WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Well I have the new chrome finished barrel on its way and I'm going to wait and hope it will improve my accuracy problem. I have purchased every barrel the they have released and the last barrel with the new rubber nub design performed horribly right out of the box but after a few days of tinkering with it I can only get a few decent shots out of it. I have two WE M4's and both of them have a major accuracy problem. I picked up my second WE M4 from a friend that was so disappointed in his purchase that he traded me for a VFC SCAR. Now I don't have any AEG's and I'm hoping that I can get these things sorted out with the new Barrels. I will wait for this new barrel and cross my fingers. I know I will have to do some modifying to the new barrel so I'm expecting it to shoot like ###### at first. Once this gun gets this hopup figured out this weapon is amazing I'm in love with this gun and I'm going to stay optimistic about the future of this platform. If it takes them 3 months to figure it out and release a new hopup that cost $100......I will purchase it in a heartbeat only if it solves the hopup problem. I'm sure all of you feel the same. I know WETTI and WE are trying to get this straitened out and it is getting closer each day. Lets just hope that it gets worked out here real soon. I'm going to stay dedicated until there is no other options.

Edited by HSOJGNILRAD
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

One thing I noticed with mine, is that the inner barrel didn't seem to have any support inside the outer barrel. The result being that it had several mm of movement at the flash hider end. This won't do accuracy any favours. I fixed it (mostly, the movement's down to tiny fractions of a mm now) using a small brass collar from one of my AK hopups.

I agree with redlines.

Communication is a very bad point (except with AB, thanks to them).

It's about half the people who own WE M4 who are complaining, I never heard about cheaper brand.

I received a new metal receiver. It's not perfect. Little impact near the trigger hole, and some orange mark can be see on the sun.

There aren't any on my King Arms metal body, it's perfect.

When does WE learn to pack and take care to their products? (and their customers too.)

Midma

One thing I noticed with mine, is that the inner barrel didn't seem to have any support inside the outer barrel. The result being that it had several mm of movement at the flash hider end. This won't do accuracy any favours. I fixed it (mostly, the movement's down to tiny fractions of a mm now) using a small brass collar from one of my AK hopups.

How many of you don't have the little inner barrel support ring that acts as a bushing to center the inner barrel inside the outer barrel?

Looks like this:

snc12440.jpgsnc12439.jpg

You're not the only one, but AB was better with me.

I think the problem does not come from them.

;)

Mine too. I can take photo, I have 3 rubber, 3 are different. The first one have less diameter than the others!

Midma

I just come back home from a French major OP. he hop rubber seems to be very soft material....Before the OP I was able to see the 2 lips of the rubber. After nearly 50 mags in 3 fays, it becomes barely visible...and, every day began like the previous one...setting the hop one more step up on the 1st mag...without doing this, the BBs falls after only betwin 3 and 15meters...After this initial mag, thing seem to sort out, since the gun become a bit more accurate, but there are BBs flying to the sky...

4boost-

I >wish< I had that metal grommet. I slid a rubber oring over the inner barrel and pushed it in there before I put the flash hider on. Inner barrel is now stable.

Well.......here is my results for the new chromed inner barrel and hop up design.

WE quality control - and inconsistency between parts - is going to be a problem for the masses. You will hear/read wildly different reviews of this new hop system based solely on people getting bad parts.

Every one of these green hopup rubbers I have is different. You have to "hand select" the right one. Sort of tough if you dont know what the right one must look like, right?

I picked the one that had both lips exactly the same size (symmetrical) and the one that >just< enters the inner barrel, looking from the inside.

The adjuster wheel has TONS of hop adjustment, its just you will reach a point that you cant reach the knob anymore to turn it (twisting it forward for more hop.)

I turned the hop adjuster as far forward as I could (for more hop) then disassembled the gun. I could have made at least 5 more turns!! You just cant since the wheel is so cramped and hard to reach.

I did not need to shim the green rubber, the metal bb pushed it far enough to see some 'positive hop' happening. I did shim it to see what would happen and things immediately got worse. Erratic bb fligh - overhop or underhopped each shot.

In the end after >much< f-ing around, I was able to get the bb flying flat and tightly spaced, shot after shot with no shots hooking in any direction. This was with .28g bb's.

At 50 feet the accuracy is the same as all but the most high end AEG's. (High end AEG's shoot tighter)

This is in either semi or full auto.

Effective long range distance for me this afternoon (its 55degrees F) is 150 feet with the same focused groupings. This is in semi or full auto - which I did NOT expect to see.

Maximum distance is approaching 200 feet. Most unreal range I have seen.

I repeat, there is NO hooking at all. No bb's shooting for the sky out of nowhere. Every shot is the same.

The groupings are a little loose for my taste, but NIGHT AND DAY BETTER than the gen1 design.

One thing to note is that the green hopup material seems to have a "warm up period". It takes quite a few shots to get the bb flight stabilized. This would be a gun that has been sitting.

This is of course is likely just the wet propane and silicone being burned off (rubbed off) by the bb's Once the rubber is dryer, it gets to business.

My take? MAJOR improvement over Gen-1 hopup.

Edited by rottenotto

Thanks for your ambitions otto!

So I have to buy like 10 rubbers and hope there is a proper one among them?

I mean ok, it is just a $1.50 piece but it's one of not the part of the gun that has the most effect on it's perfomance. So in my opinion it's just embarrasing.

I guess I will take the high road, turn the hop up completely off and use my 100 buck KWA Glock for shots over 50 feet...

Edited by somegirls
4boost-

I >wish< I had that metal grommet. I slid a rubber oring over the inner barrel and pushed it in there before I put the flash hider on. Inner barrel is now stable.

Well.......here is my results for the new chromed inner barrel and hop up design.

WE quality control - and inconsistency between parts - is going to be a problem for the masses. You will hear/read wildly different reviews of this new hop system based solely on people getting bad parts.

Every one of these green hopup rubbers I have is different. You have to "hand select" the right one. Sort of tough if you dont know what the right one must look like, right?

I picked the one that had both lips exactly the same size (symmetrical) and the one that >just< enters the inner barrel, looking from the inside.

The adjuster wheel has TONS of hop adjustment, its just you will reach a point that you cant reach the knob anymore to turn it (twisting it forward for more hop.)

I turned the hop adjuster as far forward as I could (for more hop) then disassembled the gun. I could have made at least 5 more turns!! You just cant since the wheel is so cramped and hard to reach.

I did not need to shim the green rubber, the metal bb pushed it far enough to see some 'positive hop' happening. I did shim it to see what would happen and things immediately got worse. Erratic bb fligh - overhop or underhopped each shot.

In the end after >much< f-ing around, I was able to get the bb flying flat and tightly spaced, shot after shot with no shots hooking in any direction. This was with .28g bb's.

At 50 feet the accuracy is the same as all but the most high end AEG's. (High end AEG's shoot tighter)

This is in either semi or full auto.

Effective long range distance for me this afternoon (its 55degrees F) is 150 feet with the same focused groupings. This is in semi or full auto - which I did NOT expect to see.

Maximum distance is approaching 200 feet. Most unreal range I have seen.

I repeat, there is NO hooking at all. No bb's shooting for the sky out of nowhere. Every shot is the same.

The groupings are a little loose for my taste, but NIGHT AND DAY BETTER than the gen1 design.

One thing to note is that the green hopup material seems to have a "warm up period". It takes quite a few shots to get the bb flight stabilized. This would be a gun that has been sitting.

This is of course is likely just the wet propane and silicone being burned off (rubbed off) by the bb's Once the rubber is dryer, it gets to business.

My take? MAJOR improvement over Gen-1 hopup.

How many mags did you shot?

Question: So if they are officialy "released" already? How come no one has one yet?

P.S....same question that numerous people have asked, numerous times...

How are we supposed to use the C02 magazines, when they don't sell the necessary internal parts to use them? Kinda like selling people cars without the wheel, no?

Can AB, WETTI or Horizon Tactical answer this for us please? Thanks!

The CO2 conversion kit will be available shortly after we fill all the current CO2 guns orders. And I don't believe you can purchase any CO2 magazine from anywhere yet. They're all still pre-orders, I believe...

I tried to modify my 500fps valve to shoot below 400fps,..

imgp0416b56p.jpg

as you see, #42 now has a very far forward position.. the fps values are inconsistent around,.. I'd say 110 m/s.. some are @ 80 - 90m/s .. then 120m/s and there are a few shots still over 400fps ( 122m/s ++ )

what/how can I improve this whole thing?

I guess my biggest concern is the fact that these guys are PRETENDING like they are different than other companies by being involved with the community. I applaud that part...if it were true. They speak, but no action taken. Perfect example was my barrel issue. LOL!! They've been promising a free replacement barrel FOR MONTHS!!!

Everytime I contact them, its "we'll get on it" or "it's out of stock" or "PM me your address, I'll have one sent out" (I think I've PMed them my address multiple times, because of multiple requests.) in other words excuse, after excuse, after excuse. Yes, I got my barrel. How? I bought one. Funny how its "out of stock" when you need to exchange the one that doesn't fit for one that does, BUT if you buy one, miracalously, its in stock. Weird, huh? Yeah...

Look, complaining about quality of products is one thing. I'm talking about customer service here. This might sound like a childish rant...but after investing so much money on spare parts and etc, you'd hope for some support from the companies you're buying from. Maybe I'm just used to the way most companies work here in the U.S. Might be totaly different over seas.

Frustration is definetely the word best the describe my (and I'm sure many others here) mood right now. Great product, and great effort (words), but sadly, no follow through.

Let's hope the brass housing I ordered will actually accepts new barrels.

WETTI, AB, HORIZON, if any of you guys are reading, I'd gladly send my brass housing out if you guys want to check it out, test it out for your self, and make measurements. This offer goes to other members of this forum too. I'll send out that part, and see whether you guys can fit an inner barrel into it.

Maybe I just had bad luck with the barrels I bought. I don't know. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong. How much force is required to slide the barrel into the housing (yes I removed the pins)? Mine won't go 2mm in. Are we supposed to jam it in? The stock long barrel fits in smoothly (alhtough I noticed somoen from the factory sanded it)...were the others hard to insert? Thanks folks.

I do not want to make excuses, nor would I argue with you about what you just pointed out. I'll just let the people who I had helped solved their problems speak up...or may be they won't. That's the way it is, isn't it?

You bought the barrel yourself without telling me & I have your barrel still sitting here in front of me. If you wish, I'll still send it out to you. Do you know how many ppl had PM me each day here asking for free parts? I just received these 'special order' barrels a few days ago. I apologize for not serving you immediately, but I do have other business I need to take care of days-in & days-out. I hope you can understand that fact & give me a little leeway here...

God knows I tried... :(

There is also a movie called "How Your WEM4 Should Function" I see.

This movie was made by "Airsoft One", a Belgian airsoft-shop.

But...: they have quit selling WE-brand items last week. For 'reasons unknown' (but rather obvious, (lack of) quality control and "many promisses, but no actions", so I think).

So it's a bit "sarcastic" to use their little movie to show us how a WE M4 Gbb should funtion...

I beg to differ.. pls consider more before you start to make assumptions. The reason for some retailers to stop selling our products could very well be politically-driven, as I'm 'competing' with many other exporters/importers who offer no after-sales services & support to their customers. I've chosen & partnered with a few reputable retailers from around the world to form the global sales/service/parts support network. Even though this network is still in its initial stage, but very soon, I believe, all of you will have localized support from a dealer near you. For the same reason, many shops/retailers who's been buying off my competitors & not willing to 'jump ship' simply will not receive our exclusive products, thus possibly causing them to abandon our products altogether. This is not uncommon in the airsoft industry.

Eliminator-Just shot my 30th magazine.

Havent needed to turn the hop unit up yet.

Still very focused groupings.

When the magazine is running out of gas, and the pwer starts to go down, the bb's will start arching upward. This is normal.

I wish it was 90 degrees again today - Im sure it would be even straighter and more accurate with more POWER.

Somegirls,

yes, you really need to buy many green hop rubbers to get a few good ones.

*NOTE - if the hop up rubber doesnt want to sit in the hole in the inner barrel, thats your first sign to throw it away. You will have nothing but trouble.

The green hop rubber band >should< sit right in the hole without any force or manipulating it to fit. If you have this easy fit, you are golden.

Ill tell you, its worth the effort - the gun has the LOOOOOOONGEST maximum range of any airsoft gun I have.

Otto did you have to make any "major" adjustments to get the new hop-up to work out, or was the the tinkering around just finding the correct rubber and the perfect position of the hop up wheel?

Hi Cobb.

You got it.

The fit was first important.

The fiddling that came later was mostly finding which bb weight and trying to find the sweet spot on the hop adjustment.

I really wanted .25 bb's to work and spent a lot of time tinkering. No luck, I could never find the sweet spot.

I switched out to .28 bb's and the sweet spot was found easily.

I have not had to adjust the hop at all since (over 30 mags).......it is night and day better than the gen1 hopup.

Giant PS....

Of huge importance - dont waste your time trying to install and adjust the hop if teh weather is colder than 70 dgerees F.......waste of time.

The hop adjustment in a GBB rifle is a balancing act between bb weight, fps/power. (and in in old external rig guns, gas pressure and recoil spring rate.)

Stick with 70degrees or warmer so your FPS is constant. Or you will be adjusting up and down to compensate for the lack of power.

Edited by rottenotto

For anyone who is interested, I successfully modded a King Arms AEG m4 barrel to the WE m4 All I had to do was chop off the extra part of the barrel that usually goes into the AEG body, and then I just did a little JB weld to make the two small prongs that the WE barrel has. Even without the two prongs the barrel fit after chopping off the front metal, I was just worried the barrel would loosen faster without the prongs, so I added them just incase. I will try to get some pics up later in the week if anyone is interesed.

Hi all,

i have think about what could be a hop-up for the WE that uses a regular AEG barrel and bucking:

ai96495272774.jpeg

qc83631863240.jpeg

IT'S POSSIBLE !!

It needs three new parts, and to modify two existing parts, #111 and #114.

So the question is.... is there anybody out there who can machined that parts ? i can give a complete set of blueprints :rolleyes:

I'm looking by my side to find a another place to make it, i already have one but they are way too expensive.

Hi all,

i have think about what could be a hop-up for the WE that uses a regular AEG barrel and bucking:

IT'S POSSIBLE !!

It needs three new parts, and to modify two existing parts, #111 and #114.

So the question is.... is there anybody out there who can machined that parts ? i can give a complete set of blueprints :rolleyes:

I'm looking by my side to find a another place to make it, i already have one but they are way too expensive.

Well done Coco, well done.

This is an amazing improvement over the current hop-up design.