WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Could people owning and having installed the stinger hop up could post their setup up? It looks like I just can't find the best setup... currently I have the thick rubber + paper shim but living on an appartement makes it difficult to test it directly...

+1 on post above.

I've installed stinger, rubber and one paper shim, but can't get the hop to quite "bite" as it should with 0.28 and need to add moar shims. I live in a bit of a peculiar location and can only shoot outside like once a week. So, any info on how you guise have shimmed or done with the stinger set would be really appreciated.

I used the rubber, paper shim then I got some 200gsm card/paper and cut a tiny square approx 1.5mm x 1.5mm and placed that on top of the paper shim. It turned my stinger hop from completely useless to fairly good (although it is still no match for a standard TM AEG hop setup).

hello guys i'm so tired on searching in the forum so.......does anybody here experience a problem when the selector is on semi it shoots full auto( upgraded to a tsc steel trigger set hammer,sear and trigger)what are the solution?

thanks

Edited by alyaspogi

upgraded to a tsc steel trigger set hammer,sear and trigger

That's your problem. Plenty have experience the same with the TSC parts. The angles where the hammer and trigger meet are wrong and slip causing full auto. You have to file the surfaces correcting the angles to more acute ones. Whatever you do, don't decrease their length, just fix the angle.

That's your problem. Plenty have experience the same with the TSC parts. The angles where the hammer and trigger meet are wrong and slip causing full auto. You have to file the surfaces correcting the angles to more acute ones. Whatever you do, don't decrease their length, just fix the angle.

+1

Bought a set, 50€ right to the garbage bin <_<

If you want an upgraded trigger set, consider getting these http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=52_57_60&products_id=716 . They function right from the box, use the original metal sleeves tough since although the kit comes with two metal sleeves, they are both the small type that goes with the hammer, the trigger metal sleeve is a bit bigger/larger. It will function with the small metal sleeve on the trigger but since it is smaller it will move the sear forward/upwards just a mm and the trigger will get "stuck" on semi ( you'll have to push forward a bit the trigger to release it ) cause the sear will catch the hammer when you pull the trigger back and will not release it when you release the trigger.

I at first thought it was due to the sear/hammer and tried to file it to correct the problem, just when i ruined two perfect good parts, i found out that it was the metal sleeve that was causing that problem :unsure::D

Anyway,they are a bit expensive but i have 5 of them and they are all functioning correctly and don't show any significant wear even after a few thousands rounds on CO2 ;)

Yo folks, been on vacation

Quick question: has anyone gotten the mcmaster numbers for the various magazine O rings? (not the big square one)?

Have about 15 magazines I need to de-leak...

I'm posting this in all the WE GBBr topics let's say as a call for help. Do moind that the brass tube itself is the same for all the WE platform : I don't mind the brass tube even as a left-hander... the only thing that makes me disliking the brass tube is the bad hop up. I'm that unhappy with it that I even began "designing" my own... http://www.gasguns.i...php?f=55&t=3708 any input and idea's would come inhandy. If WE doesn't come with it, we will have to do it ourselfsrolleyes.gif

I just ordered my WE GBB M4. Could someone tell me briefly what parts i should replace with reinforced ones right in the beginning. I know i have to replace the Charging handle and the bolt catch, but what else?

I know i would probably find out what parts i should replace if i would read this whole topic, but i just don't have the time to read all the posts, forgive my laziness :unsure:

I'm posting this in all the WE GBBr topics let's say as a call for help. Do moind that the brass tube itself is the same for all the WE platform : I don't mind the brass tube even as a left-hander... the only thing that makes me disliking the brass tube is the bad hop up. I'm that unhappy with it that I even began "designing" my own... http://www.gasguns.i...php?f=55&t=3708 any input and idea's would come inhandy. If WE doesn't come with it, we will have to do it ourselfsrolleyes.gif

WE have a no brass conversion kit in the work. The PDW has already been released with the tube removed as far as i know (on ehobbyasia i believe)

James at WETTI has said several times that there WILL be conversion kits for the PDW, I have a few on order ATM, there is nothing official I am aware of regarding any other WE models (apart from the M14 but there is no conversion involved)

Talking to William at AirsoftBuddy, he believes WETTI will release the same open bolt system used in the new PDW as an upgrade to the existing M4/16 platform. No official word from WETTI though, or a release date, so could just be a rumor at this point, who knows...

WE have a no brass conversion kit in the work. The PDW has already been released with the tube removed as far as i know (on ehobbyasia i believe)

The only thing I would like to do is to modify the brass chamber so it can take AEG hop up rubber and barrel... especially for those who aren't interested in the open bolt business

Edited by Ian24

I know i have to replace the Charging handle and the bolt catch, but what else?

If you're really getting new stock, you might not need to replace anything for a while. They already come with the reinforced charging handle and bolt stop which were known to break easily on older rifles. If anything, I say you should get a spare 59 and 66 as these are parts they haven't touched yet which are still known to break in time. Things like a worn hammer and trigger you could actually sort out yourself with a file when it does happen, same as the bolt carrier getting rounded at the corner causing the bolt stop to slip.

About the no brass or "open bolt" conversion, I remember seeing a new magazine lip and rubber design needed for the installation as the original ones are curved to accommodate the cylindrical brass tube whereas the new one has to be flat like on typical GBB handguns as it requires the nozzle to slide on and off the surface of the mag.

Hi i need some help with my new hk 416. the gun works fine in general but when i fire semi it will only fire once after that i need to half move the selector to safe before i hear a click and it will fire again. it has no issues firing on auto. if anybody has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

Last week I stopped by Blowback Armory in Milpitas, CA. I had no idea that there was a dedicated WE shop in the U.S., let alone one in an area I worked in all the time! The guys there were really cool and pretty much know the WE GBBRs inside and out--they make their own valve assembly which looked great (couldn't get them to sell me one, they are currently all spoken for).

I picked up a Stinger hopup and a few misc. parts; along with a tip that the bolt assembly of my 1st gen WEM4 might be causing my problems with nozzle breakage. Does anyone have an old M4 with an upgraded bolt; or any thoughts on the old bolts being out of alignment? I thought that alignment had more to do with positioning of the valve rod.

Is the current bolt assembly in stock anywhere?

I picked up a Stinger hopup and a few misc. parts; along with a tip that the bolt assembly of my 1st gen WEM4 might be causing my problems with nozzle breakage. Does anyone have an old M4 with an upgraded bolt; or any thoughts on the old bolts being out of alignment? I thought that alignment had more to do with positioning of the valve rod.

Is the current bolt assembly in stock anywhere?

Did your nozzles break with propane or CO2 ? My old v1 still goes strong, i don't think the BCG could be misaligned or you would see it in the BCG itself and on the upper receiver internal walls/brass chamber, there would be metal dust everywhere and huge wear on them.

To me most nozzles breaking are due to part #117 and cause of that all my guns now have a modified part #117/#40.

a) Got me a spare part #117 ( M4 ) and removed some material from it. If you look inside that part you'll see that it's "ribbed", remove material just enough for the internal walls of it to be smooth. Test manually with a nozzle, you'll see that the nozzle slides with much less friction and goes in and out smoother.

I then used a cone shaped grinding bit as i found easier to give part #117 the shape you want with it, i even added a "crown" to the entrance of it so that the transition between part #117 and the entrance of the brass chamber would be smoother, if you look inside the brass chamber you'll see that there is a difference in height between those parts and if the nozzle isn't exactly aligned with it, it adds stress on the nozzle tip when it hits part #117 itself.

Just by doing this you'll notice that the BCG cycles smoother and there is much less resistance when the nozzles enters and exists part #117. But even with this mod i noticed that there was still some resistance and the BCG didn't cycled completely smooth in it's entire cycle, after watching and testing the complete system manually, it seems that in the middle of part #117, the last "rib" is a bit bigger than the rest ( where the very tip of the nozzle sits within part #117 ) and it "grips" the nozzle ( i believe it's made this way for maximum seal efficiency ).

B) What i did was ( since i didn't wanted to disassemble everything again ) was to remove part #40 ( the little transparent spacer on the guiding rod ) and make one myself from a softer material ( i used the silicone casing from an heavy duty electrical cable ) and make an equal spacer but 0.5mm/1mm shorter than the stock one. Comparing the system with the stock and modified spacer there isn't any accuracy/performance difference, the sheer momentum of the BCG pushes the BB the "lost" 1mm.

All my guns now run this mod and they function perfectly with a silk smooth BCG cycle. Since i have many extra nozzles i decided to run a simple longevity test with a mod BCG assembly vs a stock assembly on CO2. The stock nozzle broke within 300 CO2 rounds ( broke in half, the front section of the nozzle got stuck in part #117 and had to use pliers and quite a bit of force to remove it ), the modified setup still runs perfectly.

I'll try to post some pictures of it the following days to demonstrate exactly what i've made.