WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Just ordered the open chamber CQBR from airsoft global, came to about £240 shipped, and got the NPAS on the way from tactical quarter master. TQM say they'll start having the open bolt ARs in a couple of weeks, at around £300.

Also, do we think it's worth starting a new thread for the Open chamber ARs? I have to say it, this thread is incredibly bloated...

And yeeeeeeeeeey ... not even a thousand rounds and the damn thing is already borked <_<

As of now i have no auto on my M16, i mean ... i do have auto but it's completely useless. After checking and rebuilding the damn rifle trying to fix the issue to no avail, i noticed something strange on the carrier and voilá ! The spot where the carrier first meets with the hammer not only is it dinged, it's completely obliterated! It's like a freakin crater.

So now i'm stuck with semi because the hammer just gets stuck in there and makes full auto completely unreliable. POS ... <_<

That sucks danielsilva; *fruitcage* WE and their *fruitcage*ing pot metal.

Thanks for the heads up; their site is a complete disaster but I was eventually able to place an order as a guest (registration wasn't working); I was sent to Paypal by the site to pay for my goods, and received an email request for the shipping fee twenty minutes later. FYI it was $32 for EMS to the USA for one $75 kit, I wasn't given an airmail option.

So besides the mag kits I still need an open bolt CQBR barrel; is there another option besides RAtech?

So what is it doing under auto?

Sticking completely or just stuttering?

It's like it's getting caught up on something, it either stutters slowly, vents all gas or doesn't reset the trigger. The only reason i'm giving it another chance is because in semi the *badgeress* functions normally, with huge range and very good precision ( considering it's using the stock barrel ).

I just ordered a new set of nozzles to see if that fixes the problem. If anything i'll make a semi only dmr out of it <_<

Edited by danielsilva

Just picked up the CQBR version of the WE M4 a few hours ago and wow! only fired about a mags worth of shots but I'm sold.

I do have some questions though, since I'm not that familiar with this type of rifle:

1: Is it harmfull for the mags and/or the rifle if filled CO2 canisters are left in the mags?

2: Will AEG parts be able to fit on it? I'm mostly worried about grips since I wanna fit a large guarder grip on it (part of turning it into an L119) but not sure if it'll fit.

Checked the trigger parts for any breakages?

Might be worth checking the valve knocker and delayer.

Just for good measure i tried replacing every part with either original spare parts and/or upgraded parts, even made a few extra bolt stops and auto sears. Yes it's possible to make open bolt bolt stops and auto sears, they're both old stock which was filled down to spec.

Funny thing is that if i plug the end of the barrel with my finger, there is still enough pressure to trigger the blowback in semi but if i switch to auto it instantly fails. There's definitely something wrong with the auto function .... just can't figure what at this point.

Bjerhof: nope. Grips are RS measurements and fastnend in the same way. On my tr00h Lone star ordnance stow away grip you'd have to drill a small hole for the fire selector click-dent-spring and that's it. Trying to fit an AEG G&P grip will take u quite some modding and I'm not sure it will ever end well tbh :)

All other non-RS accessories with RS dimensions will fit too. Tried both KAC-RAS and G&P and it fits like papa's in mama's :)

btw; semi-recent pic of my WE L119 ^_^

IMAG0045.jpg?m=1299166862

some real grips;

IMAG0038.jpg?m=1299166859

more recent with supressor;

https://www.dropbox.com/photoshow/L119A1%20Shorty/IMAG0492.jpg#gallery:14

Still can't wait for the open bolt kit to get here >_<

Edited by Bamse

My open bolt M4 kit is already in LA customs--BB Dragon is legit for sure. Of course they listed the CQBR kit I needed moments after mine shipped. Still looking for a source for the short inner barrel and mag conversion kits.

My open bolt M4 kit is already in LA customs--BB Dragon is legit for sure. Of course they listed the CQBR kit I needed moments after mine shipped. Still looking for a source for the short inner barrel and mag conversion kits.

Ra-tech ? I just bought a CQBR inner and some mag kits from them.

Edited by danielsilva

That's cool, I was mostly just curious if their "also fits AEG" barrels worked in the WE M4. And about the issues you're having with your gun--did you use a steel upgraded hammer from your old closed bolt gun? The roller in the open bolt hammer is narrower than the original, and offset slightly to one side.

The open bolt M4 kit from BBDragon showed up today; there is a two inch metal rod and a tiny bit of rubber in the kit that I'm not sure what to do with, but otherwise it went together nicely.

That's cool, I was mostly just curious if their "also fits AEG" barrels worked in the WE M4. And about the issues you're having with your gun--did you use a steel upgraded hammer from your old closed bolt gun? The roller in the open bolt hammer is narrower than the original, and offset slightly to one side.

I did try and see if the old parts would fit the new receiver but after that i went back to the original trigger group. And the hammer that came with my OB M16 is exactly the same as the old one :blink:

The open bolt M4 kit from BBDragon showed up today; there is a two inch metal rod and a tiny bit of rubber in the kit that I'm not sure what to do with, but otherwise it went together nicely.

Care to share pics ?

my m4 ob kit arrived! the metal rod is a tool to push the hammer pin out. also i dont have the rubber piece you mentioned.

i have installed the kit and it recoils a little more than the CB system, rps is a bit higher also.

thing is the hop is hard to set, the grub screw is also hard to reach. the bb alternates from shooting straight then shooting low. it also sometimes over hops. its pretty depressing to see such results.

any of you guys experience the same thing? do you have any idea on how to fix it?

ei dan i recall you also experienced flight inconsistency before. so does centering the barrel and adding plumbers tape fixed it? or you replaced some parts?

tia

Yes like i said in the M16VN thread, my inner barrel was REALLY wobbly and was literally freely rotating in the hopup unit causing inconsistencies ( and i know at least another user on GGi that experienced the same).

Now that you mention it, i did have that problem but the issue was so easy to fix that i actually completely forgot about it :P I just took the thing down and wrapped the inner barrel in teflon tape. The inner barrel is now tight and snugly and the inconsistency went completely away :)