WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Steel 6.03 Angry Gun tightbore, 250mm. Hop up rubber is an RA Tech made for Open Bolt guns. It seems to lack the slight crowning on the hop up end of the barrel that the WE stock barrel has, but that's the only difference I can see.

Every 2nd shot came out at a lower velocity- keeping the RA Tech rubber and a stock barrel, this problem goes away.

Interesting that you're having problems with the Angry Gun inner barrel. I'm more than happy with mine, so it might be that some dodgy ones are getting out of the factory (not exactly the first time a company producing parts for Airsoft guns have had dodgy QA!). I'm running mine in conjunction with the tan coloured Modify hop-up rubber and i'm getting great results :)

I might dig up an RA-Tech rubber and try it on one of my AG barrels to see if I can replicate the problem you're having.

I'm running a M4 CQBR size, with an Angry Gun 6.03 x 280mm tightbore and the RA- blue hopup rubber with the 2 nubs on the inside. Steel bolt with alloy nozzle and NPAS.

I've only put about 500 rounds through it so it's not broken in yet but it's miles ahead of the modify rubber and stock barrel I had in before.

This is getting quite interesting gents, it seems that the WE design is *very* choosy about which parts work together. The Modify rubbers I have sucked with the stock inner barrels, but work fine with the AG inner barrels I have here. So far, combos that people seem to find work well are:

PreacherMan - Black RA-Tech rubber with standard inner barrel

Danke - Blue RA-Tech rubber with Angry Gun inner barrel

Kermit - Tan Modify rubber with Angry Gun inner barrel

Any others?

I started stock of course and then put the brown Modify accurate rubber in with the the stock setup. It still gave me a few fliers. I put in the Angry Gun tightbore and the RA- blue that appears to be a really nice combo. I have a Nine Ball Purple to try also but I thing I may stick with what I've got for the season now.

Rifle #1 WE M16A3 modified to C7A2 - White RA-Tech bucking with 500mm Angry Gun 6.03

Rifle #2 WE M16A3 modified to C7A1 - White RA-Tech bucking with 510mm RA-Tech 6.01

Rifle #3 WE M16A3 modified to C7 - Blue RA-Tech bucking with 500mm Angry Gun 6.03

All three of my personal rifles will hit a man-sized target at 60m. I didn't intend to have three nearly identical test beds, it just sort of worked out that way. I have no real preference between Angry Gun barrels or the RA-Techs - I've built many rifles using both types, and they've all been accurate and consistent performers.

I'm running an Angry Gun 6.03 with a Firefly soft in my XM177.

At 340fps with a .20, I'm still over hopping a .30 slightly. It's straight and level out to about 50m, and then heads slowly up (hop is on about as minimum I can get whilst retaining the bb in the hop).

Saying that, I've only put about 150 rounds through this hop, so I'm really hoping it beds in a bid. I don't mind using .40, but the players I'm shooting might :P.

Well my Closed Bolt M4 turned up this morning, both included mags leaking! Hopefully not a sign of things to come, Managed to get a few shots out of one of them though, looks like i'm going to enjoy this.

Gen 1 mags I guess? Best thing to do to them is get the Gen 2 upgrade kits (£17.50 each at MilspecSolutions), as the Gen 1's are nothing but leaky POS.

• Like 1

Thinking about one of these, found one but has a few issues. How hard is it to fix the 'loose' fire selector issue (I think from reading the thread it's a matter of a spring?) and also it's a closed bolt - should I just sack off buying a fixer-upper and go for a new one? Would be my first GBB rifle (owned pistols but never a rifle)

I'm not a fan of the closed bolt WE guns personally. To be honest, if the price of that closed bolt gun, plus the open bolt conversion kit, is close to that of a stock open bolt gun, then I'd probably make my life easier and start with an open bolt gun. Usual caveats about condition etc etc apply.

In retrospect, after a proper range test in controlled conditions, my .28s aren't flying out as far as I thought they were. RA Tech OB black bucking and stock inner barrel don't work all that well, and cranking it up too much results in jams. It's tighter groupings but not really further range than the stock barrel.

Any combos work well with .28s and either a stock or an Angry Gun 250mm barrel? Right now my Glock 19 with stock inner barrel, A+ Studio hop assist and Nine Ball is hitting slightly further range (about 60m)

Ive been having really good results with both a stock M4 inner barrel and an angel custom M16 length TBB using King Arms red VSR buckings. been getting really good groupings and distances. Well over 100 feet with absolutely no accuracy issues. I consider that pretty good. It will go much further then that, But 120-ish feet is the furthest I can put up a target at my field.

If I can get them to let me on during an off session I'll try to get the maximum range down.

Anyone experiment with different tensioners/nubs? I read something about someone using an H-nub to great effect somewhere.
I don't feel like pulling mine apart to take a look, but at the very least an H-nub should definitely fit given the design. If a flat hop tensioner fits, bonus points.
Still on the hunt for a good bucking that'll get me hitting out to 60m reliably, so far the white RA Tech one combined with the Angry Gun barrel is looking like a winner.