WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I have absolutely no clue on taking my M16 apart.

I WAS going to leave it alone internally, but I want to use it more, and the FPS needs to come down before I can do that.

Ben.

EDIT:: I just popped the receiver open on my M16A3.

I can move the bolt carrier thing back, but it doesn't want to come out. The nozzle won't move.

Ben.

Edited by L4byr1nth

Yup if your M16 came with the big CO2 nozzle then get version 2 or scar one. It'll work with Green Gas and CO2 mags.

If your M16 came with the small Green Gas nozzle the get Version 1. It will only work with green gas mags.

And from what i heard the TSC adjustable system is poo. And btw if you want to keep the power you have to loctite the mechanism inside the nozzle.

you telling me i wasted 50$ on 2 "TSC Adjustable rod"? guess i'll have to stay with them for some time.

L4byr1nth, once you release the rear pin, and "break" your M16 in 2 (make sure there is no mag), pull the charging handle carefully, and the bolt will follow. then simply remove the bolt smoothly, and check if your nozzle is V1 or V2.

BTW, any advice on how to install my TSC Adjustable rod?, need to get it to work on 2 M16, but got no clue (just received them on monday)

I WAS going to leave it alone internally

EDIT:: I just popped the receiver open on my M16A3.

What?!? That's half the fun of having a replica so close to the real thing that the ATF decided to ban its sales in the US. I've probably disassembled my rifle to user level more times than I've used it in games just because its fun to do. :P

I tend to get it working how I want it, and then leave it the hell alone...

This one works great, but it's too hot for full-auto at my local site, and thus I need the RA-Tech NPAS.

Ben.

A GBB Rifle is not an AEG that you can "leave the hell alone". GBB rifles require regular maintenance, much like a real steel rifle. And parts will break with usage - just like a real steel rifle. Luckily, as with a real steel rifle, your GBB is designed for easy field maintenance.

So you'll have to get used to cracking open that thing sooner or later, so you can lubricate and/or clean off the dust/dirt/etc. But don't be afraid, it's not an AEG with a gearbox, screws, and hex bolts. This GBB rifle is a breeze to take apart.

To remove your bolt and look at the nozzle, make sure the mag is out and your hammer is de-cocked (just put the selector in "semi" and pull the trigger). Then push out the rear pin above the selector switch with your finger, pin, small screwdriver, or a pencil. Just push it in, all the way through until it clicks on the other side of the rifle. I will not fall out.

Then grab the top of your upper receiver (where the rail is that you mount your optics/carrying handle) and pull up. It'll make the barrel pivot down, folding the rifle into an "L" shape, with the barrel pointing straight down. Don't be scared, the barrel/upper receiver won't fall off as its held by another pin in front of the mag well.

Then grab the charging handle (a/k/a "cocking" handle) from the hanging receiver and pull it back. Don't worry if your charging handle falls out.

That silver metal thingy right under the charging handle "T" is your bolt. Simply grab it and pull it the rest of the way out, you'll have to angle it down a little. but it should pull out easily. Once you have your bolt out, just look at the nozzle in the front. If you have a version 1, you'll see a two o-rings the same size. A version 2 has the rear o-ring bigger - it looks stepped. Also, in this slightly disassembled state you can now clean the inner receiver, trigger pack and the bolt of dirt, spray in some lube, clean your barrel (you can look through it now), check your hop-up, etc.

To reassemble, just reverse the steps above. If your charging handle fell out, don't jam it back in straight... angle it down a little and push it in until the charging handle slips into its groove. Also, with the charging handle still pulled out, you'll have to slide the bolt back in under it. Then the charging handle and bolt will both move together until they fall back into place. Then pull the barrel up back up until it doesn't look like an "L" anymore, and looks more like an M16, and push the pin back into place. If it doesn't lock, make sure you have the selector in "Semi" and the hammer is de-cocked.

Afterwards, pat yourself on the back. You just took apart your first M16. And if perchance you are given a real M16 in the future (Zombie Apocalypse, etc).... you now know how to break it apart too.

You might also want to eventually pick up an armorers wrench and learn to take your barrel out. You'll eventually have to do this when you need to replace the hop up rubber, which will wear out faster than an AEG's. But, once again, it's a 5 minute job compared to working on AEG.

Gripper

I would even go as far as saying that its disassembly is a function rather than a feature. Don't be afraid of screws and small bits popping out and disappearing; it's not happening. To further enforce how easy it is, check out this 11-year-old going at it:

*disregard the further disassembly of the bcg as hers is real

Edited by renegadecow
I would even go as far as saying that its disassembly is a function rather than a feature. Don't be afraid of screws and small bits popping out and disappearing; it's not happening. To further enforce how easy it is, check out this 11-year-old going at it:

*disregard the further disassembly of the bcg as hers is real

How i wish to be American. :rolleyes: Oh, how i wish to have an SR-15 E3

My British friends won't want to hear that :D

alright, i dont really have time to read all 300+ pages of this thread but um considering getting a WE M4. i know it has its flaws but are these fixable? either with replacement/RS parts or by making my own? (i have access to full shop/CAD equipment and can use it). my other main concern was accuracy, has anyone solved the hop-up problems?

thanks in advance

alright, i dont really have time to read all 300+ pages of this thread but um considering getting a WE M4. i know it has its flaws but are these fixable? either with replacement/RS parts or by making my own? (i have access to full shop/CAD equipment and can use it). my other main concern was accuracy, has anyone solved the hop-up problems?

thanks in advance

These guns are sick. My only complaint is the availability of parts. The stores that do stock them have horrible service so it's a crapshoot of when they will arrive, if ever. There are a few things that are recommended to change like the nozzle, getting a tightbore, the new hop up. I recommend it. There is a small group in Calgary, three of us that I know of, that have them.

These guns are sick. My only complaint is the availability of parts. The stores that do stock them have horrible service so it's a crapshoot of when they will arrive, if ever. There are a few things that are recommended to change like the nozzle, getting a tightbore, the new hop up. I recommend it. There is a small group in Calgary, three of us that I know of, that have them.

AirsoftBuddy shipped my two recent orders very quickly. OTOH they haven't responded to my emails and some people have old issued that were never resolved.

AirsoftBuddy shipped my two recent orders very quickly. OTOH they haven't responded to my emails and some people have old issued that were never resolved.

Yeah, I've noticed that you've managed to get two orders shipped to you from them in the last month, and in just over that time I've had a confirmation email, and an update to "processing" email. both within a week of the order being place, and sod all else since. They've just been sent a politely worded threat of PayPal dispute. If PayPal do nothing, I'll have a chat with my bank about it.

Just open a Paypal dispute, give it 2-3 days then escalate to a claim if AB doesn't respond. I waited for my order for over 2 weeks with zero communication. Luckily I was refunded my full amount through Paypal, and ordered my parts from another overseas retailer.

Stay away from Airsoft Buddy, they only offer one shipping method (EMS 3-4 day delivery) which isn't cheap, and they won't ship your items until they feel like it.

Hey guys even AFC have trouble with contacting AB(AFC sales wholesales to AB)! Maybe could we open a thread to know how many guys are concerned? I'm waiting for a full order snice 11th september(~84$)and for many missing parts from a Group Order. Paid ~1280$, 400$ of parts are missing! Complete upper, CO2 kits...And in this new thread, each guy could post the parts involved in his order what do you think about? And we may have to post this on other forums as well! Maybe will this make him up!

Well im quite desperat now after dealing with AirsoftBuddy. :unsure:

And not reciving my order despite having payed for it.

They also do not answer my mails.

So my last resort is to try here!

I orderet a WE. Co2 GBB M4A1 around 11 juli and a RIS & Magpull grip from AirsoftBuddy/

William.

The RIS was out of stock, but no info here on the homapage and before i made the order and send the money.

So i had to wait until 18 august before the packet got shipped off.

Well ok... <_<

I then made an agrement with William personaly! that he must send the packet with FedEx and NOT! HongKong post or any otheres, cause they will after arival to my country (Denmark) hand it over to locak postal company after custum inspection.

Post Denmark as it is called here, has a policy that they do not handle ANYTHING weapon relatet, thet also include airsoft weapons and assesorys.

When they get it after cleared with custums they see what is in the packet, and when weapon relatet, they right away ship it back to the sender.

So i specificaly made an agrement with William that he shuld send with Fedex and he charged me for this SHIPMENT WITH FEDEX! 160 $ :mellow:

By the 23 august i had still not heard anything and recived anything, so i contacted them and first THEN i godt a tracking number.

There i saw this:

Posting DatePosting TimeDrop-off Point18-Aug-200917:01Kwong Wa Street Post Office

Date #LocationDelivery Status18-Aug-2009Hong KongItem posted.18-Aug-2009Hong KongProcessed for departure.18-Aug-2009Hong KongThe item left Hong Kong for its destination on 18-Aug-200919-Aug-2009DenmarkArrived.19-Aug-2009DenmarkPending customs inspection.20-Aug-2009DenmarkIn transit.20-Aug-2009DenmarkNot delivered because of prohibited articles. The item was returned to sender.22-Aug-2009DenmarkDeparted.24-Aug-2009Hong KongArrived.25-Aug-2009Hong KongIn transit.25-Aug-2009Hong KongArrived the delivery office.25-Aug-2009Hong KongItem returned to sender.

He had send it with HongKong post and they hand it over to Post Denmark when it arives just as i told them, and they refuse to handle tha packet when they find out what is in it, and ship it right back.

I didn't pay 160 $ for THAT!!! :angry:

I wrote William and told him, and he said that when they got the packet return, they would ship it off rigth this time with FedEx.

He recived the packet the 27 august and wrote me that he would send it to me again this time with FedEx on the 31 August.

Since then i heard NOTHING from him, i recived nothing! and i have now written more than 5 mails, but get NO reply!!

ONE full month today since last reply and promise of shipment.

I must ask WHY!! dosen't he answer my mails?

Why has i not recived my order that i have payed 630$ for now close to 4 month ago???

The delay when item was out of stock, i can accept and thats what happens! (he could have pointet this out when i send the order!! but well ok...)

That he make a mistake and despite an agrement and something i stated severel of times! and that he agreed to and that I PAYED FOR! do NOT send it with FedEx.

Well rather anoying and stupid! butt i can live with this and a slight delay AGAIN! and forgive this... (as long as i don't have to pay extra shipment for HIS! mistake!!)

But that i am being promised the packet at a specific date and then hear NOTHING (not to mention recive nothain!!) for a whole month! despite several of mails.

That i have a werry hard time to accept and understand! :angry:

This ###### me off.

That is not a way to conduct buisniss and to treat custumors, specialy not after the long wait i have already had! and the *fruitcage*up with shipment!

WHY don't i get my order???

Why dont i get a reply!???

It makes me worry and makes me sligt paranoid and thinking if im being swindlet out of 630$???

Well i don't like to think so??

I hope for some explanation and that it is some mistake?

Going public here is my last option since William/AirsoftBuddy do not reply any mails.