WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I understand your line of thought but i don't see how not releasing one product is "letting their consumers down" and this is coming from someone who has 3 M4/M16s waiting for said product.

As soon as i get my M16 OB i'll be checking what parts changed and if the internal really are interchangeable with the old receivers.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hmm question,

RA-T video of the custom M16a1 Open Chamber say they include the iHop system.... My question is, does that means the Open Chamber still uses that crappy hopup system from the brass tube? I thought WE is going to standardize the Hopup much like they did for trigger system.

Nope, OB kit uses a new hopup system.

I have a question too - if the WE mag's cooldown issues are caused by the mag innards/outside being all metal, would getting one of those Andax Tangodown mag kits help with cooldown?

It would reduce the cool-down a bit, however, when the magazine is cooled, it's also harder to warm it back up.

The best way would've been if they use a double expansion chamber system much like the KJW or WE G36 series.

Nope, OB kit uses a new hopup system.

I have a question too - if the WE mag's cooldown issues are caused by the mag innards/outside being all metal, would getting one of those Andax Tangodown mag kits help with cooldown?

ive had great success with my TD ARC mags, IMO, they certainly help . well worth the money.

Been reading a bit in this thread (not all of it though) and really thinking about getting one of the CO2 versions but have a few questions:

1: I've seen a few places that it should shoot around 400-450fps or maybe even higher, is there a way to lower this on the CO2 version?

2: How well does AEG parts fit on it? I'll be wanting to make it into an L119A1 so wanna know if the PerrMike barrel extenders will fit on it along with stocks and the like.

3: Having never tried CO2 powered softguns, how do they run in winter/really cold weather? is there a big change like with gas?

Thanks in advance.

Are you able to fire an entire magazine on full auto without significant issues to ROF?

Yes, although thats not my usual style of play, i did let off 4 full mags on full auto as quick as i could at my last milsim event with no issues, we were being overrun lol.

Reppyboyo,

not sure on that one mate, they dont fit in my mates PDW, they would need work.

Fit in my M4 snug and Scar (what they were designed for) perfectly.

Edited by Jimmypie

mg0006e.jpg

Yeeeey it arrived !!

First of all let me just say that what i'll post now is just my first impressions, opinions and quick "facts" that i found during my initial "inspection" and by no means is a in depth review. Now that we've put that out in the open .... FUCLKGIUGNG FINALLY !!

The first thing you notice when picking it up from the box is how damn light the thing is :o I was surprised to see how light it is compared to my old M16 AWSS, so i picked one of my AWSS M4's ( vanilla ) and compared the two on a scale. Surprise surprise, the M16VN weighted the same as the much shorter M4 that didn't have any trigger group installed and has a partly steel outer barrel ( compared to the M16VN that came with a potmetal *?* one ).

The weight of it surprised me a lot and how flimsy the receiver looked/felt to the touch ... even the old AWSS felt "beefier" and found myself a bit disappointed while i was comparing the old AWSS receiver to the receiver found on the M16. But after i cooled down and the "omfg moment" dissipated i put some thought to it and couldn't find a reason why the new receiver was so much lighter than the crappy AWSS v1 receiver and decided to give one for the team and went to get a x-acto. I scraped the old AWSS receiver and saw a dull grey colour denoting that it was the zinc alloy i was expecting, i then did the same to the new receiver and gladly found a very bright shiny grey, this means of course that the receiver is actually mostly aluminium !

But since that now the BCG, charging handle, outer barrel and and how there's no steel parts on a removable carrying handle allied with such a lightweight aluminium upper receiver, you can't shake off that feeling of "how can this be so lightweight and still be strong enough not to brake as soon as i play with it ?!?". It's still a aluminium cast tough but fortunately the outer finish is almost perfect without any blemishes, cast marks and the surface is VERY smooth. Tt has a very shiny finish though ... it is the totally opposite of my old AFC dull grey AWSS receiver.

I can only see two differences in the lower receiver, the new bolt stop and that the auto sear is a couple of mm shorter ( and it looks like it is just an old AWSS sear that was filled down to spec ) and all other dimensions appear to be the same but i'll have to disassemble it first to be sure.

The steel parts appear to be:

• Charging Handle Latch
  • Delta Ring
  • Takedown Pins
  • Flashider
  • Bolt Stop

The rest is a mix of potmetal, aluminium and plastic. Now the really bad part of this gun ... the plastic used on the handguards are ######, pure stinking ######. It looks like they made them out of plastic bags that were melted down and formed into the shape of handguards. And of course, since the material is balls and the fact that the gun came disassembled in 2 parts, my handguard set came obliterated from the transport :lol:

The BCG although being potmetal actually appears to be able to last quite a while ! Unlike the ###### poor attempted of reinforcing the potmetal carrier on the g39/SCAR with a tiny cube of steel, the AR carrier has a long strip of steel that goes from the bottom of the carrier right until to the middle of it, being surrounded with the rest of the carrier and only a small part of it actually interfaces with the bolt stop, not only that but the reinforced part of the carrier is a just a tiny bit larger than the rest of the carrier. But only time will tell how long the original carrier will last, although Ra-Tech already has a steel bcg in the works.

And now the interesting part ... how does it shoot ? Beautifully ... i just gassed up the mag, put some .25g BB's on it and went shooting on the usual spot. In the first couple of mags there were a few flyers ( the hop up came DRENCHED in silicone oil ) but after that the thing was shooting laser straight with .25g BB's and easily passing the 70m mark ( where i shoot i have a measured landmark at 80m and the BB's were falling very short of it ). This is how the WE M4 should have been made from day 1 !!

The 20 round VN magazine really is a one piece design, there's no shell ! It comes leak free though and handled 30ºC propane just fine, it cools down like crazy and even with on this weather became VERY cold to the touch after fully dumping the mag. Surprisingly though it didn't have any measurable effect on the performance and the gun performed flawlessly without any hiccups :eh: But only time will tell if this is a problem or not, it's so hot outside that even a really cold mag might not do any "damage".

I'll be taking a few nice pictures of it during the weekend and if time allows, i will try to transplant the internal bit into my old AFC receiver and see what changed, what is compatible and what isn't. Stay tuned :wave:

PS:

Pardon me if you find some typos and/or grammatical errors but it's 23h into the night and i'm of course tired from work :lol:

PS v2:

As soon as i get a nice batch of purty pictures i'll make a separate thread and do a more in depth review, unless the mods think otherwise ?

Just a note on the foregrips of the M16-A1 ,theyare identical to the real ones we compared them to. same plastic and same seam lines . I would go as far as to say they didn't make any of their own and instead decided to buy a load of real foregrips . Even the heat sheild is identical .

Just a note on the foregrips of the M16-A1 ,theyare identical to the real ones we compared them to. same plastic and same seam lines . I would go as far as to say they didn't make any of their own and instead decided to buy a load of real foregrips . Even the heat sheild is identical .

That's good to know and geez ... they had quite the poor plastics back then :P

Edited by danielsilva

oh, just found it over at the ra-tech site. my google fu must be at a bbq party somewhere

might order some extra "loading nozzles" so i can try modifying like the guides for pdw and M14.

oh, and the NPAS itself :)