WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Ok guys. So I am buying a WE M4, but I need some help.

It'll take me days to go through 300 pages of info, and by then 2 more pages will have popped up. I have a few questions.

1. Is the version AB is selling Gen2?

2. What parts would be necessary to purchase when buying the gun? Like to replace parts that don't last long?

3. What are some basic internal upgrades to improve performance?

4. Is it compatible with AEG rails?

5. Does the CQB-R come with 2 rails as well? I really want rails.

Edited by BrooklynBorn

hay guys, i havent looked at this topic much since page 230, somewhere around when the CO2 M4 came out. i saw that you guys were trying to figure out the accuracy issues when the BB was resting against the hop up nub by being pushed passed the chamber from the force happening to the bb upon loading. did you guys ever get that fixed or has a new revision ever come around? i still have hope for the rifle, but if i cant build a 250 foot DMR out of it, im not going to bother with the M4 or SCAR. please let me know what happened.

BB being pushed passed the chamber from the force. did you guys ever get that fixed or has a new revision ever come around? i still have hope for the rifle, but if i cant build a 250 foot DMR out of it, im not going to bother with the M4 or SCAR. please let me know what happened.

I know changing to a dryer kind of green gas or just pure propane fixes it. Excess oil in the chamber makes the bb slip and roll out. Eliminator claims 70m with just a 330fps setup, Rottenotto claims his has the most range out of any airsoft gun he has using the new 6.02mm barrel and hop up (should ask him the actual numbers to be sure). For precision, mine can do 12" at 40m using the stock barrel and my custom hop rubber at a 400fps setup.

Edited by renegadecow

Got an email from Tactical Quartermaster, saying:

We currently have the WETTI CQBR M4 Co2 version on order which will

hopefully be with us in a few weeks time, along with CO2 mags. We will be

getting more M4's after that has come which will be CO2 versions also.

We have chrome barrels coming in the M4 and CQBR

lengths which are on the orders we're waiting on.

Not confirmed yet but the prices should be:

CQBR CO2 M4 - £304.99

CO2 Mag - £34.99

CO2 M4 - £299.99

Also all guns sold through Tactical Quartermaster will have the lower power co2 nozzle installed for UK limits.

HiTE

Please check news section for some pretty good news today.... ^_^

Sorry to ask but: what news-section? Over here (Arnie, where is it?), or at your website 'WEAIRSOFT' (where I don't see a news-update) or perhaps AGGM board?

Thanks in advance.

That's great news, I have a question, WETTI is the valve included in the SCAR the new CO2 version or a regular gas version.

All will be fitted with the CO2 valve, thus allowing the use of either green gas mags or CO2 mags.

Pls check out my video on the above post, thanks!

I know changing to a dryer kind of green gas or just pure propane fixes it. Excess oil in the chamber makes the bb slip and roll out. Eliminator claims 70m with just a 330fps setup, Rottenotto claims his has the most range out of any airsoft gun he has using the new 6.02mm barrel and hop up (should ask him the actual numbers to be sure). For precision, mine can do 12" at 40m using the stock barrel and my custom hop rubber at a 400fps setup.

thanks alot. just hope its accurate to that distance and not just pot shots.

thanks alot. just hope its accurate to that distance and not just pot shots.

quite a bit of instability in gas rifles is because the bb is getting too much energy imparted to it too quickly usually by a heavy hammer spring. Not sure if this will translate over to these rifles but /alot/ of success adding weight to the hammer and putting in weaker hammer springs in other gas rifles.

Not sure if this will translate over to these since I'm still waiting for the first batch to come into TheWarStore but I'm fairly confident that 250ft is achievable as long as you don't' have unrealistic expectations with shooting round projectiles over that kind of distance.

quite a bit of instability in gas rifles is because the bb is getting too much energy imparted to it too quickly usually by a heavy hammer spring. Not sure if this will translate over to these rifles but /alot/ of success adding weight to the hammer and putting in weaker hammer springs in other gas rifles.

Not sure if this will translate over to these since I'm still waiting for the first batch to come into TheWarStore but I'm fairly confident that 250ft is achievable as long as you don't' have unrealistic expectations with shooting round projectiles over that kind of distance.

i have realistic expectations. i have achieved that performance in my friends guns (they let me tinker with them). unrealistic would be 300 feet.

the truth is that WEs M4s were really inconsistent but for some reason, the CO2 magazines fixed he inconsistency issues. im not sure about the normal green gas mags anymore though

Edited by Horsem4n
i have one that looks exactly like that except that one has two extra screws.i got mine from rsov though.

it sucks.

it dones't go on straight and has gap between thing and receiver even with RS barrel nut.

I had to use orings to make it straight.

yep you're welcome,

one of the biggest waste of 65 dollars i've ever spent.

Hey I did some investigations, take a look:

there are actually 2 different DD RAS clones:

The Ras with 6 screws:

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1898

and the RAS with 4 screws: (the one you were talking about I assume)

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1666

I had several people confirming that the 6-screw-edition fits fine with just a tiny gap between Ras and upper.

Oh my! That SCAR looks great! Gonna hold out for the SCAR-H though and go for a M16 DMR in the meantime.

WETTI - Is the SCAR-H definitely on the cards for the future or was it just rumour?? Thanks

'Future' is the key word here. ;)

Wetti what about the WE BBs testing and the French distributor?

The BB testing will commence shortly...I'm up to my neck with SCAR distribution issues (I've got multiple negotiations going on at the same time... not that I'm complaining), but I'll get to it soon. Be patient, my friends!

I'm await for the French contract to be sent back to me, then I'll officially announce our new French sole distributor.

WETTI

Hey I did some investigations, take a look:

there are actually 2 different DD RAS clones:

The Ras with 6 screws:

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1898

and the RAS with 4 screws: (the one you were talking about I assume)

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1666

I had several people confirming that the 6-screw-edition fits fine with just a tiny gap between Ras and upper.

Okay well i can tell you that IBICO has the MMKK18 rail,the more expensive one. and that works fine with the RS barrel nut.

Mine is from rsov

http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&...product_id=3482

that one in black. is the one that was bad quality.

it's pretty much same price as the one in ebaybanned, trades look same. and same colors, so i thought they were the same.

a review of the one you're talking about on ebaybanned by Martial Portiche:

Beautiful rail. Very nice markings and finish, could be mistaken for the real thing. The barrel nut fitted on my WA M4 GBB, so its RS spec. However, for those others that want to install it on a M4 GBB, you will have a gap between upper receiver and the rail, since the barrel nut collar is longer on a M4 GBB due to the extra width from the outer barrel.

Edited by accuracy