WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I had this problem when I first skirmished it. It turned out it was the recoil buffer detent pin (or whatever its called) had unscrewed and was causing cycling issues, and occasionally a BB jammed as you describe.

Otherwise, you might try shimming the magazine so the inner sits a bit higher in the shell (0.5-1mm). I did this by using some card shims underneath between the shell and inner magazine, when they screw into each other in the base (or a washer would do, perhaps). I'd take a picture and show you, but I sold my M4 ;) This helped my feeding issues and improved the reliability of the bolt lock.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I had this problem when I first skirmished it. It turned out it was the recoil buffer detent pin (or whatever its called) had unscrewed and was causing cycling issues, and occasionally a BB jammed as you describe.

Otherwise, you might try shimming the magazine so the inner sits a bit higher in the shell (0.5-1mm). I did this by using some card shims underneath between the shell and inner magazine, when they screw into each other in the base (or a washer would do, perhaps). I'd take a picture and show you, but I sold my M4 ;) This helped my feeding issues and improved the reliability of the bolt lock.

Hope that helps.

Thanks mate, I'll try that ASAP

Which type of stock (or buffer tube) will fit the WEs? Just an ordinary AEG one?

EDIT: I'm a complete gun noob. What I want to do is to fit one of those old style M4 stocks seen on SFWs (http://www.uncompany.com/images/part-mu-m4-stock-4pos-set_big.jpg).

What modification would that entail? Can I buy a random AEG stock and fit it on the original WE tube? Alternatively, can I get a random AEG stock+tube and fit the tube on the WE reciever?

Thanks

Edited by Corrigan

Last night I trying to adjust my hop in the backyard and something new started happening on my OB HK416. I was able to put the selector in the SAFE position when hammer was down. I remember reading of others having this problem but I can't seem to find the posts explaining the fix. I searched this thread for 'safe' but couldn't find any relevant posts.

Any suggestions?

It's to do with the hammer contact surface getting worn down. When the hammer is down it pushes against the trigger blocking the selector from turning to "safe". As the hammer gets worn out, the trigger sits higher and higher up with the hammer down until the trigger doesn't get pushed down enough to block the selector anymore. Not a big problem really, but its a sign of the eventual uncontrollable burst fire of the hammer assembly. To fix it you either replace it with a steel hammer/trigger/disconnector set or reinforce the hammer surface by screwing on a steel piece in its place.

Edited by renegadecow

Hey guys! New to this GBB "species" and planning to get a WE M4A1 Open-Chamber GBBR

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=WE-GBR-M4A1OB&search=searchItem&rs=open%20chamber&catid=&cat=

and play it on CO2. Does anyone own this model and could share some impressions?

Can't seem to find too many upgrade parts for it though (as opposed to those built on WA platforms). I'd be especially interested in a steel trigger group (similar to that by Ratech, so to avoid as long as possible issues like the one L2E described above), precision barrel (possibly of about 14.5" - can't find the actual length), and a reliable hop-up chamber/rubber. If anyone could point out some directions... much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by sioux

Just got myself a WE M4 CQBR OB (full markings) and I have one immidiate question. The dust cover won't stay closed when the bolt is in the forward position, I can make it sit in there but as soon as I move the gun, like, just angle it a little bit, it pops open again. The problem does not exist when the bolt is locked back. Google suggested this might be a common problem but I found no solution, also nothing in this thread. One idea would be to file off a slight amount of material on the dust cover pin housing, I think it's slightly too large.

Also, I just have to do a shout out to AirsoftGlobal, absolutely incredible. They got the gun to me (Sweden) from HK in one day... ONE DAY! As in, I ordered on the 30th, and I had it on the 31st. Also, they followed my instructions perfectly, and they had marked down the package (unknown to me) so I didn't have to pay import duties. Highly recommended!

Also, on another note in regards to the WE M4. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get PMAG shells, either finished/fitted for WE M4 magazines or new ones that I can modify myself ? Would appreciate places within Europe as I believe USA has an export rule agains full cap magazines.

Edited by NonEx

Sorry, me again, post above locked for edit. Does anyone have a HQ scan of the exploded view for the WE M4 CQBR OB ? Didnt get a manual with mine and WEs website pic is too small... :-(

Got MAGPUL parts coming in and need some referense before i tear this appart.

Here is a pretty basic exploded diagram of the WE M4, unfortunately a Gen 1 brass tube version, but it should suffice:

basic"]http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/rifle-manual

Great to hear about the import tax, although illegal...

As far as the dust-cover is concerned, I've never experienced that problem with any of my three WE guns. Maybe you should just buy a new dust cover and replace it? It might have been damaged, or be a lemon part.

As far as PMAG's are concerned, they do not exist for the WE platform yet, nor have I heard any plans for any PMAG's. You'll have to make your own from scratch if you want them badly. So practice your Google-fu, young grasshopper.

Edited by MODDAN

Hi peeps - hopefully someone can help me. I've lost track of where everything is with these GBBRs now!!

I have a WE M16 Co2 version that I purchased in 2009. Its been sat on top of my wardrobe as good as new since then! I'd like to get hold of a NPAS for it - can anyone suggest the best place nowadays to order from?

Would mine be a version 1 or 2 and how can I check?

It really has been long enough for me to forget most of what I knew about these!!

Many thanks

They don't have real version numbers, but a CO2 gun wouldn't be V1. Get yourself an open bolt kit first.

Figured out I need the V2 NPAS as its a CO2 gun. Whats the advantage of the open bolt kit? To be honest I'm looking to sell the rifle so not too bothered about spending loads on it - just thought with the NPAS it would be easier to sell.

Edited by TrooperX

Does anyone here have the RA-Tech Steel Bolt Carrier installed?

I got my custom RA-T WE M4, they didnt install it, I tried (installing nozzle was easy) but when I close the receiver, I can't pull the bolt back using charging handle for some reason. Anyone know the fix for this?

I took down the stock, it didn't make a difference

I took down the nozzle, it didn't make a difference

I tried adjusting the height of the buffer retainer, didn't make a difference

Removing the gas key and nozzle did allow the bolt carrier to be cycle

You know what RA-tech is not that great, they make some good parts and some really *suitcase* parts, If you got a WE OB gun with RAT upgrades installed you will need to replace the RAT Valve Locker or your gun will not work, RAT seems to have a good few of thise in stock and are more then happy to take your money and install them even if it makes then gun work like ######.

I have also seen RAT firing pin base with springs so hard the inserting a mag will open the walve and fire a shot.

And don't get me started on the RAT barrels for the CB system.

My point is only use RAT when you have parts failing, they are replacements not upgrades.

You know what RA-tech is not that great, they make some good parts and some really *suitcase* parts, If you got a WE OB gun with RAT upgrades installed you will need to replace the RAT Valve Locker or your gun will not work, RAT seems to have a good few of thise in stock and are more then happy to take your money and install them even if it makes then gun work like ######.

I have also seen RAT firing pin base with springs so hard the inserting a mag will open the walve and fire a shot.

And don't get me started on the RAT barrels for the CB system.

My point is only use RAT when you have parts failing, they are replacements not upgrades.

You didnt even answer my question. All you did was bashing RA-Tech. My problem is the bolt carrier, I suspect is the gas key. for the incompatibility. I'll be asking them when their holiday is over.