WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I experienced issues with my hop on my M16-A1. the first couple of shots the hop was fine but after a burst or more single shots the hop started having no effect .

I shaved of about half a mm off the front of the nozzle . This seems to have solved the issue as it appears the nozzle was forcing the BB past the hop nub when it returned to battery under recoil

I experienced issues with my hop on my M16-A1. the first couple of shots the hop was fine but after a burst or more single shots the hop started having no effect .

I shaved of about half a mm off the front of the nozzle . This seems to have solved the issue as it appears the nozzle was forcing the BB past the hop nub when it returned to battery under recoil

Yup that's it, http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/frogman-myblog/article?mid=10305 :)

After finally been able to test the damn thing after I installed my OB-kit on my M4 I really just have to say; wow.

Straight as an arrow and quite awesome reach. After setting sighs I'm able to get repeated multiple hits on 70m, with like one flyer/dipper out of 15-20 shots.

But (there's always a goddamn but with WE it seems ;PPP), suddenly I'm only able to get like 25 shots out of a CO2 capsule ... not even one goddamn magazine :/ With CB-kit I could often get two magazines worth of pewpew per capsule and even tho OB seems a bit more thirsty for propellant this is ridiculous ;P

The ROF is quite slower compared when it had the CB-kit, and it's almost as if the bolt has some trouble seating in it's forward position when the nozzle travels over the magazine seal.

Any tips&tricks here? ^_^

I noticed the same thing with CO2--every mag still had rounds left when the capsule was empty when I used to get two full loads with gas left over. Thought it was just the last of my mags springing leaks.

I'm also seeing far more fliers on auto.

okay, so im still having a hard time setting my hop. either it overhops or there is no hop at all. its up to a point that the bbs just dribble out of the barrel when i point the rifle towrds the ground. my theory is that the arm doesnt go up or reset to its off position. so you screw the grub in till you get hop then when it overhops a little and you turn the screw outwards the arm is still pushing down.

unlike in the g36 or pdw the hop dial has a slot where the arm goes in so when you turn the dial off the arm goes with it. or in the WA platform there is a spring that pushes the arm to counter the hop dial.

the ob hop assembly has very little space for a spring mod. was thinking of making a new arm that can accomodate a tiny spring which pushes the arm to off position.

for those who are having problems what do you guys think what causes it?

also after a few mags my rifle will purge some gas out the ejection port. when it does that the bb just spits infront of me. i managed to fix it by adding more lube but i refuse to accept that problem since my g36c doesnt do that at all. im a bit ###### of my m4 now and is clueless on how to fix it.

i dont think its an issue with gas and bbs i use cause i took out my g36, loaded it with the same gas and bbs and it fired well.

oh and btw i already did the mod, i shortened the nozzle a bit and it didnt improved anything.

you may find there is an extra oring on the hop arm which is causing it to stick mate

thanks mate! but i believe i was the first one here to discover that extra oring. :) i left one oring in it and i also checked the pressure the oring gave to the arm. even compared it to my g36's arm. they have about the same tension. so i think its not the oring the causes the sticking. but still thanks for the suggestion and i badly need a few more suggestions cause my rifle is driving me nuts already.

I'll take some pictures in the daylight tomorrow if you still need them.

But in words, there is a pin about halfway down the bolt, push it out from the ridged side - this is what holds in the return spring.

The guide on the left of the bolt just lifts out.

Unscrew the latch thingy on the top (the flat head screw) and then take out the guide from beneath that, then the loading nozzle will slide out as the guides aren't holding it in any more.

Then there is a tiny little pin that holds the two halves of the loading nozzle together, and the other end of the return spring, push that out, it doesn't take much force, then pull the two halves apart.

Whole process takes maybe five minutes.

Apologies if anything doesn't make sense, sleep deprivation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I was having fun with my WE Colt M4 CQB-R Open Bolt but now I'm having some issues icon_e_sad.gif

Every 20 rounds or so BB's get crushed and the bolt can't seat fully because BB's debris clog the fake bolt locking slots around the chamber. I've never had this issue before with my G39 using the same brand of BB's ( 0.25 Goldenballs ).

I think that the cause is how the magazine ( original ) fits in the new OB lower receiver, it has a lot of play back and forth so the magazine tilts a little bit against the chamber not giving an horizontal interface or somehow it gives a non ideal alignment with the chamber's feeding ramp ( my old 4168 had a very tight magazine fit maybe these new OB guns have indeed new molds ). The magazine lips have marks of the feeding ramp hitting it, so this may be a sign. I haven't seen in the forums something like this, if somebody knows anything about it I'll thank your feedback...