WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a proper 16" pencil barrel made.

Viper Tech steel 16" pencil barrel and a Tonic Airsoft WA-to-WE barrel converter. Job jobbed.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Prime do them, but not the easiest to source. RA-Tech have just released their drop forged receiver set, but as I haven't had my hands on them yet I have no idea if they are OK.

Thanks for that, i noticed there was  a Dytac VLTOR MUR but that seems to be no longer available, shame as it looked very nice.

Tried a search and couldn't find a helpful or definitive answer:

Which ready mag systems will fit a WE M4/4168?

I know a RS one will fit but I'm after a replica (G&P or ICS etc) as I'm not sure I can source an RS version in UK (please feel free to correct me on this!)

125 or 131 + VAT for the polymer or steel Redi-Mag if you buy from Midways UK operation. Airsoft ones are likely to be a bit loose holding GBB mags (AEG M4 mags tend to be a tad wider). The standard steel one and shipping *might* just squeeze in under the $100 limit (if you ask for bog standard USPS shipping) from Brownells.

Yeah that was a thought that crossed my mind.

Had an issue today while working in my latest WE M4, the front sight id purchased (KAC Flip up type for an older SR16) did not fit... The roll pin holes were too close together, eg the holes did not align with the barrel holes.

Is this an AEG vs RS spec issue?

Any brands that will fit WE spec barrels? RS again?

Edited by Number5
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've dropped out of the airsoft scene about three years ago (when the M4 was still closed chamber and the conversion set was promised). I'm picking up airsoft little by little now and found out that they released the conv. set (but it is hard to get my hands on). Owning three WE closed bolt M4's I need a lot of converting lol....

So my question's are :

- which airsoft shop still carries the WE parts line?

- where can I find mag conversion sets?

- If I buy the conversion set, what modifications (inner barrel? hopup rubber?...) do I need to make (or is it drop in and play)?

- is the WE M4 wiki guide still online? (can't found the shortcut anymore and google doesn't show any results, but maybe I'm using the wrong words lol)

I would be most thankful and glad to pick up my WE M4 again and play around...

EDIT: I'm sorry but I'm not going to read the 374 pages again to get every bit of info. So it's would be helpful to get the info in a nutshell.. Thx

Edited by Ian24

http://www.airsofttaiwan.com/shop/goods.php?id=422

http://www.airsofttaiwan.com/shop/goods.php?id=445

they have plenty of other parts for WE gbbr rifles. 

note that you get one set of mag conversion set in the open bolt kit. Ehobbyasia and redwolf has them as well, som they are still available in the most major shops...

Everything is a drop in fit and inner barrel and rubber is included but i recommend buying a precision barrel and better rubber. 

oh and another thing, the plastic nozzle will break sooner or later so why not go for an aluminium one (costs like 3 new plastic ones) so its upp to you...

Good luck!

Cool thx DJ....

Rubber and barrel are AEG-compatible or special gbbr? 

I have 8 gas mag's and a couple of CO2, so I'll need some kit's lol (for the gas.. don't play on CO2)

Does RA Tech still makes NPAS nozzle's? How is the quality on that? Or is there another method to adjust fps?

No problemos...

You need to buy rubber and barrel specifically to WE M4, there are some to choose from.  

Good for you the kits only costs 4 usd =) RA tech is still in the game so yes NPAS and Nozzles with NPAS is the best choice for adjusting your fps... 

Well, i'm more an collector than i'm a active player but I have used it occasionally for a couple of years now and I also own WE Scar, MSK & 416 .

So with the right amount of upgrades and maintenance this weapon is awesome. The realism and the blowback is something that you never can get with the fancier AEGs.  

The drawbacks are as usual the leaking mags (that are fixable if you have the time), the temperature sensitivity and the time requirement (for maintenance)  

I loved to play with my M4 in cqb area's but the frustration of hop and inconcistenty made it a PITA to play with... I have one off the first SCAR (still with the FN trades and serial number) somewhere in it's original box never played with... 

I saw that WE made some MP5 and stuff too... Must dig a bit deeper and see if it would be worth it....

Thx for the info...

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I'm sorry if this has been address before. I have WE pmags (gbb) and they don't want to work with my M4. But here's the thing. If I seperate the upper and lower, then insert the pmag (it fits fine), close the two halves and then pull back the bolt, release the bolt (which chambers a round fine and is able to fire), it is able to fire. But if I try to insert the pmag normally, the mag catch can't engage the pmag.

My question is this:- Is there a mod I can perform to allow me to use the pmags or is it not worth it (would the modification mean that normal mags would no longer work, post modification)?

First of all I'm sorry if this has been address before. I have WE pmags (gbb) and they don't want to work with my M4. But here's the thing. If I seperate the upper and lower, then insert the pmag (it fits fine), close the two halves and then pull back the bolt, release the bolt (which chambers a round fine and is able to fire), it is able to fire. But if I try to insert the pmag normally, the mag catch can't engage the pmag.

My question is this:- Is there a mod I can perform to allow me to use the pmags or is it not worth it (would the modification mean that normal mags would no longer work, post modification)?

My Mk18 is a tight fit like that.  Insert mag, slap bottom!