WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

20120520192607-db9ec0d2.jpg

I thought I'd show you how my Canadian C7A2 build is coming along... that's my rifle below a teammate's C7A1.

My teammate and I each bought a WE closed bolt M16A3. His has, thus far, remained largely unaltered, in the style of a C7A1. My rifle, on the other hand, has evolved more in the direction of the current C7A2 standard, and is now using the open bolt system. I still have some odds and ends to acquire, like an appropriate ambi-fire selector, and maybe a Tri-Ad rail, but it's far enough along to well suit our team's Canadian Army representation. I also hope eventually to get a blank lower receiver, and have it properly laser engraved.

Because I'll be playing in Operation East Wind next March, I have to be able to convert my rifle back to A1 standard. Op East Wind is a nine day long, Cold War themed, mil-sim event, with a heavy enphasis on the use of authentic late '80s early 90's equipment. My A2 would stick out like a sore thumb, so I've kept the parts needed to switch back to the more basic platform.

Anyway, that's it so far. This rifle has turned out to be a reliable and accurate performer, and is a serious threat on the airsoft battlefield.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

If you don't like it, don't need it or don't want it then don't buy it or bother complaining. Manufacturers don't just produce random *suitcase* nobody wants, they are in it for a profit and make parts that the buyers want and they expect to offload enough to make a profit from the manufacturing process of said part.

So the Ra-Tech CB barrels that was just WE barrels with chrome where great, and the way the made part 117 work even worse was by design? some companys are just out to make a quick buck, and when they made total ###### in the past the new stuff gets a big question mark, you have a problem with that?

And how many products and parts do RA make? And how many of those have been bad ?

What brand out there doesn't make a poor product or model ?

There are far shittier brands out there. In my experience and opionion RA tech are OK!

I do like the idea of an aluminum nozzle, but, at four times the cost of a WE replacement nozzle, that's a bit pricey. Also, RA-Tech's nozzle probably shoots too hot for my local games. I hope they come out with a lower velocity version - that, I might buy.

Hey guys, quick question here for those who's got both the M4 and SCAR.

I've got a SCAR myself and played with the idea of getting an M4, but lacking funds at the moment I'll stick with upgrading the SCAR for now. One thing I have an annoyance with is the nozzle on the SCAR doesn't look anything like the bolt on the SCAR, whereas the M4's nozzle does. Does anyone know whether it's possible to use the M4 nozzle in the SCAR? If so, I'd like to get the M4 metal nozzle and run it in my SCAR so that it looks more like a real bolt assembly. I assume that given the 'bolt lugs' on the M4 nozzle I'll have to entertain with the idea of dremeling some material away from the hop up itself to get the nozzle to seal with the bucking but as long as the material removed from the hop up does not decrease it's structural strength I won't mind dremeling the SCAR's hop up to fit an M4 nozzle.

GG/Propane has never been consistent although I tend to agree that the numbers between for example, 1st or 2nd shot compared the others being way off is a bit of a put off. For consistency, its going to be a different outcome with co2. They may also still be prototyping it and that hopefully, the production version is going to be golden. On the bright side, its nice ot know that GBBR technology is slowly but surely going in the right direction.

A question to all co2 users. Which co2 makes do you guys use?

I bought 100 umarex cartridges only to find out that they are to fat for the co2 mag :(

I use these http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=262&category=302 but i'm not sure they will be any good to you in Switzerland?

I think either my mags are off specs or umarex makes real crappy cartridges. I seem to get out most of em after shooting, but some just stick inside, cause they're to a tiny bit to large for the hole...

Anyway, I just open the mag and still get em out :)

But I noticed two wierd things on my m4.

1. I can't get 30 shots from 1 cartridge on most mags, now I just load 25. The temperature was about 25C

2. I bought a npas but havent installed it yet, cause I get around 350fps on co2. The fps should be higher right?

Do you load 30 bbs and are you able to get more than 1 mag per cartridge?

Cheers

Dan

I don't seem to get 30 rounds out of a mag but i really need to turn my NPAS down which might preserve the gas a bit longer.I need to buy a Chrono to make sure what i'm doing is right but like most other airsofter who admit they need a chrono,i spend my money on cooler stuff first. I'll get eventually.

I don't seem to get 30 rounds out of a mag but i really need to turn my NPAS down which might preserve the gas a bit longer.I need to buy a Chrono to make sure what i'm doing is right but like most other airsofter who admit they need a chrono,i spend my money on cooler stuff first. I'll get eventually.

The NPAS does not regulate gas coming out of your mag- only the force of the hammer striking the gas flow valve and the valve design (i.e. the vanes) on the mag does that. The NPAS just (effectively) regulates how much gas that has already left your mag is used for propelling the BB. The NPAS does not affect gas consumption in any way whatsoever.

When I used to have propane mags, I got 60 rounds. I now exclusively use CO2 and I get 60 rounds. There must be something wrong with your Mag.

When I filled my propane mags, I used keep them empty refridgerated down to 4C. The propane Cylinder was slightly warmed in an airing cupboard. When you go to fill the mag, it's like goose poo squirting (really fast) into the mag's gas chamber- maximum refill!

Edited by bbstriker
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have a question on the WE M4 after reading some of this thread.

I have had 3 WE GBBRs the last 2 years. 2 G39s and a PDW. Their problems are pretty easy for me to understand after all this time and they are simple, easy and cheap to repair.

Now I have been thinking of getting a GBBR M4 and I need to decide what brand I should get.

My WE guns have always been enough accurate (after a little bit of work on the Hop-UP) to keep me happy, and the G39 works well enough in cold weather. Is it the same with their M4? Can it handle a little bit of cold? Is the hop UP good enough or its all over the place?

As of now I have no WE M4 mags so I don't really care about the brand, I just want a gun that has nice and consistent accuracy and suffer from no catastrophic failures. (I skirmish only with GBBRs so I want my guns to be reliable enough even in hot / coldish weather.)