WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Hey guys, I have a question on the WE M4 after reading some of this thread.

I have had 3 WE GBBRs the last 2 years. 2 G39s and a PDW. Their problems are pretty easy for me to understand after all this time and they are simple, easy and cheap to repair.

Now I have been thinking of getting a GBBR M4 and I need to decide what brand I should get.

My WE guns have always been enough accurate (after a little bit of work on the Hop-UP) to keep me happy, and the G39 works well enough in cold weather. Is it the same with their M4? Can it handle a little bit of cold? Is the hop UP good enough or its all over the place?

As of now I have no WE M4 mags so I don't really care about the brand, I just want a gun that has nice and consistent accuracy and suffer from no catastrophic failures. (I skirmish only with GBBRs so I want my guns to be reliable enough even in hot / coldish weather.)

Go with the WE because you can interchange the M4 mags in your PDW and also use it for future WE models, if you wish, fex. HK 416, SCAR, etc. WE M4, current gen Open Bolt is solid!

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

One of my friends has a airsoft company in Denmark and I am helping him test some new o-rings for the CO2 mags, it is a replace ment for the badly molted green one, but he will also stock a replacement for the orange one (witch is just a normal 4.50mm ID X 2.00mm) just tested v0.1 today and they are no good, v0.2 will be in my hands sometime next week, and hopefully vary close to perfect, the good news is that even dumping a full CO2 capsules did not hurt it, the green WE o-ring goes super hard, and the orange one gets brittle and falls apart, the new ones are rated to minus 65 centigrade with good mechanical properties so it will stand up to normal wear.

Help is coming to all the leaky CO2 mags out there.

• 2 weeks later...

CG v0.2 WE CO2 o ring is holding tight, water tests shows no bobbles from the valve, but some from the CO2 cartridge not being screwed hard enough into the mag, but I was testing on a brand new mag and maybe I just have weak wrists :), no 2 mag tested showed no bobbles at all :)

We will run some more tests and talk to the factory about a few minor details, also we are sending out a few mags for some Danish players to test, if all goes to plan we will talk to the factory about a 1000 pcs run in a week or 2.

We also talked about offering some prototype o rings for sale but contact customgunsdk@gmail.com for more info on that, they are really expensive as they are handmade one by one

Nice nice, definatly sign me up for a dozen or so !

Hey by the way, would it be possible for you guys to make a similar set for the KJW CO2 pistol magazines? It's quiet common that the seal in the actual valve gets worn out or damaged, probably just as big of a market as the WE CO2 pieces.

Edited by NonEx

So the v0.2 prototype looks like its GTG, and we are moving to production in the next 2 weeks, but that gives us time to ship out ONE of our v0.2 prototype o-rings to a lucky WE user some where in the world, but we are looking for someone who will give it a fair test and do a nice writeup/make a video, also you will need the skills and tools to install it if that is you send a email to info@customguns.dk and tell us what you want to do with it.

Just to make it clear, we will give somebody a o-ring set for free, we will pay shipping and so on.

Edited by jkpics

Ran out of edit time, but wanted to say that we are looking into replacing the other o-rings on the CO2 mag, it's no good that the valve is 100% tight but the CO2 is leaking out elsewhere, so we will offer the the 7mm ID x 1,5mm o-ring for the 2 plugs and maybe also the silicone disk where the cartridge fits, but only if we can keep cost down, after the valve was holding the mags just ended up leaking elsewhere and while we found it easy to fix in most cases why not just go a bit further and fix it all, for good.

The best way to increase recoil on any GBBR system is to reduce weight of the gun itself; I just installed a super lightweight DD MFR tube minus any of the rail sections in place of my old quad rail URXII on my G&P GBBR, and the 4-500g reduction in weight has made a really noticeable difference to the perceived recoil. Frankly, to my uneducated shoulder, it feels not far off a real M4 - I know that's obviously total ######, but it feels like one to me and until I know otherwise I'm going to tell myself that's the case! :P

The WE's Recoil speed is much faster than a RS, actually makes it unrealistic that way.

A Heavy buffer and a light buffer spring WILL make the recoil profile more realistic. You want the cycling of the weapon to slow enough to feel the shift of weight, hence why WE and Inokatsu designed additional weight at the rear of the BCG.

However there are some manufacturers with overly lite recoil springs in their recoil kits (VFC and WA). Other manufacturers (Viper and Inokatsu) have too heavy bolts on a very light recoil spring.

On a WE, installing a RS H/H2 buffer, will make the WE feel more realistic. In addition, find a winter spring (not a light spring from a recoil kit), and that will ensure good cycling speeds and reliability, or an AGM M4 spring. This will slow the cycling but with the added H buffer, will increase in the impact impulse.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

So. we have been getting some feedback from the danish tester on the CG o-ring.

No lube

40 + CO2 cartridge

24 hours in a minus 25 freezer

Heated with a hairdryer

Still no leaking

First batch has been ordered and we are still giving away one prototype to somebody who wants to test it and share the results.

info@customguns.dk

Ive recently purchased a open bolt WE 416 and have been having issues regarding the mags, all my mags are open bolt and always have been, ive used them for about a year in my WE PDW with no problems at all, ive put them into my 416 to find they are very hard to get in and when they do eventually seat, it will jam every 5 rounds or so.

weird thing is ive got one of the new Gen 3 mags and that works flawlessly so far, anyone else had something similar?

Yeah ive checked that, all mags are fine, ive ordered some new feed lips to see if its just wear affecting them, but the weird thing is the gen 3 just glides right into the mag well so it must be slimmer but it looks exactly the same, is there any difference between gen 2 and gen 3 other than the internal mag design?