WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I've had my WE for almost a year now and nothing has broken on it's own, other than my forward assist button popped out today.

I broke the valve behind the nozzle but it was caused my me trying to downgrade it. But i've only been running green through it. Never CO2.

The only thing i want are PMAGs and a decent/AEG hop system.

Edited by alston251
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

The only thing i want are PMAGs and a decent/AEG hop system.

Not exactly PMAGS, but if these dumb things made my WEM4 mags stay seated in upside-down gen 3 FAST mag holders I would consider them. Last time I was at an AEX they weren't in stock yet, so I couldn't test one out. I can't imagine who else would spend another $20 on their leaky WE mags, but it's nice to see a new product.

Anyways, eagerly anticipating a good AEG barrel conversion. I slapped a cheap Element split rubber and a $7 concave hop nub on an otherwise stock 1J G36 and it's sad how badly it out ranges my WE.

Help Needed !

Evening people :) I have been told if I have an issue that this is the place to ask if it can be sorted ! I have a Socom Gear Noveske N4 with Npas. The problem I have is that I have 4 mags 1 works fantastic can adjust the Npas from 150 to 500fps without a problem. When I use the other mags it wont work, if I adjust the Npas to full it wont go over 300fps ! Any ideas all the mags as far as I know are WE mags. Hope someone can help !

maybe that one mag is a SCAR mag. i seem to recall that the scar mags have a very slight difference in the height of the gas seal rubber on the top. might be something to look into.

as for taking down the trigger pack:

pull part 66 out from the side being very careful to mind the spring, it likes to fly outta there. then remove the 2 screws holding down the valve knocker cover down. remove the cover by pulling straight up, then the knocker and spring, and the little plastic rod inside the spring. the only parts left inside the trigger pack will be the trigger components. they are all held in the pack by the pins they rotate on. simply push those pins out ( i found that using the pin that attaches the trigger pack to the lower receiver works perfectly for this). first remove the full auto sear, then the hammer, then the trigger.

re-assembly is a little trickier but if you take your time when you disassemble, and note how the springs are positioned you should be fine. i should also note that anyone with a WE who is not "technically minded" or who is maybe a little hesitant, you should know that these things are waaaaay simpler than AEGs, but that said you will probably have trouble working on it yourself if you cant visualize things in 3 dimensions. there are lots of little tricks that i learned on my own by taking the trigger pack down. i would write down them all out but i dont really have the time so i will just tell you one. re-installing the full-auto sear can be very frustrating because of the fact that the spring also wraps around the pin that keeps it in the trigger pack. the easiest way to reinstall this part is to place the spring where it should be in relation to the sear. hold it here with needle nose pliers while you take the "long" leg of the spring and pull it back, compressing it. then tuck it behind the lower arm of the sear. it will stay there as you re insert the assembly into the pack, still holding it with the pliers. then simply line up the holes and insert the pin. then reach in and push the spring off the arm. it will swing into position by the pressure of the spring.

check the rubber lip on them where the gas comes out. they may not be protruding as much as the good mag, and instead is leaking the pressure out the side.

My friends WE M4's bolt carrier doesn't cycle all the way back with his mag. He tries my WE SCAR mag and voila! His gun shot as it should...

Also, I found a little piece of shiny metal broken off from somewhere in the trigger assembly. Could this be a piece of part #66, and thus the reason my striker won't retract properly?

If it is broken (won't know until I takedown everything), what would you guys suggest as a viable replacement? The TSC set, or something else?

Thanks again for the help!

was this a tiny piece about the size of a grain of rice, maybe smaller?

if you stick your finger up through the magpull and press the firing pin upwards toward the top of the rifle, does it spring back down (ie, not rely on gravity)?

it sounds like the firing pin is broken, its not the bit that ratech upgrade in theirs, but the bit that goes with it.

its part 62 i believe, the bit that falls out is the piece that sits on top of the spring to return the pin to its position where it'll strike the valve.

was this a tiny piece about the size of a grain of rice, maybe smaller?

YES! And it appears to be broken off of something... or is that not true?

if you stick your finger up through the magpull and press the firing pin upwards toward the top of the rifle, does it spring back down (ie, not rely on gravity)?

YES!!!

it sounds like the firing pin is broken, its not the bit that ratech upgrade in theirs, but the bit that goes with it.

its part 62 i believe, the bit that falls out is the piece that sits on top of the spring to return the pin to its position where it'll strike the valve.

Ok, thanks! I'll take a look at this. Is there a replacement for it somewhere?

Edited by Torque

I have solved my double feeding problem for now. I've re-inserted my stock recoil spring instead of the winter type... works well again.

I'm going to check all of my mags though. Maybe there's a problem with the feeding lips on one of them...

i have a problem with my we m4, when i shoot my gun it would shoot like 1-2 rounds then when i press the trigger it wont shoot so i pull back on the hammer and somehow when i pull the hammer the gun would shoot without me pressing the trigger does anyone know why that happens and how i can fix it?

Have you made any upgrades? Do you have a white stabeliser?

i have a problem with my we m4, when i shoot my gun it would shoot like 1-2 rounds then when i press the trigger it wont shoot so i pull back on the hammer and somehow when i pull the hammer the gun would shoot without me pressing the trigger does anyone know why that happens and how i can fix it?

There'll be a white plastic collar on your bolt carrier, whip the bolt out and see if theres any stratching on this., its common enough for this piece to more forward and the hammer gets caught on it. Just make sure to slide it as far backwards towards the stock end as possible, then give it another go and see how it performs. :)

^^^^^^

It's not a problem with this part, my stock part is flawless, nothing broken off of it.

What else could it be?

That's part #62, rather an enhanced replacement of it. Look at part #66, the valve knocker disconnector. I suspect the broken off part is the small tab that part #66 has which engages against the hammer. It's the smaller of the two protruding tabs.

http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/index.php/Shop-by-Airsoft-Rifle-Type/M4-Airsoft-Guns/M4-Airsoft-Parts-and-Accessories/WE-M4-Spare-Part-66-Trigger-Pack-Part-A-Cutoff-Linkage.html

Yup...it looks like the SCAR mags fix a lot of the issues folks are having. My brother has ONLY SCAR mags and his gun cycles fantastic. Did a test and it won't lock back and has a lower FPS with either the Normal WE black mags or the 5KU mags. This is just too weird. So basically the 1/2 millimeter or so of rubber on the SCAR mags helps it cycle better, but what on the SCAR mag is helping them lock back better?

That's part #62, rather an enhanced replacement of it. Look at part #66, the valve knocker disconnector. I suspect the broken off part is the small tab that part #66 has which engages against the hammer. It's the smaller of the two protruding tabs.

http://www.airsoftou...ff-Linkage.html

Yup, renegade I'm pretty sure you are correct on it being the small piece of part #66 that is broken off. I won't be able to verify for sure until I strip the lower receiver down this week. I've got the replacements trigger pack parts on order from RA-Tech right now.

Thanks for everyone's help in troubleshooting this. I'm really hoping I can get my WE M4 stable, and be able to go beyond 500 rounds without a problem. Ugh.

On that note, has anyone heard anything yet on the KWA GBBR's?

Edited by Torque

Yup, renegade I'm pretty sure you are correct on it being the small piece of part #66 that is broken off. I won't be able to verify for sure until I strip the lower receiver down this week. I've got the replacements trigger pack parts on order from RA-Tech right now.

Thanks for everyone's help in troubleshooting this. I'm really hoping I can get my WE M4 stable, and be able to go beyond 500 rounds without a problem. Ugh.

On that note, has anyone heard anything yet on the KWA GBBR's?

I've only heard rumours about the KWA, nothing real....

About the trigger pack parts from RA-tech, are those the original trigger pack parts they sell or are those parts made by RA tech. If it's the latter could you give me a link to it, 'cause this would be incredible news....

Edited by Ian24

I've only heard rumours about the KWA, nothing real....

About the trigger pack parts from RA-tech, are those the original trigger pack parts they sell or are those parts made by RA tech. If it's the latter could you give me a link to it, 'cause this would be incredible news....

Sorry if I confused by saying 'trigger pack parts', I meant these made by RA Tech:

http://www.ratech.com.tw/store/product.php?id_product=388

http://www.ratech.com.tw/store/product.php?id_product=386