WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

im sure it will fit because currently im using WA sling swivel... WA/Systema PTW sling mount will fit in WE, correct me if im wrong

nazio, why not you buy from EB, the price is much cheaper

http://www.ebairsoft.com/eb5ku-sling-swivel-p-2264.html

Hey guys!

Took my stock WE M16A3 out skirmishing with me today.

I was initially using Blaster 0.25g's, and as you recall from my last posts, my gun wasn't applying HOP at the last skirmish.

I decided it just needed bedding in - the whole thing seemed to be drenched in grease internally, and bathed in silicone oil in the HOP, I imagine.

Much better this time. It was overhopping most shots, but played up until lunchtime with it, to try and further bed the bucking in. Got some nice one-shot kills from a fair range (with a 20 metre M.E.D. remember)

This seemed to work, but even though it was only set half on, the HOP still applied itself way too much on the 0.25g's.

I then took out some Blaster 'Devils' 0.30g I had lying around spare (they're too light for my Tanaka rifles!!).

These work real nice. I set them so that it goes 40 metres dead straight, as normal, and then arcs up a little, and carries on. A slight overhop I guess, but it should produce some really nice range kills (which it indeed did, in the second half of the day!) For the record, the HOP is set just over half on... Maybe 3/4?

The majority now go where I want them to, but there is still a fairly high percentage of fliers. Three different types - some shots go low, some go laser straight, and some up and to the right (like a VSR 10). I attribute these to excess silicone in the HOP, and full expect them to disappear once I've put a few more mags through the gun.

Incidentally, another flawless skirmish performance from my WE M16A3 in terms of reliability - nothing broken, did exactly what I wanted to, really pleased with it so far!

Definitely DMR capable, and that's exactly how I'm using it.

Hope this is helpful.

Ben.

Airsoft 123, I placed a order 10 mins ago and someone said the paypal link is wrong. I was wondering if everything went through?

Hope old story with TS One is not going to happen again.

@airsoft123 - can You guys sort out PayPal requirements and then offer anything for sale ?

everything went through......they fixed the paypal problem a while ago. I read a older post on another forum and over reacted....sorry. Airsoft 123 got back to me in minutes and sorted everything out..........Well it looks like we have another company that is showing excellent customer service guys. I like what I'm seeing and plan to do more business with Airsoft 123.

everything went through......they fixed the paypal problem a while ago. I read a older post on another forum and over reacted....sorry. Airsoft 123 got back to me in minutes and sorted everything out..........Well it looks like we have another company that is showing excellent customer service guys. I like what I'm seeing and plan to do more business with Airsoft 123.
i got a shipping number off them(airsoft123),and like ebaybanned,it dose not exist lol...will wait and see :rolleyes:

Oops sorry! Ok will order some and try it. Has anyone got a review on it yet?

Edit: how do you guys order from AB? There's no where in the site I can make payment except paying direct from paypal. Problem is I don't know the shipping costs? Those who dealt with AB, what's the procedure like?

Edited by newcomer

Would anyone know what the "SNIPER" & "Ultimate Match" grade BBs are marketed as? Can't seem to find them in airsoftbuddy's site.

'SNIPER' Grade (BEST there is. Solid core, 0% internal bubbles, tolerance guaranteed at 5.95mm+/-0.01mm)

temp_3.jpgtemp_5.jpg

'ULTIMATE MATCH' Grade & OXYGEN BIODEGRADBALE (<5% internal bubbles, tolerance guaranteed at 5.95mm+/-0.01mm)

temp_6.jpgtemp_4.jpg

'COMPETITION MATCH GRADE' general purpose BBs

temp_1.jpgtemp_2.jpg

* our 'SNIPER' & 'ULTIMATE MATCH' grades BBs are tested & proven to be the BEST choice for ALL our AWSS platforms, incl. the new AWSS SCAR.

** ALL stock should be available for ordering in June

*** Dealer inquiries please contact via www.weairsoft.com

i got a shipping number off them(airsoft123),and like ebaybanned,it dose not exist lol...will wait and see :rolleyes:

had the same problem... don't use the first two caracters in the whole tracking n°. Worked for me... looking forward to receive my package and to see what they'll be offering in the future...

how do you guys order from AB? There's no where in the site I can make payment except paying direct from paypal. Problem is I don't know the shipping costs? Those who dealt with AB, what's the procedure like?

Shipping to UK is 35$. Apart that AB still dont give tracking number but is quick (5 business days to UK). Shipping costs it will add to You order automaticaly while You procerss the payment.

Edited by Nazio

^ yer i try'd helping him out, its comes up "not available" when wanting to ship to milaysia for some reason, try do the the order via email saying what you want and where its going ect (i've ordered a few things not listed that way)

as for tracking number from AB's just email william for it and he'll hook you up.

I took posession of my WE M16 yesterday and WOW - this thing is insane!! The recoil on CO2 is more than I expected and the rate of fire is just silly fast!! My mate got a CQBR and had a noticably lower rate of fire but stronger recoil. We put this down to mine having a harder recoil spring than his - is that right?

Apart from the forward assist button falling off during a burst of full auto the build quality is good. The plastic of the stock and fore-grips feels really tough. I have a few mm rotational movement on the foregrips (no concern about this at all) and the stock is solid with zero movement. The anodised finish is mainly good but there are a few specks where it shows through to the metal. Again I'm not bothered about this as it just looks like any gun after its been skirmished a couple of times. The trade marks are excellent.

The brass sleeve towards the rear end of the chamber (name?) which appears to screw onto the rest of it is a little loose which causes the hole (that the gas passes through to valve) to rotate out of line from the gas hole in the mags. This seems to cause the gas to be consumed quicker. When the hole is aligned properly I'm getting about 2 full mags per CO2 bulb (bearing in mind this a high flow valve). This should be easily fixed by tightening the chamber sleeve (name?) when I can strip it all down.

How do I get the brass chamber out so I can tighten it up?

We had a few shots in a wooded area (lighting was not good) but to be honest the bb's were coming out so fast we had trouble seeing them after about 15m - 20m and couldn't really see their path too well. It appeared that with the hop set completely off they were rising hard after about 30 - 40m. Our best guess was they were travelling dead flat for that first distance because of the power they were being shot out at and then the hop would kick in sending them skywards. We were using .25 bb's.

As I will be using mine in a DMR role I have no real concern for rate of fire so might get a weaker recoil spring and trade off some of the rof for extra recoil. Although to be honest it has a hell of a kick anyway!!! I think eventually I will do the semi only mod too.

I've not had a chance to see how accurate/consistant it is yet but it sure is fun - thats for sure!!

Edited by TrooperX
Apart from the forward assist button falling off during a burst of full auto the build quality is good.

You'll have to glue it again (not difficult job)

The brass sleeve towards the rear end of the chamber (name?)

Do You mean this ?

112b.jpg

Valve housing.

which appears to screw onto the rest of it is a little loose

Lock it with blue loctite thread locker.

How do I get the brass chamber out so I can tighten it up?

You will have disassemble upper receiver, check on wiki WE M4 guide (my guess they are built the same way apart the dimmensions). As soon as You'll get inner barrel with hop up out of upper reciever, You will find where pins are, and how to unscrew valve housing.

They are 'sole distributor', not retailer. I think.

I mailed them to ask if they have resellers, no answer....

Same experience here.

I need a new upper receiver but the distributor/ retail network does not seem to work. I tried all the Europeans and only one in Germany had the upper receiver but they don't take paypal or credit cards!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing that WETTI would agree to have a 'Authorized Sales/Parts/Service Center' that CANNOT take the normal payment methods- utterly useless.

One UK retailer listed as 'Authorized Sales/Parts/Service Centers'- www.landwarriorairsoft.com does not stock any parts. They just sell rifles and have no intention of selling parts. Not very helpful if you have anything wrong or need a part! The other UK retailer does carry some parts but not the full set.

I think there's something wrong if I have to order parts from overseas when there are supposedly two 'Authorized Sales/Parts/Service Centers' in the UK. Thank goodness for Hong Kong!

I would have thought that any 'Authorized Sales/Parts/Service Centers' would carry a full set of spares. Dissappointed.

Edited by bbstriker
Do You mean this ?

112b.jpg

Valve housing.

Yes. Cheers for the advice - Loctite it is.

You will have disassemble upper receiver, check on wiki WE M4 guide (my guess they are built the same way apart the dimmensions). As soon as You'll get inner barrel with hop up out of upper reciever, You will find where pins are, and how to unscrew valve housing.

Damn - was afraid I'd need to go through taking the outer barrel off - was hoping it would come out the other way, like an AEG!! Armourers wrench to order next then!!

Trooper X - Glad you finally got your WE M16A3!!

Cheers Ben - I'm looking forward to having a proper play with it :D

Anyone know if an airsoft armourers wrench is the right dimensions for the WE or do I need a RS one? Thought this had been asked but couldn't find it.

Edited by TrooperX