WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I have shimmed the bolt catch on my M4 and have nothing but success with the bolt carrier locking back when the last round is fired! I am also using converted Magpul PMags with the WE internals and they fit the magwell a lot better than the stock outer mag shells do...maybe there are some tolerance issues!

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

My "steel" bolt catch actually turned out to be worn. I can see it's missing 1-2mm of materal and it looks like it's bashed in where it contacts the bolt carrier. I guess steel isn't strong enough? Do real steel bolt catches work?

Real ones won't work. There are different grades of steel, my rifle had the softer variety. After a month the part that hits the bolt was bent. Replaced it with a stock part which WE claims to be made of a harder grade and it's held up since then (March). So any of the advertised $5 stock part should work.

robinio: nah, augdahl.net

Marky: the valve itself has changed quite a bit. the aluminum cylinder is a fair bit shorter. they look more like the replacement parts over at AB.

also they have an o-ring under the mag valve housing (http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=266) which i had to remove in order not to destroy the gun completely when firing due to magazine pushing the whole #111/112 assembly way up.

Where did you get the RA-hopup kit? I haven't seen it on their website.

I actually got them directly from renton, u can find it here http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=5968 . Combined with the new black rubber it gave me quite good results.

I've seen it on the RA-Tech website somewhere and i believe from RA-Tech's Youtube feed.

EDIT:

Here it is

Edited by danielsilva
honestly I dont know. But I made a picture, maybe it helps.

kameratest047.th.jpg

Does your bolt catch work 100%?

Cheers

Daniel

After a few mods, yes it does catch every time! I shortened the bolt catch spring 2 or 3 turns, put a shim on it ( altough i don't think u'll need it, i used it because my guns are v1 but one of my mates v3 didn't needed it, better tolerances maybe ? ) and used synthetic metal to add a litle bit of material to the bolt catch - where the catch touches the catch plate of the mag -, this last one sealed the deal.

To be honest with the synthetic metal "mod" i don't think the other two mods are needed but since it works i didn't touched it anymore :P

Yeah u have a v2 co2 nozzle, can't say anything about the NPAS cause i just bought it yesterday from Mark ( TQM ), but once it arrives i'll test it against the other 3 different valves setups i have at home ;)

When the new Ra-Tech parts arrive i'll have a 80% CNC machined steel trigger group, hope it lasts long!

Thank you very much mr. silva ;)

Is it needed to get new trigger parts? I also did a bit beating to my charginghandle and its still one piece. :mellow: So I guess that I got a good one?

I will buy the ra-tech parts. npas and the new hop up stuff and a few co2 magazines.

CHeers

Daniel

Thank you very much mr. silva ;)

Is it needed to get new trigger parts? I also did a bit beating to my charginghandle and its still one piece. :mellow: So I guess that I got a good one?

I will buy the ra-tech parts. npas and the new hop up stuff and a few co2 magazines.

CHeers

Daniel

Ohh cmon drop the mr thing, my name is daniel :blink:

Anyway i did sub basically all my trigger parts but i haven't broken anything apart from a v1 charging handle, i just changed them for precaution. Some will tell you to change a few parts and some may tell you different, i won't say for you to change them because it's a bit of a gamble to know if they're gonna break or not.

Since you're going to use a lot of CO2 my advise is to either change or at least stock a few parts and carry them you as an extra. My self, i prefer to stock a few cheap parts and have them easily available than to have my GBBR's in the corner gathering dust because the parts i need aren't in stock and i can't find them ;)

Although i can say you one thing, my first WE M4 has quite a few thousand rounds on it ( blasted already almost 2 bags of BB's - 3500 each ) and i fired them through Propane exclusively and i can tell you for sure some parts have noticeable wear, and i maintain my GBBR's as i would maintain a real steel weapon!

Right, been reading round and really interested in a Scar GBBR. Fancy a change, got tired of playing around with the internals of my elec guns.

I've read through most of what I can find but would like some things clarifying.

I assume there is now a latest version of this platform, how will I ensure I get this version and how different is it from the earliest models? Did they start from a certain serial number?

In relation to upgrades, are the ones listed below still required on the latest versions and what other tweaks are needed? I found the WEM4 wiki, just wondering which tweaks can be done on the Scar.

#37 O ring to add to all gas mags to help seal

#64 Ra-Tech Stainless rod + NPAS Kit

#66 Steel version from TWS or Ra-Tech????

Replacement hinge plate

Stinger WE M4/M16 Upgraped Hop Up Set

Bomber lightweight bolt (not sure if I want this)

Many Thanks

My firing parts assembly finally gave. I've noticed lately that the hammer break became a lot lighter and susceptible to bump firing on semi-auto. Yesterday during a game, my gun won't stop shooting even with the trigger released. But before buying replacements, I thought I'd give the hammer assembly a go first. Inside, I found the corners of both the hammer and trigger (the areas that engage against each other) were rounded out plus thee hammers angle of engagement was off slightly. Mounting the two parts outside the ignition parts casing showed me that the hammer does slip from the trigger because of the wear. I then simply filed down the areas back to right angles and corrected the hammers angle of attack. Below is a rough illustration of the parts and which areas I modified. I increased the gap between the hammer and trigger just to make things more clear. So far, it's fixed my problems and only caused a slight (less than 1mm) increase in height of the hammer engagement due to material loss.

wehammer.jpg

From what I gathered in the SCAR page, it's usually parts #66 and the butt stock plate that give.

Yeah i've figured that too, i already have part #66 in my "house stock" and already have that part and part #64 in steel from Ra-Tech ( actually bought them for me M4, couldn't find the NPAS for the M4 :P ). If thats the case i just missing the hinge plate, too bad i can find it in europe :(

Hey guys, big thread and not enough patiance on my part....do only real steel parts suck as stock and Pistol grip fit the WE? or any specific brand you find fits? Im in the process on making a diemeco SFW and could do with a enhanced pistol grip and 4 position stock...

Any advice would be great :)

do only real steel parts suck as stock and Pistol grip fit the WE? or any specific brand you find fits?

Takes RS fore end, pistol grip, and whole mil spec receiver extension assembly. They already come with a 4 position tube despite having an LE type stock so all you need is to install a normal carbine stock. If you can't find any mil spec (they fit best) you could add electrical tape on the tube as spacers and put on any stock for an AEG. You can also use WA pistol grips but you'd need to carefully drill a hole on the side for the plunger spring.

About how many mags fill ups do you usually get out of a can of green gas? And about how many do you get out a small coleman propane tank?( http://bbq.about.com/b/2008/05/19/coleman-green-key.htm)

A propane tank usually lasts me 2 months, but my M4 isn't the only GBB it feeds. Calculating without the handguns, it gives me roughly 60 mag fulls.