WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Thanks Pariah, I'll give that a try. Yeah the bolt is cold to the touch. I have tried a couple of greases because I was getting some sticking issues in the brass cylinder (silicone spray, gear grease, cylinder grease, etc.) but never considered that the lubricant could actually freeze like that at room temp.

Edited by Torque
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Torque, is it really cold to the touch? It might actually be the lubricant freezing. My mate had this issue. He likes using copious amounts of lube on his guns. His PDW was having similar cycling issues around the 5th magazine. We later learned that the lubricant was freezing. Using less lube worked for him. You might want to try using gearbox grease as opposed to spray lubricant. We found that it was much less susceptible to freezing and locking up than the spray lube.

I thought gearbox grease is not supposed to be that good for the O rings?

I thought it was always that yellow/ brown grease for gears and gearbox and white lithium grease for piston and O rings?

Yeah, what a complete noo.... oh wait, you guys are talking about me. :rolleyes: (Let's keep the pointless pile on posts to a minimum, shall we? After working on guns for 3 years now, I'm not a complete idiot)

Anywho, I'm gonna try some dry teflon lube and see if that fixes the problem. There's definitely some issues with wet lube, even a thin amount of lithium grease. Trust me, I have completely field stripped, cleaned, and lightly relubed the bolt assembly several times, and it is still having sticking issues. I think the TSC uni-directional guide rod might be out of spec alignment. Also, it doesn't 'piston' as smoothly back and forth as the stock one did.

The large O-ring on my TSC CO2 nozzle broke during a game, but I went through about six mags after that and didn't notice any difference.

Biggest current complaint is the useless hopup (black version). Where the heck is the AEG barrel conversion?

I have another 2 aeg hop up kits coming. Been having very good results with the one installed on the M4, this time i'll provide photos from the ground up and make test photos/videos available. This time i'll pair them up with some nice 500mm KM Head TB + Prometheus Hard Rubber.

I just remembered that somebody at a very early stage of this thread used some super Teflon grease, i think it was Teflon I'm not sure.

It has a ridiculously low freezing point. I'll try and find the page. But if i haven't forgotten the grease was very expensive and is rare.

Edit: Found it! It's called Krytox. According to Wikipedia: "useful over a broad temperature range -60 to >300 °C"

Cheapest one i could find on Ebay

But i think that shooter's lube stuff would be good enough.

A search in this thread also reminded me of this.

"It has special hard coating. Enhance 30% antifreeze effect & the airtight effect."

Edited by alston251

Got a problem with bolt stop. It Does not engage empty when shooting and engages when charging with handle. This happens with all my magazines. Installed TSC Bolt Catch Plates with no help. Installed also Steel Bolt Catch because the old one was wearing down really fast. Still no effect to the bolt stopping when shooting with empty magazine. The bolt stop mechanism is working properly in the magazines. The bolt stop engages when I push the magazine inward. So could it be that the magazine sits 0.5mm too low in the magwell. Or could it be that the magazine spring that should engage the bolt catch plate and the bolt catch are just too weak to do that? Has anyone had same experiences ? If so did you fix it some how ?

Do you mean that by shimming part 74 the bolt catch feature would operate better. I tried that. Shimming the part reduced its shifting a little but the boltstop feature just won´t work.

1 minute later...Ok now it works. The bolt carrier part was damaged rounded, just sharpened it up and now it works.

Edited by syltty

Need some help fast, I have yet another issue...

Now that it seems that I fied the hop up problem, my M4 loads two bb's and fires them at once. The next shot doesn't shoot any bb's at all... and so on and so on...

Part # 117 doesn't seem to be broken but I'm really hoping to fix it before sunday....

Have another issue myself. I apologize ahead of time if this was answered previously in this thread.

I was testing my WE M4 last night, still having some issues with the bolt assembly and nozzle. Anyway, I started getting the issue where you pull the trigger, and all you hear is a single "click". No gas release. The striker pin is all the way in the forward position, and will not retract. Therefore it is too high and will not hit the strike gas release pin on the magazine. Everything else looks ok.

What is causing this? How do I fix? I can't seem to figure it out.

Now that it seems that I fied the hop up problem, my M4 loads two bb's and fires them at once. The next shot doesn't shoot any bb's at all... and so on and so on...

Part # 117 doesn't seem to be broken but I'm really hoping to fix it before sunday....

After the first shot ( the one that doesn't get out ) just check if there is any BB loaded or not, probabl it's getting stuck somewhere.

Have another issue myself. I apologize ahead of time if this was answered previously in this thread.

I was testing my WE M4 last night, still having some issues with the bolt assembly and nozzle. Anyway, I started getting the issue where you pull the trigger, and all you hear is a single "click". No gas release. The striker pin is all the way in the forward position, and will not retract. Therefore it is too high and will not hit the strike gas release pin on the magazine. Everything else looks ok.

What is causing this? How do I fix? I can't seem to figure it out.

Open the rifle and remove the trigger cage out, check for part #66 ( #64 ? ), the small shiny metal part on the side of the trigger cage.

Open the rifle and remove the trigger cage out, check for part #66 ( #64 ? ), the small shiny metal part on the side of the trigger cage.

Thanks. What's the quickest way to get the trigger cage out? What pins do I need to remove? Just trying to avoid 'trial and error' removing unnecessary pins to get it out.

Thanks. What's the quickest way to get the trigger cage out? What pins do I need to remove? Just trying to avoid 'trial and error' removing unnecessary pins to get it out.

http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/lower-receiver-takedown

behold, it is the WE M4 wiki. it is your friend. trust it, use it.

Yep, thanks El Cactus. I'm somewhat familiar with the Wiki, but somehow missed that takedown page. Also, I see the trigger pack takedown is missing. The Wiki almost looks like it was abandoned and hasn't been updated in a while.

Man, that sux. All that work just to get the trigger pack out?

Also, I found a little piece of shiny metal broken off from somewhere in the trigger assembly. Could this be a piece of part #66, and thus the reason my striker won't retract properly?

If it is broken (won't know until I takedown everything), what would you guys suggest as a viable replacement? The TSC set, or something else?

Thanks again for the help!

Edited by Torque

Yep, thanks El Cactus. I'm somewhat familiar with the Wiki, but somehow missed that takedown page. Also, I see the trigger pack takedown is missing. The Wiki almost looks like it was abandoned and hasn't been updated in a while.

Man, that sux. All that work just to get the trigger pack out?

Also, I found a little piece of shiny metal broken off from somewhere in the trigger assembly. Could this be a piece of part #66, and thus the reason my striker won't retract properly?

If it is broken (won't know until I takedown everything), what would you guys suggest as a viable replacement? The TSC set, or something else?

Thanks again for the help!

Most likely it is, if it is just buy the RA-tech one. I'll try and post pictures of the procedure later on :)

Has anybody of you guys shoots 3000 bbs without problems?

On every page, there are xxx problems... In my mind the WE guns are ######.... The M4, Scar, PDW and the pistols make over 1000-2000 bbs problems....

My M4 now has way more than 15k rounds, the only thing broken was the charging handle. I changed most parts recently just to be on the safe side, i still have them stored and they show some signs of wear but function perfectly otherwise.

My M16 still has ALL the original parts and although i have parts ready i will only change them as needed, this one is less used and only has like 4k rounds ( all co2 ).

Could it be that it's due to changing the recoil spring?

Is it possible for the owners of the stinger hopup to tell me which and how much spacers they use between their ball bearing and the rubber...

Thx