WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Hey Guys,

I just bought a WE M16A3 Ver3 (CO2 ready), and after forth time I used for battle suddenly it jams....then I opened the action bolt to see whats the problem. It seems that there is a white square plastic locate in the rear of the bolt and its a little bit move forward.

I tried to push it to original position and actually it works well, i can shot by single or burst mode again, but after several shot it jams again, and the white square plastic seems already move forward again.

Were you guys ever have the same probem like i did ? and what is the best solution to fix this problem.

Thx

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

....It seems that there is a white square plastic locate in the rear of the bolt and its a little bit move forward....

The white block is an "add-on" meant to stabilize and center the nozzle assembly, but in my case it was forcing it slightly off-center. The WE M4 wiki advises removing this part entirely.

So one more time with pics, WHAT happened to my hammer?? :

SDC10444.jpgSDC10445.jpgSDC10448.jpgSDC10443.jpg

The gun was firing normally when it locked up with the bolt in the rear position. It looks like the bolt was moving forward while the hammer was still cocked. I had to remove the buffer tube and slightly separate the receivers to "unlock" the gun.

SDC10450.jpg

There is some wear on the edge of the bolt here, which is probably normal.

SDC10451.jpg

There is slight wear here--I think this is where it snagged the hammer.

I've installed the steel trigger group; just waiting on my steel hammer to show up but I don't want this to happen again obviously.

Well its now been so long since i heard anything.

And there is absolutly NO reply.

So i assume that William / AirsoftBuddy actualy has swindlet / STOLEN! 630 $ from me!

Watch out AirsoftBuddy is swindlers and thives!!!

I can't see any other explanation??

Send an email to the HK police, I've done this, and they seem to be very interessted on that case...The email adress has been posted a few pages down

The latest is V3. It's CO2 mags ready. So your converting to the WE system now?

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Yes, I might be converting now because I got a very, very sweet deal for a WE M4 CQBR that I couldn't pass up.

I'll be using CO2 mags exclusively and .23g or .25g BBs. Most likely .25g BBs and later on I'll switch to .28g.

The V3 also comes with that new enhanced green hop-up, right?

The only thing I don't like is the ball bearing design....

Also, what makes a gun A.W.S.S.? The fact that it's ready for CO2?

Thanks again guys.

-Luis

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Yes, I might be converting now because I got a very, very sweet deal for a WE M4 CQBR that I couldn't pass up.

I'll be using CO2 mags exclusively and .23g or .25g BBs. Most likely .25g BBs and later on I'll switch to .28g.

The V3 also comes with that new enhanced green hop-up, right?

The only thing I don't like is the ball bearing design....

Also, what makes a gun A.W.S.S.? The fact that it's ready for CO2?

Also, from the post above, that's an ugly hammer.... So stock trigger group parts aren't steel???

Thanks again guys.

-Luis

Yea it comes with the enhanced hop up stock. They just call it the AWSS as one product. TBH it's just another selling point they just tried to make.

Not sure about the trigger group parts.... Nothing's wrong with my WE M4 since i got it other than 1 leakey mag and i screwed up the valve.

Thanks again for the help.

-Luis

Also guys,

What's the FPS and recoil difference between green gas mags and CO2 mags?

I know that you can skirmish CO2 mags in the cold but it doesn't get too cold here in Southern California.

I want to know because CO2 cartridges are expensive.

Thanks and sorry for the double post,

-Luis

So one more time with pics, WHAT happened to my hammer?? :

That part of the bolt does seem to be what damaged the hammer. What escapes me is how. After checking with my rifle, the bolt doesn't go far enough to go past the point where the hammer can go up. At it's rearward most position (about 3/4" of the bolt head is visible from the port), the tip of the bolt is still pushing down on the hammer. Could you check to see how far your BCG goes back? Did you remove the thick rubber bumper at the end of the receiver extension in an effort to make the BCG go realistically farther? Or did you replace the buffer assembly with a shorter one?

Also guys,

What's the FPS and recoil difference between green gas mags and CO2 mags?

I know that you can skirmish CO2 mags in the cold but it doesn't get too cold here in Southern California.

I want to know because CO2 cartridges are expensive.

Thanks and sorry for the double post,

-Luis

With a "free power" valve i can reach 600fps with co2 (few shots) and ~450 with greengas.

In 350fps mode i can shoot 4 mags with gg and 2 (3 in semi) with co2.

With a "free power" valve i can reach 600fps with co2 (few shots) and ~450 with greengas.

In 350fps mode i can shoot 4 mags with gg and 2 (3 in semi) with co2.

Thanks for the reply man. I only need about 420 FPS or so. It looks like I'll be going with Green Gas mags since Propane is dirt cheap. CO2 cartridges on the other hand are rather expensive.

Any others?

Thanks,

-Luis

Does anyone know if these can be fitted to WE:

WA pistol grip: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/gri...-grip-sand.html

WA L119A1 outer barrel: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/out...4a1-series.html

At least the outer barrel looks like as if it could take in WE hop-up unit (maybe with a bit tuning). And WA pistol grip should be milspec as well as WE is, right? Any first-hand experience?

Cheers

You can use a grip made for the WA, but you have to (carefully) drill a hole for the fire selector spring. A real-steel grip should fit with no mods.

Thanks for the info. Now that I´ve thought about it, that WA barrel might not be such a great a idea. The thing is, that I´m planning to convert my WE into a british L119A1 and those are the only reasonable parts I´ve found so far...

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what type of pin holds in the bolt catch on the M4? Is it a roll pin? A regular pin with a knurled end?

Also, does anyone know what size the pin is so I can buy it at Home Depot?

My gun should come in any day and but it's missing that pin and I need one ASAP.

Thanks,

-Luis

@Luis21: The retaining pin for the bolt catch is approx. 2,3mm in diameter, and 13mm long. It's the curled end type if I'm not mistaken. Measured the pin from my own WE M4, which I removed and replaced with a different solution. Don't know what it's called in English, but it looks like this:

frp.gif

The specs I went for:

d1 = 2,5mm

l = 13mm

The rest won't matter much.

I bought a slightly larger one than required and bent it slightly into shape and whacked it into place with a hammer. The WE standard one tends to fall out. This thing won't go anywhere.