WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Mine is a Gen1; you don't think the problem could be fixed by simply installing the newest lever? I was thinking along the same lines--a blob of epoxy where it contacts the plate and just file it down until it works perfectly.

I almost bent mine but I was afraid to snap it without a spare handy.

Kojak,

I don't think the new lever would work... at least on my Gen1. The play is in the lower reciever well where the bolt catch lever installs. I tried swapping my Gen3 lever with the Gen1 and it also had quite a bit of forward/backward play. Exopy might work though, never tried this approach.

I also think just bending will snap it. It appears to be made of rigid steel, and I too was afraid it crack/breaking before it would bend. The key is heating it up first till it is red hot to soften the metal. When it is red-hot, it bends easily.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I have eliminated the play in my bolt catch using an home made washer, made with a very thin piece of plastic :).

My bolt catch works perfectly now and I'm sure it'll continue to work perfectly when I'll mount a bad lever on it (I'm waiting for the cheap version from pro&t).

For the bolt locked problem, you can try to rescrew your buffer tube a bit, or look at your #124 #125 parts.

I had the same problem twice, once when #124 were unscrewed and once again when my bolt went too far in the buffer tube.

Edited by Manu le maboul
kojak: dont forget to post about that magazine detail as soon as u find out where it goes, and if it solves any leakage issues ^_^

anxious? noooo ... ;)

I ran across this thread today; looks like you push the part with the green seal out once you have the knocker valve off. If you compare this photo with the replacement parts on ASB you can see that the new collar is shorter and the valve pin is shorter and thicker. I'm not sure if this points to a different mag version, or if they can be put in any CO2 mag as an upgrade.

I have eliminated the play in my bolt catch using an home made washer, made with a very thin piece of plastic :).

My bolt catch works perfectly now and I'm sure it'll continue to work perfectly when I'll mount a bad lever on it (I'm waiting for the cheap version from pro&t).

For the bolt locked problem, you can try to rescrew your buffer tube a bit, or look at your #124 #125 parts.

I had the same problem twice, once when #124 were unscrewed and once again when my bolt went too far in the buffer tube.

Where did you put the washer? I'm also waiting for the BAD lever, and it looks like they also sell a certain stock I've been wanting. Anyone have a buying experience with them yet?

...does anyone have some insight or a photo of how parts #47 and #48 should be installed?

Specifically, what is the sear spring (part #47) supposed to do? Pretty sure I got it wrong now, even though the gun was functioning.

I already ordered a noveske 10" freefloat rail and a pair of MBUS replica from them.

Not received yet, was sent in registered letter so it'll take 10 days (2 days to arrive in France, then 8 to make the travel from the airport to my house :/).

Ultra fast shipping, they shipped it out only 50min after they received my payment and they answer to e mails quite quickly too (in few hours) :). I'll reorder from them soon, they just added some new optics with very low prices :P.

I've put my home made washer between the bolt catch and the receiver, with the pin passing through it. I can take a pic if needed :).

I've put it there:

washer.jpg

Between the bolt catch and the receiver :).

As you can see, it's very very thin and Translucent so it's very discrete.

Now my bolt catch stay straight when the bolt catch plate push it up and it catch the bolt with a larger surface than before.

Edited by Manu le maboul
I've put it there:

Now my bolt catch stay straight when the bolt catch plate push it up and it catch the bolt with a larger surface than before.

That's pretty slick. Just tried it myself right now and it does help. I used the thinnest AEG shim on mine.

edit:

with the edge trimmed down a bit as it was sticking out

Edited by renegadecow

Still no reply on mails from AirsoftBuddy/William.

I have now been in contact with HongKong Police.

And i now recived a complaint/crime raport formula to be filled out and sendt in to them.

http://www.police.gov.hk/hkp-home/english/index.htm

I will also now let William/AirsoftBuddy know that i done this and give then a few days to responde.

If still no response after this? i will file a complaint for fraud with H.K. Police.

Don't know how much they will do about 630$ bit it's worth trying ant they apears quite forthcomming and interestet, maby cause HongKong is werry dependet upon forign trade in all forms, big & small?

I sugest all of you who is in the same situation as me does the same.

THEN maby he/they will responde?

Let William know that if he does not reply og ship orders we will take this as fraud and stealing our money and will report it to the Police (H.K. Police)

Maybe could you please post it on this topic: http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...;p=19724#p19724 and this one as well?http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=162955&st=60&gopid=2215549& I guess the more people are aware bout this the best it will be, since the HK police will have at least 10 similar complains! Just look: ab has 400$ of stuff from me, ~650$ from Kekedj, 600 frop you...we already have 1650$...

Edit: email sent to the HK police, telling them that the value of the fraud is already evalued to 1650$, probably more. Of course, I gave them the paypal transaction number, and the date of ab's last reply(20/08/2009 at 19h58). I also told them that we are already 3 guys(along to the 5 others of my group order). No I'm going to send an email to ab, telling them that I contacted the HK police, since they stollen me 400$!

Edited by Eliminator
I've put it there:

http://manulemaboul.free.fr/washer.jpg

Very clever; I'm going to pop an AEG shim in there too. I never noticed how much the stock part wobbles around.

http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/trigger-pack-47-48

You should probably check out the rest of the site as well....

Whoa, thanks! I actually scoured every bit of that site *except* the videos, and there it was clear as day.

As for AirsoftBuddy, I honestly think they have some kind of technical email problem. He ships lightening fast and was more than helpful through the PP contact dialog. I would hate to see the one source of WE parts dry up.

Speaking of parts, Evike has just listed the RA-Tech M4 and SCAR NPAS for sale. PLEASE call them up to place your orders, their website in no way reflects what they actually have in stock.

Sadly, it looks like they are ignoring you since the dispute deadlines have passed, in hopes of keeping your money. Very poor form. It hardly matters that they are providing better service to new customers if they are still cheating the old ones.

We all have to keep the time limit in mind for opening a PayPal dispute--and escalating it to a claim--when dealing with these small unproven exporters. I have let the clock run out myself and been burned in the past.

WE-Tech or WETTI is doing a terrible job of supplying us with a reliable source of parts. Evike is a cool store with some cool employees, but they are notoriously unprofessional.

Manu le maboul and renegadecow:

O_o

wow. I just installed the thinnest aeg shim where u guys said. it's like a completely new gun. thank you so much. I didnt even had to mod the shim, it was just ... perfect.

I just got an order from TQM with 7 new plates in order for me to do some serious testing and modding due to my gun almost never locking up, even after modding the bolt catch spring. This just made all those obsolete ^_^

again, thanks! :D

When it comes to TQM. jizzie chrizzie that man know his *suitcase*.

Last thursday i placed an order like 12:30 containing the 363mm chromed barrel (green rubber, but got a few black ones at home), 7 mag catch plates, an assortment of springs, a bolt catch and a fire selector.

15:31 I got a reply saying the order was shipped. It looks like it arrived here in Sweden on sunday, but I didn't get the Swedish post office notice until after work on monday.

Still. Holy golden showers batman!

Highly recommended if only WE would send him his stuff / wouldn't be so cumbersome doing business with. His stockage is the only downside imo.

I took the M4 down for yet another cleaning, lube (got some dielectric grease) and inspection today. Buttoned it back up, and the bolt jammed in the rear position on the very first shot. I'll take another look to see if #124-#125 could be catching something, but I doubt it--the problem popped up after my recent "upgrades" and those are some of the few parts that I haven't messed with yet. What caused your bolt to go to far into the buffer tube?

My gun seems to be missing part #96, which I assume belongs on the screw holding the trigger assembly down (#97). I noticed that I had to loosen #97 a little before I could get the pin (#87) to line up. Is there supposed to be some "give" to the trigger pack?

Edited by kojak
WE-Tech or WETTI is doing a terrible job of supplying us with a reliable source of parts. Evike is a cool store with some cool employees, but they are notoriously unprofessional.

Not to mention their ridiculously inflated prices for replacement parts. Buying these parts overseas plus shipping is cheaper than ordering from Evike. They take advantage of us knowing how hard it is to acquire replacements.

WETTI? Who was that again..

oh, the guy who came here to have cheap beta testers for his rifles and than left without a sound...

Yeah, he sure suckered everyone into buying "professional training weapons", made of cheap pot metal... Where is the support? Where are the readily available replacement parts? They answer to your emails but don't back up a single word they say.

My bolt carrier went too far in my buffer tube when I've adapted a WA one (the one I get with my cheap UBR stock).

WA buffer tubes are shorter inside, so I've cut the half of the #91 part and it was a little too short after that.

I've put a 5cts coin behind #91 part to compensate and everything is OK now.

WETTI? Who was that again..

oh, the guy who came here to have cheap beta testers for his rifles and than left without a sound...

Yep, the same guy with the "World Wide Network" :-).

For over half a year there has been en French company mentioned to take care of France, Belgium, Luxemburg: they have disappeared.

The German company mentioned has some ridiculous prices for some items. IF they have items...

Seems they have inner barrel with "new hopup" finally. Yeah, half a year after it was advertised and two weeks before yet another "new version" is there. Extremely professional handling of parts for "professional weapons training systems" one must say. And I do not blame the German company, because I'm willing to believe the problems are "higher up" (down south-east, that is :-)

The whole WETTI-thing seems to have been again a lot of hot air IMHO.

The Airsoft Buddy thing: since a new website was spotted wich containes plain copies of the AB - one, my "con! con! con!" alarm went off.

I'm not telling AB is the con, but someone is or was planning to be abusing his business. So I think.

I can only hope all will come to "as good as it can get" end.

But if not, I think it's "bye bye WE" for a lot of people.

Regarding airsoftbuddy...

Don't know what is going on but they have taken good care of my order. Last Saturday, a friend asked me to help out at a big event this weekend; but I had no mags for my WE M4 (He's borrowing most of the mags that I had).

I ordered 12 mags from airsoftbuddy Saturday night. As part of paypal, I mentioned that I really need these mags by this weekend, and to please send them ASAP. Based on past history with Speedpost and other airsoft shops (AirsoftGlobal, etc), I know that if the item wasn't shipped Monday, I wouldn't get it in time.

I didn't recieve any confirmation Monday. I sent an email requesting to cancel my order if it wasn't shipped Monday. I figured I'd bite the bullet and buy less mags at a local shop for the higher price and pay the 10% sales tax.

I didn't recieve any acknowledgement of my cancelation message all through Tues. Sent another message asking to refund my money so I can use the funds to buy from the local shop. Gave a Weds deadline when I would contact Paypal and my Credit Card company.

THEN...

Got a confirmation email that the shipment was sent ON MONDAY! (as I originally requested) :)

The Speedpost tracking number showed that the shipment already cleared customs by the time I clicked the email link.

And... I just got the package a few minutes ago!

Now I have magazines, spare hopup rubbers, the new inner barrel, and an EOTech 4x magnifier for the game this weekend! Total turn-around time: 5 days.

I wish airsoftbuddy would have sent the shipping email sooner to avoid the worrying... but it worked out pretty well in the end.

Yep, the same guy with the "World Wide Network" :-).

For over half a year there has been en French company mentioned to take care of France, Belgium, Luxemburg: they have disappeared.

The German company mentioned has some ridiculous prices for some items. IF they have items...

Seems they have inner barrel with "new hopup" finally. Yeah, half a year after it was advertised and two weeks before yet another "new version" is there. Extremely professional handling of parts for "professional weapons training systems" one must say. And I do not blame the German company, because I'm willing to believe the problems are "higher up" (down south-east, that is :-)

The whole WETTI-thing seems to have been again a lot of hot air IMHO.

The Airsoft Buddy thing: since a new website was spotted wich containes plain copies of the AB - one, my "con! con! con!" alarm went off.

I'm not telling AB is the con, but someone is or was planning to be abusing his business. So I think.

I can only hope all will come to "as good as it can get" end.

But if not, I think it's "bye bye WE" for a lot of people.

If you actually checked their website once a full moon, you would notice that they now have a name for the aforementioned shop you're looking for ;)

And yes .. IT IS the german's shop fault, they are charging freakin 69€ for the CO2 kit! The same kit i just bought from TQM for half the price, and unless Mark is selling below the price he paid for the parts it's obvious that sniperairguns are clearly overcharging to shaft their costumers ...

I can blame WE for many things ( like the reaaaally crappy hop up from my V1 M4 ) but most comments i see are coming from "angry" users/costumers from crappy online shops and not from WE :rolleyes:

I always order my parts from TQM, and as Bamse said .. ITS ONE HELL of a shop! It took a couple of days to process, ship and to the package to arrive in Portugal from the UK. I now have most parts doubled as a precaution and will buy many more parts from TQM, excellent service.

Again if you live in Europe go to Mark shop ( TQM ), as of now it's the best shop i've dealt with regarding WE parts.

I'm not saying it the perfect replica but its one hell of a improvement over my old WA :D

Since they(AB) sill don't reply, even when I told them I would contact the HK Police,I sent an Fraud Signalment to the police. They replied to me today, and I told them for the 400$ of stuff AB never shipped to me, as well as the Kekedj's 650$ order that had been "lost" and never reshipped. In addition, I added that there many similar cases, so if you are in the same boat than us, then contact the HK Ploice for Fraud