WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Alright, I need some help here and I'll try to explain as best I can.

I recently installed the chromed 6.25 tightbore and stinger hop up. It seems ever since then my shots have been inconsistent with coming out of the gun. I'll load up a mag,first shot a bb might come out, if not, then I'll fire a few more shots and all four will shoot out at once. When I aim it at the floor and fire a few shots nothing will come out right away but then they'll just drop out. Not fast either. Like when you hold the end of a straw and the water drips out slowly. Has anyone seen similar things? That's the only thing I've changed so I can't see there being anything else wrong. I also have the NPAS in it.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I recently installed the chromed 6.25 tightbore and stinger hop up. It seems ever since then my shots have been inconsistent with coming out of the gun. I'll load up a mag,first shot a bb might come out, if not, then I'll fire a few more shots and all four will shoot out at once. When I aim it at the floor and fire a few shots nothing will come out right away but then they'll just drop out. Not fast either. Like when you hold the end of a straw and the water drips out slowly. Has anyone seen similar things? That's the only thing I've changed so I can't see there being anything else wrong. I also have the NPAS in it.

you installed your hop up wrong, or its waaaay over hopped. examine/re-install

I really like my WE but I stil have a stock V1 because additional parts are not available.

As a stock version 1 it does work pretty well with propane but it really needs a better hop / barrel and there is no way it will cycle in this cold weather. Maybe by the summer WE parts will be available again.

I really like my WE but I stil have a stock V1 because additional parts are not available.

As a stock version 1 it does work pretty well with propane but it really needs a better hop / barrel and there is no way it will cycle in this cold weather. Maybe by the summer WE parts will be available again.

Whaa ? I have ALL spare parts at home and i get them from your country :blink: Just contact Mark from TQM.

No, you must buy the 2nd gen barrel and hopup :)

Cheers.

Although Tokyo model company said they had confirmed from RA Tech it to fit ver1 & 2 I don´t quite believe that.

Email from Tokyo Model co: "We were ask RA Tech the RA TECH Stinger WE M4/M16 Hop Up Kit is for ver.1 & 2. OK"

So, all of you Magpul junkies have a new fix.

It's the new products for RedWolf, and among them are an FDE and Black Prime Magpul receiver.

ASAP included.

Can't find them on the shop though :(

Cheers.

Although Tokyo model company said they had confirmed from RA Tech it to fit ver1 & 2 I don´t quite believe that.

Email from Tokyo Model co: "We were ask RA Tech the RA TECH Stinger WE M4/M16 Hop Up Kit is for ver.1 & 2. OK"

It does work, just not as it's supposed to. The hop-up adjustment mechanism is basically the same but you won't get the same results nor will you able to use the hop-up buck that comes with the kit.

Edited by danielsilva
It does work, just not as it's supposed to. The hop-up adjustment mechanism is basically the same but you won't get the same results nor will you able to use the hop-up buck that comes with the kit.

So basically I would be using the same ver 1 hop-up buck, which in fact, I´m am desperately trying to get rid off. Now looking pics of the hop-up kit it seems to be rather logic. Guess I have to switch the whole barrel/hop-up combination in order to get some improvement in accuracy <_< Fortunately, there´s still plenty of time before it´s summer again here in Finland :D

Did you by any chance part #117 correctly ? From the problem you are describing it looks like you ether forgot to put part #117 back in ( i fixed a gun with this problem not long ago ) or that part i not in place correctly

Has anyone tried painting their brass valve? Do you think it'd screw with the operation of the gun?

Stripped paint would get everywhere, not a good sight. Best bet is to build part #111/112 in alu and then anodize it, i'm actually thinking of doing that just for *suitcases* and giggles.

Edited by danielsilva
Did you by any chance part #117 correctly ? From the problem you are describing it looks like you ether forgot to put part #117 back in ( i fixed a gun with this problem not long ago ) or that part i not in place correctly

Stripped paint would get everywhere, not a good sight. Best bet is to build part #111/112 in alu and then anodize it, i'm actually thinking of doing that just for *suitcases* and giggles.

What if i wrapped some eletrical tape around it. Sorry but the nozzle looks too much like a round in the chamber for my tastes.

If it bothers you that much, WETTI did say they're working on a drop-in kit that removes the brass tube altogether. Similar in function to a WA Magna system I suppose. But seeing as that will probably take forever... there are products to chemically blacken brass like Blacken-It or Birchwood Casey Brass Black.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4501148_blacken-brass.html

Edited by renegadecow

Not to be rude or anything but does this really sound non-adjustable? :)

pics also show adjusting valve like on the npas.

Adjustible Valve for WE GBB ver. III !!!

yadyada

*** Adjust the Gas-Flow by yourself very easy.

It's also this kit that's been available on TMC for ~2 months.

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=6096

;) ;)

Edited by Bamse

Seeing as how WE is focusing on the M14 now, does this mean that all support for current M4/SCAR/416/PDW owners will cease? WE will not answer any emails regarding this, so it seems likely that we will never see those critical parts we need to fix our broken guns.

Just about all of WE's official retailers have been out of stock on spare WE parts for several months now, which leads me to believe that WE has stopped shipping parts to it's dealers and plans on "moving on" to their new gas system. Has anyone here had any luck contacting WE lately?

Seeing as how WE is focusing on the M14 now, does this mean that all support for current M4/SCAR/416/PDW owners will cease? WE will not answer any emails regarding this, so it seems likely that we will never see those critical parts we need to fix our broken guns.

Just about all of WE's official retailers have been out of stock on spare WE parts for several months now, which leads me to believe that WE has stopped shipping parts to it's dealers and plans on "moving on" to their new gas system. Has anyone here had any luck contacting WE lately?

About the support to the current guns, WETTI stated that they will continue the development/support/whatever the current gen of guns right here on the forum, just search the M14 GBB thread, if that's true or not only time will tell. If you're trying to reach manufacturers through email ... from all my years of airsofting only 3 companies ever replied to emails i've sent regarding their products, WE, Marui and recently ARES ( and that took couple of weeks ), i never get my hopes too much when contacting manufacturers directly.

Anyway i can get my spare parts easily, at least Mark from TQM NEVER failed me when i asked for specific parts and usually has a healthy stock of spare parts so i don't think it's a WE problem more than it is a regional problem. TBH never had parts shortage from european shops ?

I know TQM has a few shipments coming from WETTI and i already have a part list to give em for when he does the next order ( which from what he tells me is gonna be next month ), and he IS an official distributor and he's not the only distributor in Europe i get parts from. Do you really have so much spare parts shortage on the US ? I mean .. i have 3 full "boxes" of spare parts for the WE GBBR's :blink:

In my opinion there is now only 2 critical problems with my WE GBBR's that weren't/are already fixed, and i expressed them quite fiercely here ( or at the M14 thread whatever ):

1) Pot Metal Trigger Group

2) Less than stellar hop-up

For the first problem i might have the solution already since by the end of the month i will be receiving 5 samples of the CWI trigger group and will test them thoroughly. But from the initial feedback i got, they're of good quality and are straight drop in replacements, so one problem fixed i believe.

About the hopup unit, i'll be testing a new aeg hopup unit on the following weeks as soon as i get them from overseas. I'll post what i found after i test them on the field.

You're absolutely right, it's rare to communicate directly with other manufacturers, but you know why? Because they have thousands of aftermarket part replacements readily available for their systems, and those users don't need to beg for a pot metal trigger or something as simple as a missing spring or screw.

I do hear that European shops are more consistent in keeping their parts in stock and carrying hard to find replacements. But why not here in the US?

The problem then is clear. WE needs to drop their current US based dealers and find a retailer that will frequently stock spare parts and improve their overall image. Airsoft Outlet NW is a joke, they carry a small handful of parts and they're completely out of stock. Evike? these guys won't order special parts even if their website mentions this:

"Lots of Optional Accessories and 100% Factory Part Support Provided by Evike.com Inc. Another Reason To Buy Yourself A WE MK16 ASC Today!"

A bunch of BS. If their M14's trigger group or any critical operation part is made of pot metal, it will be no different that the M4 series.