WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Epoxy works. I've seen it done to a lot of WE M4 users here. Just don't forget to roughen up the surface and have some allowance for the carrier key. It worked pretty well on mine but decided to use a steel replacement just the same.

edit:

better do it quick though as most epoxies require 24h minimum curing time.

I wasn't going to glue the broken one back together, I was going to build up the groove hoping it will engage the hammer better and possibly reduce gas waste. Since I installed the DPMS charging handle I only get 10-15 BBs per CO2 mag.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I've run in to some minor problem when installing my TSC Guide Rod, and the problem is that the guide rod stabilizer is a bit tough to slide on to the guide rod. Anybody know how to deal with this problem? Should I heat up the stabilizer so it expands, and then slide it on?

Also I would like to ask if there is anybody here who knows of an retailer who has Wei-Tech bolts in stock. I would rather buy an entirely new bolt to install my new guide rod in and have a spare lying around, than having to dismantle my current bolt.

I wasn't going to glue the broken one back together, I was going to build up the groove hoping it will engage the hammer better and possibly reduce gas waste. Since I installed the DPMS charging handle I only get 10-15 BBs per CO2 mag.

I suppose that ought to work too, or a thin strip of sheet metal super glued into place (dries faster).

Edited by renegadecow

I just noticed the Sole German (Austria, Swiss) WE-dealer finally has the M4 CO2 conversion-kit in stock.

That would be great news for us European neighbours.

But there is a big 'but' IMHO:

Their WE M4 GBB CO2 conversion kit costs 69 Euro !

69 Euro = approx. 103 US$ !

Whe all know most (HK)shops have the conversionkit priced at 39 US$.

39 US$ = approx. 26 Euro

So the German store adds 64 US$ pure profit, based on the End User Retailprice in most (HK) shops.

And this is not "free shipping"....

If WE is charging that much (more) for the items they send to Europe... Then I will have my conclusions.

And if it's not WE, it must be the German Sole WE-people who are trying to earn a lot of money.

Not only do I think they got this conversionkit much too late, but at this price... I won't buy.

Just my idea.

I just noticed the Sole German (Austria, Swiss) WE-dealer finally has the M4 CO2 conversion-kit in stock.

That would be great news for us European neighbours.

But there is a big 'but' IMHO:

Their WE M4 GBB CO2 conversion kit costs 69 Euro !

69 Euro = approx. 103 US$ !

Whe all know most (HK)shops have the conversionkit priced at 39 US$.

39 US$ = approx. 26 Euro

So the German store adds 64 US$ pure profit, based on the End User Retailprice in most (HK) shops.

And this is not "free shipping"....

If WE is charging that much (more) for the items they send to Europe... Then I will have my conclusions.

And if it's not WE, it must be the German Sole WE-people who are trying to earn a lot of money.

Not only do I think they got this conversionkit much too late, but at this price... I won't buy.

Just my idea.

What a ripoff! People in the UK moan we have it bad on pricing of guns and parts, but even we don't pay that kind of markup!

I applied two layers of epoxy to the groove, and the gun seemed to function better over two skirmishes this weekend. When the stock charging handle shows up I'll hang on to this butchered one for a backup.

I also removed the white guide block and centered the nozzle manually by trial and error. My nozzle O-rings look pretty rough, does anyone know if I can get replacements from the local ACE store?

My biggest current gripe is CO2 mag leaks. I load up all eight mags with fresh powerlets and BBs, head out into the fray and an hour later half of them are only good for a couple of rounds and then a hiss. Two have audible leaks and two don't, but they are obviously losing gas somewhere.

Has anyone successfully repaired a CO2 mag leak?

kojak: im thinking the same thing my self when it comes to leaky magazines.

I do hear a small hiss but it's hard to locate from where it's leaking. It's way to late for me to take down my magazine right now to look, but does the magazines have the plug seals, and if so, what quality?

Would perhaps a new plug seal like this help? http://begadishop.com/catalog/product_info...roducts_id=3437 ... possibly cut down a bit to fit.

Has anyone tried teflon taping all the screws and the magazine valve? I know this was a major point on one of me ARES AW-338 (CO2-modded).

Just basically brain storming here :)

btw. airsoftbuddy has removed the "im gone fishing" message and item count on "WE M4 Parts" has gone up from 96 to 99.

A few more Scar parts has been added aswell.

Edited by Bamse

Has anyone else done any fps/power test with varying weights of BB?

Having seen many posts stating that FPS/bb weight is only really calculatable for AEG's with their fixed volume cylinders and that strange results can be produced by GBB's due to the nature of a gas system, I've just put some frequently used weights through mine just to see what results I got.

All tests were conducted with the SAME magazine.

I fired 10 rounds each of 0.2g, 0.25g and 0.3g. The weights were tested in that order.

The mag was given one full charge of gas before the tests were started and warmed to room temperature. The mag was not refilled at all over the course of the test, that means that in theory power should have, if anything, dropped over the course of the tests.

10 seconds was allowed between each shot (to record data) at each weight, with 5 minuted allowed between weights to allow the mag temp to normalise at room temp.

The highest and lowest result of each test was disgarded to eliminate any chance of an anomoly, and the results were then averages.

Results:

0.2g - 405fps, 1.52 Joules

0.25g - 395fps, 1.81 Joules

0.3g - 380fps, ~2.1 Joules

Pretty interesting results from the point of view of someone who skirmishes in that, aside from the fact I obviously need to drop the power to use it in the UK, one can effectively make ones gun more powerful simly by increasing bb weight.

So my gun could be made to run at 350fps with 0.2's (my site limit) but then by simply switching to 0.3's I can have a gun which is somewhat more powerful than when it is chronoed.

Now obviously I will be tuning mine on the 0.3g rounds which I intend to use and then get the fps to the point where the power is less than 1.1 Joules, but there will be many people getting their gun to field limits on 0.2's and then be breaking said limit with their 'field' ammo, most likely completely unintentionally.

Yeah the FPS drops far less in the WE (or any other gas powered gun) with the use of heavy BBs. My GBB pistol, for example, shoots about 10 FPS under site limits with .20s at the local CQB arena, but if I use .36 BBs and compare the same limit in joules to .20s it would be about 10 FPS over.

Thankfully airsoft is not heavily regulated where I play--everyone is on their honor to use "hot guns" wisely. With quick change springs and adjustable FPS guns growing in popularity, honor and respect for others is really all we can hope to count on.

A responsible gas gun user should have their gun chronoed with the nozzle type, barrel length, BB weight, and gas type they use in a game. Then calculate force in joules and adjust (your gun or the way you use it) accordingly.

Fresh! I've got to work on making my M4 less tacti-cool. Do any of those mags leak?

I cancelled my (back)order from Evike yesterday and placed one for a half-dozen replacement and upgrade parts with Airsoft Buddy. I'm pleased to report that I got a tracking number this morning and my order has already left HK! I had my doubts but it looks like he's doing a lot better now.

I cancelled my (back)order from Evike yesterday and placed one for a half-dozen replacement and upgrade parts with Airsoft Buddy. I'm pleased to report that I got a tracking number this morning and my order has already left HK! I had my doubts but it looks like he's doing a lot better now.

Well, appearently he was doing fine before, but in "ninja mode" (noone saw him coming, except Customs ofc). I waited for over 2 weeks (standard delivery time from HK to Spain) and when i was about to send an e-mail, i got the Customs mail telling me i had "something" waiting :o

At least now they give you tracking number :P

(2xM16 + 12CO2Mag + 2TSC Adjusting Rod = 1000€ and 25Kg, Custom bait!!)

Let me give you a piece of advice ;)

If after 2 weeks they don't answer, contact them.

If after a month they don't answer, contact Paypal.

Works everytime. Paypal only provides insurance for the first 45 days after the transaction has been made. After that, you are on your own, and tbh, i don't like losing money :P

So... from 11 september to 23 october it's 42 days. If i were you, i'd contact Paypal (in fact i was about to contact Paypal the same day i got the Custom Letter, as it was a month ago). Make sure you also send an e-mail to the company, letting them know that you are claiming your money back because you got no response at all.