WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Hi,

couldn't find this anywhere, but does anybody know where I can get the little fake body pins for the lower receiver? I bought one for a custom build and found that they don't come with the fake pin bits! 

Cheers

Tom

Ok, cut the o-ring and it's a cylinder, now take the diameter of that cylinder lets say it's 1mm, for the outerdiameter of a o-ring you have the cylinder diameter 2 times, and in the middle you have the inner diameter of the o-ring, lets say that the inner diamerter is 10mm

So first we have the 1mm o-ring cylinder, then we have the hole in the middle of the o-ring thats 10mm and last another 1mm o-ring cylinder.

o-ring  +    ID  +   o-ring  = OD 

So 1mm + 10mm + 1mm = 12mm

Hi,

couldn't find this anywhere, but does anybody know where I can get the little fake body pins for the lower receiver? I bought one for a custom build and found that they don't come with the fake pin bits! 

Cheers

Tom

Find systema ptw pins instead they work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a real magazine catch in my. Norgon ambi catch I think was the name.

Only thing I had to do was to file the lower edge of the magazine catch to an angle so the airsoft magazine could slide in smoothly and lock in place. RS magazines have curved lips so it goes in anyways, but airsoft mags have a sharp edge on top so it didn't work without mod.

So you can get a real one, whatever you like, and just mod it slightly to work.

I have TSC levers, not too happy with those. I know RA Tech at least make the top lever for the M4.

So far I am running stock ones in my MSK magazines but they do get work down quickly.

Real is super easy to get here so that's my plan A. Not sure about ambi, I always wind up bumping it on my gear and dropping mags.

Eyes on the RA Tech parts, nice to have the other one also though. I've had to make a few and they're a bit dodgy.

• 3 weeks later...

Useful vids, but sorry, you're wrong about unscrewing the buffer tube one full turn - it's a bad idea from an engineering point of view. It should be threaded in as far as possible (i.e. up to the buffer retainer) as that way the shock load is spread across a larger surface area at the interface between the threading on the lower receiver and the threading on the stock tube. If you have a problem with the bolt not being able to recoil far enough to allow reliable magazine catch engagement then you need to reduce the length of Part #91.

Edited by QQexDERA

Ah, well that makes sense. But it's a bit of a pain to get that part out and being able to cut it to exactly the right lenght. Never heard of anyones buffer tube snapping off due to not being installed all the way in. Maybe more applicable to RS than airsoft?

WE's receivers (being die-cast of not exactly premium grade materials) are not that strong, so the more thread engagement you have the better as the stress load is spread over the largest area possible. I've had several WE's in over the last few weeks due to screwed lower receivers, and the crack propagation points on both were at the bottom of the threading at the rear of the receiver. It's risk-minimisation really. 

Removing Part 91 is easy, just need a screw driver, a wood screw, and half a meter of gaffa tape lol. If you only need to remove a short length then extremely coarse sandpaper and elbow grease does the trick. 

Anybody having any experience with RA-Tech steel bolt and that add on metalthingie for extra weight

for extra recoil or does it just consume a lot of gas in the end and damage the gun?

Any other ideas for extra recoil beyond Angry guns recoil kit?

Anybody having any experience with RA-Tech steel bolt and that add on metalthingie for extra weight

for extra recoil or does it just consume a lot of gas in the end and damage the gun?

Any other ideas for extra recoil beyond Angry guns recoil kit?

Angry gun has a steel bolt in the market right now and is in my opinion more interesting than the RA tech...

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/angry-gun-cnc-steel-bolt-carrier-for-we-m4-gbb.html#.VVTVBvDeI1d

there is one with a titanium coating as well:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/angrygun-steel-bolt-titanium-coasting-p-8510.html

https://youtu.be/kk4gyUhtpZc?t=58s

• Like 1