WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I think the tip about the bolt over-traveling in the buffer tube sounds plausible.

With the upper off, like in the pic above. Put the bolt down the buffer tube and see if it goes far enough back to drop off the hammer and hit the auto sear.

EDIT: From the pic it looks like your buffer tube might be 2-3 turns short of being fully installed. You want to turn it all the way until it hits the detent, and then back it out to the closest aligned turn. If you know what I mean.

Edited by NonEx
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After lots of waiting and designing and machining, I've finally made progress on my WE Colt 601 build. Still a bit left to do though.

Toxadpx.jpg

Hardest part I think was making the front pivot pin. Im using a large pin SP-1 upper, so I needed an offset bushing to adapt it. But because the lower now has no pivot pin detent, the takedown pin would just slide out.

So I came up with this.

nqQf79Jl.jpg

Its 3 parts that screw together, with the middle being the offset large pin diameter. this way the pin doesnt fall out. And I was even able to make it look just like an original 601 pivot pin externally. Kinda proud of that one. hah.

Edited by Brigg
  • Like 3

Hah, On my mill vise after a few hours of work =D

I ground the fence off a WE A1 lower and reprofiled the mag well (Though that was by hand). Also I machined the duckbill flash hider, and takedown pins from bar stock.

The hopup and barrel were machined down, the FCG notched out, and the hopup clipped, drilled and pinned so that everything fit in an unmodified RS upper.

been a bunch of work so far. today I finished the 601 "flat" bolt catch too.

KylxfGrl.jpg

Still an ongoing project though. I work on it when I have time and interest.

Edited by Brigg

Figured I'd put this here too.

kbjvle2l.jpg

I tried looking for duckbill flash hiders for a while but it seems like no one makes them. So I made my own. Im not sure if its the only one out there, but i imagine there aren't too many.

Still needs better paint though.

Edut:

Also the paint is getting done now. Originally it was painted with Aervoe OD 34087. that was way too light, like how the stock here is:

SysNvlUl.jpg

The rest of the furniture is now painted with Tamiya TS-2 Dark Green. Apparently as close a match as youre likely to get to the glossier green 601 furniture.

Im still waiting for the early swivel type stock to show up before I waste more paint, so for now Im leaving the A2 stock on it.

And now I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to machine an original type BCG without the forward assist grooves. That might be a bit beyond my ability right now, but it might be worth trying.

Edited by Brigg
  • Like 1

After what you'd done on the receiver and the flash hider I'd love to see what you can come up with in terms of machining out a BCG. But if it were me I'd take the easy way out and just fill the grooves up with say maybe gbweld, sand it and refinish.

Also if you're looking for a triangle charging handle try http://www.nodakspud.com/AR%20Lowers.htm

It's sold out right now. Not sure when the next production run will be. Also not sure if it'll help but you might also want to take a look at the pivot pin they got on there

Edited by CaptCalvin
  • 3 months later...

Just wanna put this here, my latest custom WE AR. I dont wanna go into too much detail since I already have a thread on it, but yeah. Boom, Colt 9mm smg. takes kwc mini uzi mags. This is the reason I love WEs over every other airsoft AR platform. you can do *anything* with a WE.

• Like 2

Just wanna put this here, my latest custom WE AR. I dont wanna go into too much detail since I already have a thread on it, but yeah. Boom, Colt 9mm smg. takes kwc mini uzi mags. This is the reason I love WEs over every other airsoft AR platform. you can do *anything* with a WE.

How did you get the flat KWC gas route bucking to fit the circular blow back nozzle on the WE?

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
  • 4 months later...

Waking this thread up:)

I'm in search of some spare parts for a We M4 and I see that evike has exactly what I need: http://www.evike.com/products/31726/

Problem is that the shipping is 30 usd and I feel that it's a bit much...

Anyone knows where to find these parts elsewhere?

Emailed KIC and WE but still no answer.

The parts i need is:

Part #60 - Valve Hammer Cover Screw (x1)

Part #76 - Fire Control Selector Spring

Part #77 - Fire Control Selector Detent

Part #78 - Bolt Release spring

Any help is highly appreciated