their website seems to be for resellers only. And the name just one shop in France who, they claim, should be a WE-selling one.

I had a look at this "Paulette" shop: now (after a very long time) they finally list the WE M4 and Scar GBBs. Prices are rather high.

But I can't find any parts / upgrades in that shop.

The German 'sole' one: has now a lot of TSC stuff in. But still NO CO2 COVERSIONKITS for the We M4 GBB.

They claim "one should give the a call to see what's available". I think that is where the webshop is made for.

WETTI seems to be very busy. Not seen him arround here for quiet some time I think.

I'm affraid that, when the situation regarding 'official WETTI guns -and-parts' in my part of Europe doesn't change very soon I will have a look at AGM. Seems to be parts everywhere and a whole lot cheaper. Even when I import those from HK.

The German 'sole' one: has now a lot of TSC stuff in. But still NO CO2 COVERSIONKITS for the We M4 GBB.

They claim "one should give the a call to see what's available". I think that is where the webshop is made for.

That's simply because it doesn't make sense to put small amounts of parts in the webshop. Sometimes they also have "leftovers" from scraped guns, which are as good as new, but cannot be sold that way. No sense in putting those online, too.

At the moment they do have the TSC CO2 nozzles, which are very rigid and consitent in power. The "original" CO2 kit is almost impossible to get, since most of the production seems to go into the new guns right away.

Hi folks,

me again with the same 'monthly message':

-the company mentioned on the WE site that should be 'the sole' one for France, Luxemburg and Belgium (and I live in Belgium)... Their website seems to be for resellers only. And the name just one shop in France who, they claim, should be a WE-selling one.

I had a look at this "Paulette" shop: now (after a very long time) they finally list the WE M4 and Scar GBBs. Prices are rather high.

But I can't find any parts / upgrades in that shop.

WETTI seems to be very busy. Not seen him arround here for quiet some time I think.

I'm affraid that, when the situation regarding 'official WETTI guns -and-parts' in my part of Europe doesn't change very soon I will have a look at AGM. Seems to be parts everywhere and a whole lot cheaper. Even when I import those from HK.

Otherwise you can take a KJ M4 like I'm thinking to de...

Edited by Ian24
Good luck finding any anywhere.

Been in need of co2 mags for a couple of weeks now but no-one has them in stock.

Not even places in taiwan have them. :-/

Did You check European Airsoft Shop ? I've bought mags there. They are on the way now.

http://www.augdal.net/product.php?id_product=113 mags in stock

Edited by Nazio

FYI the Element WA "tac latch" needed a bit of filing at the hook to catch reliably, but seems well worth the nine bucks.

I finally got the mil-spec charging handle working (I think), but now the valve striker doesn't want to retract all the way when I manually charge the bolt. When I open it up and cock the action by hand, the roller in the lower needs to be pushed just the slightest bit further down for the striker to retract.

The gun cycles fine under its own power, and if I rack the handle very sharply the extra momentum will sometimes do the trick. What could be causing this?

That's simply because it doesn't make sense to put small amounts of parts in the webshop. Sometimes they also have "leftovers" from scraped guns, which are as good as new, but cannot be sold that way. No sense in putting those online, too.

At the moment they do have the TSC CO2 nozzles, which are very rigid and consitent in power. The "original" CO2 kit is almost impossible to get, since most of the production seems to go into the new guns right away.

Will the TSC CO2 nozzle fit in the pre/non-co2 internals (part 112) ?

I think it won't.

And about our German friend's webshop: if I had a webshop and I know "everyone" is looking for, lets say, the "CO2 conversion kit for WE M4 GBB", I would certainly advertise this and make it "findable" in my webshop.

That's why I think they (and every other webshop I know) do not have the conversionkit in stock. And this is going on for quiet some time now.

And I'm affraid that, when WE can shift some parts to the "let's sell these as conversion-kits again" side, there will be no interest for it anymore.

I know my interest is getting less every day.

$75 for a CO2 Mag? I don't think so. They charge an absurd $29 delivery.

Well let see result for one magazine with delivery price to Reading in Berkshire, United Kingdom.

EAS - http://www.augdal.net/

magazine price 46.50 $

delivery 4.00$

total 50.50 $

AB - http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/

magazine price 45$

delivery 25$

total 75$

So where did You see magazine price 75 $ and delivery charge 29$ ?

I've bought recently 5 magazines in there, and i did pay 232.50$ - 144.76£ in total, including delivery. What makes one magazine worth 28.95 £. In UK You cant get them for this price. I know there will be VAT and customs charge on top of this price, but this is at level circa 20 £, so i pay comparable price to TQM for one mag. But what more important i'll have magazines ready to use instead of waiting.

I think thats clear enough.

Edited by Nazio
FYI the Element WA "tac latch" needed a bit of filing at the hook to catch reliably, but seems well worth the nine bucks.

I finally got the mil-spec charging handle working (I think), but now the valve striker doesn't want to retract all the way when I manually charge the bolt. When I open it up and cock the action by hand, the roller in the lower needs to be pushed just the slightest bit further down for the striker to retract.

The gun cycles fine under its own power, and if I rack the handle very sharply the extra momentum will sometimes do the trick. What could be causing this?

im using steel charging handle and this happened to me last time but now eveything seems to be ok... and yes to do the trick u have to rack the charging handle very sharply but after a few 50-100 racks it should be back to normal but if it still persist open and check part #66 ;)

I just bought 2 scar mags for my M4 which were told to be fit like the original M4 but actually what has happened to M4 is that the rubber mag lips is a bit higher 1-1.5mm so it resulted more pressure to the brass cylinder. It slowing down the back and forth of the bolt carrier due to the friction between them. I took out the o-ring inside the mag to lowering the rubber but later the bolt cylcle seemed to loss its power.

I guess people here already know about the issues so apologize if i raised this issue again. Just want to make sure that m4 user shall buy a specific m4 mag.

btw, i feel that once the scar mag was used on m4, it wont be fit anymore to be used on scar. so just be careful

Edited by Break100