WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

10mm drill bit in a 6.3mm hole ? :o

I can't be bothered anyways. Like I said not just the size that is off but the spacing so I suspect whatever I do there will be unacceptable slop if I ever manage to mate it to my existing lower.

Just better off buying a new M4 GBBR. But that's a later project. I don't exactly need an interchangeable upper it was just a thing I wanted to do so :P

Edited by NonEx
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Sorry 6.5mm, misremembered that, well you get a better result if you clamp a new upper and lower together at do it, but it's really fine, 0.2mm over the 3cm wide pin channel is nothing, RS AR's are loose as F BTW, that is just inherent in the design.

Edited by jkpics

The reciever pinhole on we uppers are filled with way to much paint. Always on new uppers and lowers will sanding need to be done.

I'd never put an fn ar in the high end bracket, even our own military trys to tell us the colt is inferior which is bs

Edited by Alias1983

So, looking over my WE closed bolt M4. I want to make it open bolt. What do I actually NEED to convert it? The open bolt conversion kit seems to come with a lot of parts and I'm curious if its all necessary as we've got a spare bolt in the flat.

New bolt is a given, new inner barrel, new hop unit, bolt release catch (mag parts too I guess)?

Forgive me for I am new to the GBBR way of life.

So, looking over my WE closed bolt M4. I want to make it open bolt. What do I actually NEED to convert it? The open bolt conversion kit seems to come with a lot of parts and I'm curious if its all necessary as we've got a spare bolt in the flat.

New bolt is a given, new inner barrel, new hop unit, bolt release catch (mag parts too I guess)?

The kit has everything you need. Mine ran great for 2 years till I needed money. That's why I kinda want another. Or just pony up for ghk.

You need to change mag lips and followers. When you do that take out the lower one stretch the spring a small bit and load 34 rounds max.

Edited by Alias1983

If you wanna make it last, forget the kit, just buy upgrades instead. Basicly ALL parts can be found as upgrades or off hardware stores.

I still dont know why the triggerbox is different, mine is STILL the closed-bolt box and runs fine. Get the steel hopup, Angry Gun bolt and mod the CB bolt-catch into a OB bolt-catch, its the best there is for its place. The RA-tech "reinforced one" is meant for RA-tech bolt and sits too low for OEM and Angry Gun bolt. I'd also recommend avoiding RA-tech parts "when possible" but sadly they are the only ones making the hop from steel.

Only part you may need to source out a bit further is the round thingy between the reciever and the hopup, all others you can find as upgrades and like i said, the trigger-box runs fine as it is.

EDIT: i do have to mention, at this point you are quite close to GHK too. Personaly im dropping WE because the CO2 mags are poop and the gas mags cant be DH-modded. Second hand WE is also not very valuable, you'l lose more money in it compared to GHK

Edited by swatti

GHK don't do 416 parts as far as I'm aware, building a hybrid like the old school SEAL shooters, plus can share mags with flatmate.

Flatmate who happens to have a load of spares, inner barrel, standard open bolt and hop up sorted. Do need to either mod or get a new charging handle though as for some reason mine makes the bolt protrude too much (its definitely not a WE handle). We tested across uppers, lowers, bolts and handles.

Edited by Tw1tch

The OB trigger box have a reinforced valve pin delay lever, the small spring loaded part on the side that pops put, the CB part broke some times and WE upgradede it, but they had to drill out the box a bit to fit it.

It functions 100% the same, so if the CB part don't break it will run fine in a OB gun.

• 3 weeks later...

Putting in an order for my parts, hop unit is the one confusing me. Already got a ML 70* standing by

This one looks very different to this one. Is the New Age one the one I want? Just want to make sure I get all the parts to make it functional as its been too long already.

Cheers guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I've got an AG one on order but the retailer is taking their sweet time given I ordered on the 28th of August. There were issues with a couple of items as they were out of stock but that was resolved almost two weeks ago and he's not supplied shipping info despite claiming that it'll get sent the day I email. And now I'm being ignored.

Frustrating thing is some of the parts I want I can't find elsewhere.

Edited by Tw1tch

I'd suggest a different thread. If there's not one you could always start one.

In amendment to my previous post it appears my parts have turned up, also from what my flatmate has said I've no import fees to pay (for about £200 of kit). Just need to pick them up tomorrow.

• Like 2

Received a buttload of parts today, now to plan my two rifle builds.

I have:

SPR Mod 0 with standard WE internals barring restrictor disc putting out 290fps on 0.25g rounds and supposedly a Maple Leaf diamond hop (unsure of which one and I've not opened it up yet).

Hk 416 with M4 lower, internals wise at the minute its empty on the upper receiver and stock in the lower (still has a closed bolt bolt catch)

WE Open Bolt conversion kit, Maple Leaf 70° rubber, Angry Gun ambidextrous fire selector, New Age steel hop chamber and a PTS Raptor charging handle.

The charging handle and fire selector are definitely going on my 416 build, going to put the restricted bolt in there too and then sort the new bolt out for the SPR to make it a DMR (with locking the trigger box too). Unsure where to put the steel hop chamber though, I might end up getting another one down the line (or an AG one to compare) but for now it is just the one.

Also the Raptor charging handle is quite stiff in the 416 upper, will clean it out and see if I need to file it a tad for smooth operation.

Exciting times ahead!

• Like 1