WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Hi guys. No matter how ridiculous I may sound, got to brig this up: got my M4 converted into open bolt (CO2) and also had to change the mag lips. The OB lips seem not that tall and slightly narrower than those for CB. The default bb loader seems not to work anymore with the new lips. The WE open bolt kit comes with a strange piece of plastic (square with a hole in the center), which I initially thought that would work like some sort of adapter for the bb loader. Well, it seems that I was wrong (btw, anyone knows what's the actual utility of that part?). Question is: how in the world you load now a mag (it seems to me that the bb's are now placed in a single column instead of two)? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Edited by sioux
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hi guys. No matter how ridiculous I may sound, got to brig this up: got my M4 converted into open bolt (CO2) and had also to change the mag lips. The OB lips seem not that tall and slightly narrower than those for CB. The default bb loader seems not to work anymore with the new lips. The WE open bolt kit comes with a strange piece of plastic (square with a hole in the center), which I initially thought that would work like some sort of adapter for the bb loader. Well, it seems that I was wrong (btw, anyone knows what's the actual utility of that part?). Question is: how in the world you load now a mag (it seems to me that the bb's are now placed in a single column instead of two)? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I hope you changed the follower in the magazine as well? Otherwise the bolt wont hold open

SANY0096.jpg

Edited by rolling-thunder

@ManMarin3: thanks. will try that. I assume you put the pistol mag adapter on(?).

@rolling-thunder: I assume the "follower" is the plastic part placed on the top of the spring, which is holding the bb's, right? If that's correct, couldn't miss it as they come in pairs (pls see below):

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=27839

Edited by sioux

@ManMarin3: thanks. will try that. I assume you put the pistol mag adapter on(?).

@rolling-thunder: I assume the "follower" is the plastic part placed on the top of the spring, which is holding the bb's, right? If that's correct, couldn't miss it as they come in pairs (pls see below):

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=27839

Yep those are the ones.I've added a picture which i took so a friend could compare Closed Bolt with the Open Bolt magazine parts.

I found the loading tool that you get with the gun to be useless,basically i seem to do what everyone else is doing.I use my standard AEG mag speed loader on an angle & fill the mag that way.

Hey guys, can anyone suggest a source with replacement lower receivers in stock? I'm contemplating the purchase of a "Canadian version" M16A3, but it would come with a transluscent plastic lower. Before I buy this, I'd like to know if there are full metal replacements readily available. Thanks!

even if you can find it you can't import it.

Airsoft Global sells WE replacement lower with trades,

Prime & Dytac also make WE lower at the cost of more than a new stock M4.

I actually got my lower replaced with trademark, would be interested for the dummy pin (will req'd destruction of a lower to get those out apparently)

Hey guys, can anyone suggest a source with replacement lower receivers in stock? I'm contemplating the purchase of a "Canadian version" M16A3, but it would come with a transluscent plastic lower. Before I buy this, I'd like to know if there are full metal replacements readily available. Thanks!

I'm not entirely against the idea of trying... :)

So Kullwarrior, do you think a dealer, like Capitol Airsoft, would be able to order one in for me?

Smuggling airsoft receiver is the same charge as smuggling Cocaine FYI (Cocaine you will also get drug charges)

If you want to add that to your resume, feel free,

Any brick n motar store will NOT import receiver because it is illegal.

I do. It's ~1cm shorten than what this states : http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/angry-gun-6-03-stainless-steel-inner-barrel-for-we-m4cqbr-hk416-short-280mm.html

I bought that one for my M4 CQBR, and it was too long !

This beleive this one is the one you want : http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/angry-gun-6-03-stainless-steel-inner-barrel-for-we-scar-pdw-10inch-long-ak74un-270mm.html

Alternatively if you want to be safe get the 250mm, I can't recall for sure but I think I had the 270 in my shopping cart after I received the 280mm and realized I had been Punk'D but never placed the order. And before the 280mm one i had a 510 closed bolt barrel for my OB gun... FML.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/angry-gun-6-03-stainless-steel-inner-barrel-for-we-g39c-gbb-250mm.html

I just did some half-arsed measuring by ramming a cleaning rod down the M4 and making it stop right after the hop nub on the inside of the barrel, and it's either 265 or 270mm... Better you just open yours up and measure.

:|

Was a real bummer when I realized...

OK I guess I lied with my first statement of "I do", as many do, trollololz marriage.

ANyways, Yes the hop up chamber eats away or the feed lips a bit. Either let it occur naturally or shave some off with a knife. Mine all work fine now that they are worn in, but it doesnt feel right. Add to that my super-tight-fit-ultra-low-tolerance PMAG shells dont help either.

Edited by NonEx

Cheers, it might not be accurate but it's the best info I have on the size so far.

My current M4 is standard length so I cant quite measure what CQB should be with great accuracy.

Seems no one has a solid length for them.

For example Raven 6.01 barrel for the WE Scar & AK-74UN is 256mm.

Angry gun 6.03 has the barrel for the same guns as 270mm.

RA-tech is slightly different again, saying Scar length is 250mm and M4 CQBR length is 275mm.

*sigh*

So, now I have a rough guide the question is:

Raven or Angry Gun?