WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

How are the V3 M4's holding up with constant Co2 use??

Stock ? They will chew themselves rapidly.

If you want to use Co2 without issues you'll have to do the following:

1) Buy an steel ( CWI or Ra-Tech ) trigger group

2) Buy the reinforced steel nozzle from Ra-Tech

3) Buy the reinforced Ra-Tech firing pin + valve knocker

4) Perform the mod as shown here, http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3911

My M16 has all these and after mora than 10k rounds of Co2 it still fully working without any part breaking :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Got a question about Stinger hop-up here. Based on your experiences, what weight of BBs work best with Stinger? I recently installed mine with a round rubber spacer and two plastic shims that came with the kit. Tested it with 0.3g BBs, but could not seem to generate any hop even with the adjuster turned all the way to the end. I'd tried 0.2g BBs after that but it was getting dark and I couldn't quite tell where they went... :-p... Any insights that you can share will be very much appreciated please...

Never got to install one in mine myself, but remembering from other people's experience, they add extra shims. And as any gas gun with a floating valve/npas system, use the heaviest bb's you're allowed at the site and comfortable in using. These guns don't follow the same fps curve with respect to bb weight like AEG's or NBB's; you'll find that your joules actually increase dramatically as you go with heavier rounds.

Just picked myself up a WE M4 CQBR and im a little confused. It came with a CO2 mag...im assuming it can also accept green gas mags right?

Also, how do i ascertain which version i have to order the correct NPAS kit, if it helps it has NO trades, white markings on th RIS and a LE stock. (Bought from eliteessex)

EDIT - just had another go with it and it fires a round AS i cock the gun and then nothing. It doesn't work if i cock it unloaded, place the mag in and then press the bolt release either, just get a click. Any help?

I've split the gun and the cocked the hammer and yes the little nub in the magwell does retract. It DOESN'T however retract when cocking the gun when it is all together, and cocking the gun feels very tough. Any assistance is great.

Edited by JColt

Can't edit....

What i meant on the last paragraph is that when cocked the gun just clicks and the nub in the magwell does not come back into the magwell UNLESS the receiver is split. Could there be something catching hence when i pull on the charging handle with the mag in its firing as something cant return into place?

This ONLY occurs when the rear pin is pushed in. If i hold the halves together with my hands the nub pops out fine (and using the gun it cycles perfectly, bolt locks back on empty etc), the second i place the pin in...it doesn't work.

Edited by JColt

That's what i assumed but it's one of those impossible problems as you can't see whats going on inside when the reciever halves are closed.

Ah well, the shop said they'll fix or replace it and if an NPAS kit can be obtained before the work is done they'll fit it for me free of charge :D

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been over a year since I've owned a WE M4. I'm looking to sell my GHK AK and re build my GBB M16 kit. Does anyone have information on how the WE M16 series has improved since the V3 release? Are there still magazing leaking issues? Is the WE still worth buying or are there better replicas now?

It's also worth noting that I will be playing in Japan, so I need to keep it under 320 FPS.

The new mags are leak free. So as long as what you get is new stock then you're good. 134a which is the only gas you could get in Japan should be enough to lower the output within limits, but your recoil and rof will be less so you might want to put in a lighter recoil spring. As for worthiness, it will always come into debate. The VFC and G&P WOC-X come close to the WE price range and the AGM and JG are even cheaper. But they're of the WA system so it boils down to which one you're more comfortable in using.

I live on a US Military base so I have access to propane. My experience with the WE system hasnt been great, between mag leak issues, bolt not locking back and full auto not being a viable option. So you're telling me its better at this point?

The question I forgot to ask is about a three round burst adaptor. I'd like to get it as close to my current service weapon (M16A4) as humanly possible, are there any decent burst kits for the WE out, or just the G and P?

If you're going to use propane, you'd need to restrict the valve yourself (several DIY methods exist) or get one of the aftermarket adjustable nozzles. Leaks have been resolved, bolt lock could still be an issue. While the bolt stop lever is already of a higher grade steel, there's still the occurrence of the bolt carrier eventually getting worn out. This is fixed by filing the ledge where the bolt stop locks. Some have gone as far as welding a piece of higher grade steel on the area as a more permanent fix. The 3 round burst can't be helped as it's not available for the WE. RA-Tech make one for the WA platform and a cheaper ACM copy exists but haven't read on reliability of either. If the burst function is crucial for you, then you have no choice but go with a WA system.

Yea the mag leaking issue has mostly been resolved on the newer WE models but not 100%.

There are many threads on how to fix the leaky mag issue if u run into the problem.

If ur gonna run Propane then u would have to pick up a NPAS in order to keep ur FPS within regulation for fields.

Personally i love WE rifles and have no problem saying so.

Unfortunately like cow stated there is no 3 round burst kit currently available for WE but ya never know what the future can hold.

Id recommend going with another WE because im a huge fan and prefer their rifles, but to each his own.

Well nobody can give an 100% guarantee that the mags will come leak free, but last time i ordered 5 M4 mags they ALL came leak free and still are leak free. You CAN get a lemon but they're light years away from the first generation of mags.

I still have 2 first gen m4 mags, one surprisingly enough is the best mag i have the other well .... it was blown to pieces and made some booboos in me :flamed:

Edited by danielsilva

OUCH! I'm starting to worry about my stack of early GG mags; were you using funny propellant or did you leave it in a hot car maybe?

I've read most of the mag sealing articles, but I still have no idea how to fix four of mine that leak from the top main seal.

The only way to get 100% is to buy from a physical store and make them test each mag before you buy it, or at least find a shop that will let you exchange leaky mags.

I just got my 3rd NPAS in the mail from Ehobby; there are sharp steel shavings protruding from the inner edges of the valve that I'll be sure to remove before use. It's the newer 4-spoke version, so here's hoping that it can last through Saturday's game without snapping (I've broke a stock CO2 nozzle, a 3-spoke CO2 NPAS, and a black TSC nozzle in this gun). I've recently replaced all the O-rings and reshaped the barrel seal; it's cycling smoother than it ever has.

V3 lower, bolt carrier, selector switch, charging handle, bolt catch, and nozzle kit on V1 M4

RA-Tech NPAS, inner barrel, trigger, firing pin, Stinger hopup

TSC sear, hammer, bolt catch plates, part #66, outer firing pin assembly

SDC10918.JPG

I need to eat a little crow regarding Slip2000 EWL; it WAS recommended to me by the guys at BBA and it did exactly as the manufacturer claimed: it's awesome smooth high-performance long-lasting dirt-repelling lube. OTOH one day my M4 started bogging down, and when I took it apart the funky o-ring on the guide rod was noticeably larger than the fresh one I had in my bag of spares. DO NOT use it near rubber seals unless you want them to swell up like balloons.

I wonder if THAT would fix my leaky mags?

OUCH! I'm starting to worry about my stack of early GG mags; were you using funny propellant or did you leave it in a hot car maybe?

I was using Guarder Powerful Gas ( which looking at my chrono readings puts it at the same power as ET-1600 ). One minute i was filling the mag the other i had my ears buzzing and had mag bits EVERYWHERE! :D:yikes: Which of course made me check if i had all my body parts in the same place as before :lol:

I posted this before but ...

img0029kp.jpg

So if you have a Gen 1 mag, DO NOT fill with anything stronger than Green Gas :D

I make extensive use of CO2 on my M16 ( either from the mags or from external rig ) and my 4 prong Ra-Tech valve with the tip sanded and with the rubber seal mod, is still working after many thousand rounds.

Edited by danielsilva