WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Ok, since edit was unpossible I'll have to mdo yet another post :P

How many of you gents/gentesess has bought CO2-magazines in the last like ... 4-6 months?

If so; please state so and tell me if they were leaky, if they developed leaks during this time etc etc.

I have a batch of CO2-magazines that has been perfect and still are. I have never have any issues with them, including leakage. The only external difference I can spot between these and all the other ones I've had in my hands are that the valve(cover, the part you unscrew to disassemble) has been made in stainless steel or similar instead of brass, like this; http://img686.imageshack.us/i/imag0020t.jpg/

Please share your experiences, I would love to hear that more recently produced magazines are better than the old ones ^_^

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Break100: without any other paper shimming except the ones u got in the bag/box?

yes, i used a shimming paper i got from the package. I ONLY use rubber, a 0.9mm plastic and a shimming paper, (don't forget to put you're steel bearing back), i didn't use other replacement parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone confirmed whether or not a real Magpul trigger guard and BAD lever will work for the WE M4 receiver?

Yes, they will both fit and work fine. I've tried several fixes for my bolt lockback issues (TSC bolt catch plates, new bolt release, shims) but at least now I can get it to lock back when I insert a fresh magazine by holding the BAD lever up.

IMG_20100708_182920.jpg

So how was it with the Stinger hop up kit, is it suitable for ver1 inner barrel or do I have to get a ver2 to go along with it? Or better yet, is there any news on AEG hop up?

Stinger hop up will fit the 2nd or latest gen inner similar to this one

RAG-WE-017S-1L.jpg

What Lube is everyone using on their metal to metal contacts?

Silicone grease is OK but when I've used it on the bolt it feels sticky and slow. Slip2000 EWL is the way to go--slicker than silicone oil and longer lasting than grease, plus dirt won't stick to it.

Silicone grease is OK but when I've used it on the bolt it feels sticky and slow. Slip2000 EWL is the way to go--slicker than silicone oil and longer lasting than grease, plus dirt won't stick to it.

Ive read elsewhere that using gun oil on a GBBR is a bad idea as it can ruin the seals.

Well, I figure this is the right place to ask. I'm pretty dead set on picking up a WE 416 (traded version). But I'm a little confused. There is a WE 416 on Ehobby that lists it as a "version 2" that says the following:

New Version 2 Feature

-- Steel made Nozzle

-- Dual O-Ring Sealing

-- Provide better performance of air sealing

WGC Shop's 416 doesnt mention anything about theirs being a "Version 2" or anything about a steel nozzle.

Are both 416s "Version 2"s? Or are there differences and revisions in the WE 416 line as well? And if there are, are these revisions just internal or external too? They are both the same price.

Sorry for the WE nubness, I just want to be sure I ahve all the facts before I buying the 416.

I've heard that too; not sure what it has to do with my post.

EWL isn't "gun oil".

What would you call it then?

Got myself a small bottle of normal Slip2000 and I must say Im impressed.

The action of my PDW is far smoother than when lubed with Dow33.

A few drops of the stuff goes a long way.

EDIT: In saying that, I still used dow33 on the nozzle and o-rings to be on the safe side.

Edited by Reppyboyo