WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

WE M4A1 V1

External

ACM Ergo Grip

Magpul PTS ACR & Magpul PTS .70'' Enhanced Buttpad

Magpul PTS A.S.A.P &Magpul PTS B.A.D &Magpul AFG

EOTech 511.D1 @ ACM LaRue ECOS-C QD

Aimpoint 3X @ ACM Wilcox Mount

VFC AAC Supressor/ SCAR-H Hider

ACM VLTOR Gas Block

Element DD Omega 7.0''

Internal

RA-Tech Firing Pin and Valve Knocker

RA-Tech NPAS

TSC Hexagonal Guiding Rod

*CWI Forged Trigger Set ( not actually installed yet )

LAT Ball Bearings

Custom heavy buffer

Prometheus 6.03mm TB & Prometheus Hard Type Hop Bucking

Stinger's "Prototype" AEG Hop-Up

mg0011.jpg

mg0010r.jpg

mg0014.jpg

I'll review Stinger's hop-up kit, but from the 2 mags i discharged with it i can say the results seemed good.

Any word on price and when it will hit the streets?

Can't confirm anything but the kit should be less than 50€ ( should be noted that the kit contains the complete chamber ), but can't really say since my sample came with an extra free Stinger/RA-Tech Hop kit, almost all small bits came with extra sub. parts and even with a hop bucking.

The first reports from the kit mentioned a power loss problem, almost 40 to 60fps less than the original setup, but i've chrono'ed the Prometheus 6.03mm 260mm TB and only found a 20fps decrease in power versus the WE Chrome 6.02mm 262mm TB, so the problem does not seem as big as it seemed initially ( actually renton's found a "solution" for the problem somewhat ). To me this isn't a problem since i have a country limit of ~374FPS ( 1.3J ) and with the kit installed, it's still shooting hot at 390FPS ( 410 with the stock inner barrel ).

I fired 2 full magazines and there were no misfeeds and/or jams, 60 out of 60 rounds fired without any problem. I used .25g bb's and at the lowest setting they were falling at about ~40-50m, there was the occasional odd flyer and they were steering a bit to the right at the end of their trajectory but the wind was blowing in that direction and was very strong, so i assume it was the wind's fault that they were heading that way.

Fired one magazine in full auto and the groupings were quite good considering the size of the barrel, surely on par with my 363mm 6.04mm on the KA AEG, can't confirm the shots spacing again due to the strong winds outside. I'll try to secure an indoor space big enough to test it properly but from these initial tests i think the kit is money well spent.

There are a few bad points that could be improved however. I was disappointed to see that it still uses the infamous ball bearing system to adjust the hop up, the ball bearing indeed is much bigger this time and offers more contact area but still ... As soon as i removed the ball bearing from the package i lost it, fortunately it came with a spare one ... Installation can be a bit awkward, you'll have to be very careful to properly align everything and you'll still need to do a bit of modifying to the hop-up bucking since it's not a drop-in solution ( you'll have to cut a bit from it ).

These are my initial findings, i'll try to do some accuracy tests if tomorrow's weather outside permits it and finish this "review". Next i'll give more info and "review" CWI's trigger pack that should arrive in the next few days from TQM.

Edited by danielsilva

Hey guys! I was just wondering....

If you have your hop set for the bb weight you use, empty the loaded magazine on full auto....then reloaded the mag with the same weigt bbs and shot the bb's...do the bb's from the "cooled down" mag sail up?

I am experiencing this with my WE SCAR. I asked on that thread and nobody has responded yet so I figured...same system...same hop unit...should be the same performance...

Please let me know if this is normal.

Thanks!

BTW, I have a Black hop packing ring....I was using propane and .25g BBs at 45 degrees (so the mag cools down quicker and more significantly)

Gonna have a look at the AGM after all I think. Plenty of parts at very reasonable prices, and available in many places.

Personally, I'm switching to KJ M4. Heard a LOT of good about that one.

Actually I've never heard of a AGM user that didn't have problems. Avoid it if possible. It's like WA but even worse...

something new from RA-Tech but the price is kindda insane :(

http://www.ratech.com.tw/store/product.php?id_product=343

Cheaper version, but I don't think anyone buys here anymore:

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct...products_id=558

I just placed a small order of parts. Was tempted to get one too, but if it never arrives... :rolleyes:

Concerning the RA Tech product, it's stating that it's a package. I've read on the Augdal.com site that RA Tech has produced upgrade packages for the WE products... (NPAS, trigger parts,...) explaining the high price

I have just another question :

I like to make two uppers... One CQB and one more woodland oriëntated...

My CQB upper I would like to re-use my GG chamber (I will not be using Co2 for CQB soo) My Co2 chamber will be installed in my woodland setup....

Is it a good idea to still use the GG chamber + nozzles, or do I buy a second Co2 system and just use GG mags?

I will use RA Tech NPAS in both setups...

Also, can someone tell me if I can still buy WE uppers and where?

Edited by Ian24
Personally, I'm switching to KJ M4. Heard a LOT of good about that one.

Actually I've never heard of a AGM user that didn't have problems. Avoid it if possible. It's like WA but even worse...

Going with the KJW M4 will be the wisest decision you'll ever make. Its the one to go for if you want reliability, durability. precision and accuracy.

Pull the trigger on the credit card man. You'll be happier than ever.

I have put over 9000 rounds in mine and the bolt has NEVER failed to lock back on me.

Hey guys! I was just wondering....

If you have your hop set for the bb weight you use, empty the loaded magazine on full auto....then reloaded the mag with the same weigt bbs and shot the bb's...do the bb's from the "cooled down" mag sail up?

I am experiencing this with my WE SCAR. I asked on that thread and nobody has responded yet so I figured...same system...same hop unit...should be the same performance...

Please let me know if this is normal.

Thanks!

BTW, I have a Black hop packing ring....I was using propane and .25g BBs at 45 degrees (so the mag cools down quicker and more significantly)

no answer? please help guys! thanks!

no answer? please help guys! thanks!

Sorry, I've never encountered anything similar - other than hopup just acting erratic and being otherwise unreliable. I haven't really noticed difference between magazines, if they're full enough. WHEN I manage to tune the hopup right (and planets are aligned correctly), my WE M4 shoots straight like a laser, with the newest type of black rubber hopup. But even when working as good as possible, the hopup like to hook once a while, and shoot bb's upward, left or right.

I'm not saying WE M4 is a bad platform and I think it beats the hell out of WA if you happen to have a working specimen. But KJ sounds almost like too good to be true, so it's definitely gonna be interesting when I get one for myself. Problem free magazines and reliable bolt lock is what I really look forward to.

Hey folks i just got my hands on a we m16 and am doing it up a bit. I was just wondering if any of you guys knew if pro win or anyone else were releasing or likely to release the short style mags for the we gbb system?

Cheers,

Bulb

Last I heard/saw, WE have been testing their M16A1 and A2 receivers

I pity the fool that makes WE A1 and A2 jokes :mrt:

Unless... you're not kidding. :o

On a side note, my package from AB just arrived. That was like what, 1 day shipping? Makes me wish I'd added that ambi selector after all. I've only really ordered small packages from them in the past and all came swiftly. If only they were as consistent with larger orders. :(