WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Fun factor has always been there.

The Open bolt series is fairly reliable though.

Trigger pack will eventually go but there are plenty of upgrades/spares about.

30rd m4 mags are still a pain in the *albatross* but the shorty mags are solid.

Thanks Reppyboyo I went ahead and ordered the rifle and 4-spare mags. Evike had a coupon code for 18% off my order, which indicated to me that the choice to order was almost to good to be true...so I hit the send button. I won't get the rifle till sometime next week, so now the waiting...

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Do you guys know if theres any video on how to adjust the hop up on the open bolt WE M4s or any detailed explanation on how to do it?

I heard its pretty difficult so dont want to mess anything up. Any help would be great. Thanks!

If not maybe one of you WE experts should make a youtube video of it. I Know I'm not the only one asking about it.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

I have an RA tech NPAS in the little hole. Does that change how it ajusts?

I'm not sure how your logic works,

NPAS is a flute valve, it sits in the nozzle.

last time I check, nozzle must be able to seperate from the hopup chamber so that bb can be insert into the barrel.

I think that answers your question

yes, NPAS has nothing to do with the adjustability ot hopup

• Like 1

I'm not sure how your logic works,

NPAS is a flute valve, it sits in the nozzle.

last time I check, nozzle must be able to seperate from the hopup chamber so that bb can be insert into the barrel.

I think that answers your question

No, this did not answer his question, it was useless...

yes, NPAS has nothing to do with the adjustability ot hopup

This response directly answered his question...

No, this did not answer his question, it was useless...

This response directly answered his question...

I was trying to tell him that he ask a pretty simple question that most should figure it out by logic...and for those who drank to much alcohol the bottom line is there for them.

Attention WE users:

I am working on a project with a fellow machinist to start producing some higher quality reinforced parts for the WE gbbr series. In order for this project to get started we really need your input, ideas, and support. As of right now we have a slightly modified and stronger metal part #59 for the m4 based trigger units all laid out , but we need your interest to finally get it going and for these high end pieces to start being produced. Please PM me if you would be interested in such a part

Also please post or PM me with other parts you WE users would like to be made. I know Ra-tech and CWI have come out with a few upgraded parts, but have heard mixed reviews on them, so I would really like to know from you what changes need to be made and exactly what parts specifically would you like to be reinforced and produced. For starters we are only looking at putting together some of the smaller parts, so sadly no complete bolts will be on our schedule, but maybe with your support and ideas you can help that become possible sometime down the road.

Thanks,

COBB

• Like 2

As my M16A3 is out for delivery today, I am trying to think of everything I need to do first before I start loading and shooting; I have read many different variants of maintenance methods for the various WE platforms, and although the methods use different brands or lubes and cleaners, they all seem to follow a basic principle...maintain, maintain and maintain. Do any of you have a link to a tried and true maintenance procedure that is known to be an excellent care guide for WE gas blow backs?

I'm looking forward to disecting every piece and cleaning and lubing it all back together...

I took my M16A3 and chrono'd it yesterday. There was planty of facts to consider, as well as notable issues. Here is video of the chrono test session:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS72b37u3UI&feature=channel_video_title

...and here is a short video of a concern I have with the bolt carrier group:

http://youtu.be/PXLmF8kGju0

Can I please get some feedback on the BCG concern?

regarding the bcg "issue" some say that its better to sand it down so it doesnt catch while it is retracting. but for me its better to leave it as it is cause its a sign that there is a good tight seal between the nozzle and the hop rubber thus making sure that you dont have air leaks. no air leaks means all gas is going to the barrel.

The mag that came with my WE SCAR leaks. I mentioned it to a retailer & he recommended a dip test.Take the outer cover off the magazine & dip the whole magazine under water & look for the bubbles{incidently i haven't got round to doing that yet as i bought CO2 mags off him}.I did strip my mag to have a look at it before testing & was surprised to find that the whole of the spine side of the mag is removable & held in by screws.Apparently there's a large O ring inside which is very easy to put in wrong.It was recommended that i grease the O ring before putting the mag back together,test it & repeat the process if it still leaked.I was under the impression that it was the top valve that was leaking & i haven't found out one way or another at the moment.I'll have to give that a go tomorrow.

I ve had many leaks from m4 mag. Mostly from the main seal

,Not only that there is more chance of leakage but also orings

Are very prone to splitting up( epic Design fail.rlly). So I developed my

Own way to remedy this problem.

Instead of ordering the same oring as a replacement.

Buy a proper industrial orings of 2 mm diameters (they r sold in metres

In my country)replace the old 1 with those, cause they r

MUCH tougher add some lube and its all set. Mine have had no

Single leak since then. U can also try some mods, (there are plenty of em)

, Gd luck

i also use those big orings too. its a bit hard to install at first cause youre pretty much trying to put a round thing in a square canal. i switched back to the stock ones cause the round orings are too thick and is causing the backplate to bend outwards.

theoutlier,

can you give me the exact oring size you are using?

tia!

DRAGON64, the back of the plastic nozzel part has a O-ring on it, the BCG sits like a cap on that, then you fill the cap with expanding gas, and the nozzel can't go forward, so the BCG is pushed backwards and the nozzel stays forward untill the BCG goes so fare back that it opens the piston cup and the nozzel hits the retening parts, only then will the nozzel move back.

Now that you understand how it works you can see that your concerns are meaningless.

i also use those big orings too. its a bit hard to install at first cause youre pretty much trying to put a round thing in a square canal. i switched back to the stock ones cause the round orings are too thick and is causing the backplate to bend outwards.

theoutlier,

can you give me the exact oring size you are using?

tia!

its a rounded 2mm diatmeter oring.ofcourse its gonna be difficult to install, but i used the special kind of adhesive (same kind i used to glue the 2 ends of the oring chords together)But i guess u can use super glue?. Few drops of those on the backplate and it stays in place. I also have heard some pple with good result on a 1.5 mm ones. so i suggest u try different sizes. Also to help with the installation, always use superlube on the orings and cclamps to hold the mag together.

Others use silicone gasket to seal their mags.

Not tried this yet.

Seriously considering swapping over to the 20rd vn mags as the 30rd ones are a pain in the *albatross*.

i tried using bare silicone gaskets and had a horrendous results. But it does good job if u already have oring in place such as this one as it seals all the small gaps the leaks could sprung from.