WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I KNOW... :D

pic

AND... co2 capable in the future! But you'll need a different helmet and treads and gears and exhaust in order for it to work on co2 but we we're not gonna find that out till later. It'll be here soon though and it'll be the bestest tank gun ever! The military trainee corporal captain dudes said so!

Edited by shinhk

On 'EB Airsoft' webshop there is a new CNC Bolt Carrier for WA. (Not for WE, so "little off topic" again, I know).

But the most interesting is this:

"FIT WA / AGM 61/62 GBB M4 / JG GBB M4 / DBOY GBB M4"

So it seems it's not only AGM that's making a WA-clone.

I even wonder IF AGM IS making them. IMHO there is no market for 3 different Chinese WA-M4-GBB-clone-makers.

And I hope WETTI is right and WE will survive this ;-) .

P.S. But somewhere I have the feeling I was (again!) too early to buy a M4 GBB. I will never learn.

Well, I just got back from my first skirmish with the WE M4, and I will say that I am very impressed (as were other players that saw it in action). This weapon by far has the most range I have ever seen in an airsoft gun. I was very very happy. The bbs were shooting in straight, a little to much hop up, but I think I could have fixed that. Anyways I give it a 5/5 rating for the day.

P.S. But somewhere I have the feeling I was (again!) too early to buy a M4 GBB. I will never learn.

Well I've tried both. I may be out-of-date on the stock WA offering but one rifle is hugely over priced, has lower recoil, plastic body (as standard) and largely AEG grade metal internals. The other is about $150 to $200 less, has noticeably better recoil, metal body (as standard) and reinforced/ steel internals (in the second generation of rifles). Also, I have personally had endorsements from Military personnel and have seen favourable endorsements from Military personnel on the net.

I chose the other and so got myself a WE M4 AFC. It is the better (and IMHO most obvious choice) of the two on balance. Other manufacturers such as G&P may well make a far 'better' WA version but then the price goes up accordingly while the WE is there already by default. .

Sure both have their technical issues (like the mags!) but I don't see a vastly improved WA released in the same way that WE vastly improved on it's first release of rifles with the AFC version. Nor do I see Mr WA interacting and responding accordingly directly with it's end users on a forum anywhere in the way that WETTI does here. I guess the WA clone manufacturers will make the improvements in time though.

A friend of mine introduced me to the WE M4 in January 2009. He got the 'first version/generation' rifle (with some of its issues) which i tried out- I was still impressed enough to decide to buy one. I then waited until the AFC release and the big difference (by way of improvement) was impressive. The refinements undergoing now with valves, inner barrels and hops is happening at what seems to be an unprecedented pace in context of the AEG world.

My AFC performs amazingly well. On a recent Milsim weekend, I was in a 6 man squad and was the only one using 30 round mags while the rest had at least 6 X100 round AEG mags each. I only had four WE Gas mags but I still notched up the highest hit count for the weekend.

So IMHO- I think we made the right choice ;)

Edited by bbstriker
Well I've tried both. I may be out-of-date on the stock WA offering but one rifle is hugely over priced, has lower recoil, plastic body (as standard) and largely AEG grade metal internals. The other is about $150 to $200 less, has noticeably better recoil, metal body (as standard) and reinforced/ steel internals (in the second generation of rifles). Also, I have personally had endorsements from Military personnel and have seen favourable endorsements from Military personnel on the net.

I chose the other and so got myself a WE M4 AFC. It is the better (and IMHO most obvious choice) of the two on balance. Other manufacturers such as G&P may well make a far 'better' WA version but then the price goes up accordingly while the WE is there already by default. .

Sure both have their technical issues (like the mags!) but I don't see a vastly improved WA released in the same way that WE vastly improved on it's first release of rifles with the AFC version. Nor do I see Mr WA interacting and responding accordingly directly with it's end users on a forum anywhere in the way that WETTI does here. I guess the WA clone manufacturers will make the improvements in time though.

A friend of mine introduced me to the WE M4 in January 2009. He got the 'first version/generation' rifle (with some of its issues) which i tried out- I was still impressed enough to decide to buy one. I then waited until the AFC release and the big difference (by way of improvement) was impressive. The refinements undergoing now with valves, inner barrels and hops is happening at what seems to be an unprecedented pace in context of the AEG world.

My AFC performs amazingly well. On a recent Milsim weekend, I was in a 6 man squad and was the only one using 30 round mags while the rest had at least 6 X100 round AEG mags each. I only had four WE Gas mags but I still notched up the highest hit count for the weekend.

So IMHO- I think we made the right choice ;)

I just had (another) look at EB Airsoft's shop.

There are now two AGM M4 GBB models, shipping included= $178.

At Gunners the guns are $123.

That's 1/2 of the WE price.

Also the AGM has a metal body.

And one version even has RAS (with foregrip).

Of course you are right when you mention the response and dialogue going on here: that is something unique in AirsoftLand so far.

I hope Wetti will be able to maintain this responsiveness for a long time.

I only think "half the price" is... tempting. WE used to be half the WA price, and now the Chinese clones are half the WE price.

Still makes me feel a tiny tniy bit "bad".

But hey, I'm a computer-freak. And a digital photografy lover. Same sh** happens all the time: when one buys today, same or better item will be release tomorrow for less $.

I am curious to see the first hands-on reviews of the Chinese WA M4 clones....

The pricing is amazing but what about the mags? In the UK they're going for absurd money- in the region of £90- that's about $135 each!

I alway budget 8 mags per assault rifle type (e.g. NATO 5.56 STANAG). I guess it might be like Inkjet printers- dirt cheap for amazing technology but the Ink cartridges eat into the wallet big time.

I think WE's opportunity (among others! might be to position itself as the 'Systema' of the GBB asault rifle world although not at the ridiculously dizzy pricing heights that Systema maintained their overpriced AEG.

Also WE's Mags and parts are at very affordable prices- so much so that I'll buy in most in advance of any needed replacements.

Edited by bbstriker
I have one of these AGM guns paid and on it`s way from EBB.. so a review would come soon at GGI.

Let us know in 2 months when you receive it :D

Seriously, I dont buy anything from EBB anymore. GLACIALLY SLOW shipping.

I am resisting the urge to buy this particular AGM - there will be a FLOOD of these GBB M4's in one months time. Coming from many many manufacturers. Each will have better value (like trademarks, better hop etc etc)

Just sit back and wait for them all to hit the market, then go shopping. The floodgates are about to open.

I've shot about 2/3 of my 1kg bag of .28g BB's.

They are the G&G 5.95mm ones.

My hopup is on the lowest setting (I have V1 on AFC). I modified my valve for highout put, around 500fps.

The further i move away from the target, the higher my shots go.

Just as a test, I took out the hop-up rubber, and the shots still go up the farther i go back. Any ideas?

I used a level to check to make sure if my barrel is straight, and it appears to be just fine.

The gun, however, is very precise in it's groupings.

I am using a replica EoTech 552 from DragonRedto line up my shots, and it actually holds its zero quite well.

I think it's the hopup, but I am not entirely sure. This issue is really bothering me, please help

Edited by accuracy
I am having trouble finding the new V2 hop unit on AB. Is it the same hop unit as before but just with different barrel and rubber?

Cheers in advance.

New barrel uses new hopup rubber.

I think this is the official WE ver. :

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=360

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=269

It's kind of costly for my budget at $50 after shipping, so i think i'm going to wait a bit before I upgrade it.

Edited by accuracy

My hopup is on the lowest setting (I have V1 on AFC). I modified my valve for highout put, around 500fps.

Just as a test, I took out the hop-up rubber, and the shots still go up the farther i go back. Any ideas?

I used a level to check to make sure if my barrel is straight, and it appears to be just fine.

I am using a replica EoTech 552 from DragonRedto line up my shots, and it actually holds its zero quite well.

I think it's the hopup, but I am not entirely sure. This issue is really bothering me, please help

Try switching to KSC .30g bb's.

I think your problems will be solved. They fly flat (or arc down after 90 feet without the hop turned on - 490fps nozzle.)

.28 in my gun do the same thing, with the new hop.

KSC .30g - Best bb yet with the new gen2 hopup.

Try switching to KSC .30g bb's.

I think your problems will be solved. They fly flat (or arc down after 90 feet without the hop turned on - 490fps nozzle.)

.28 in my gun do the same thing, with the new hop.

KSC .30g - Best bb yet with the new gen2 hopup.

alright thanks i will try that.

did you mean that .28 are flat with new hopup, or they go up?

After a lot of work messing with the new barrel/hop-up I am very pleased with its results. I sadly ran out of .28s so I had to use .2s. With the hop up turned down to the lowest setting the bbs still arc up quite a bit, but at 80-85 I was able to hit a 15X15inch target 8 out of 10 times! I can't even imagine what it will be shooting like with .3s.

How high at how far back? Are you sure it isn't just that the sight was set at a certain range and moving away from it is what makes the rifle seem to shoot up?

Well I was at a large OP this weekend in the High desert of Southern California and I had 2 mags explode! The thing is that I had charged them full of propane and left them on the table under a EZUP for maybe 30 mins before they exploded. The temperature that day was about 90 degrees... This sucks $100 in mags down the drain. I still love the gun though it is firing like a champ. I guess I need to pick up 2 more mags though. Sad Day.

Well I was at a large OP this weekend in the High desert of Southern California and I had 2 mags explode! The thing is that I had charged them full of propane and left them on the table under a EZUP for maybe 30 mins before they exploded. The temperature that day was about 90 degrees... This sucks $100 in mags down the drain. I still love the gun though it is firing like a champ. I guess I need to pick up 2 more mags though. Sad Day.

holy ###### that sucks to hear, I live in SoCal where 90 degree weather is the norm during the summers so I'd probably be worried to use this then.

Then again I'm a pansy and I probably will avoid playing during summers since its too hot anyway.

anyone got the new nozzle in yet...... or is everyone waiting for everyone else?

If that's the case i say we draw straws.

Guess that's pretty much it :D

I'm not interested in Co2 myself but history showed that waiting for the next batch is the smarter way.