WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Olympic Arm???????? When did I miss this release?

Yeah, and their site says out of stock on all of their products because their not done putting up all of the products.

guys, we have them, but not many left...you just can't order them through the website. just send us an email or call us to get one.

dscn0689resize.th.jpg

dscn0698resize.th.jpg

The initial run of any cnc job is always alot higher to pay for the initial cost of paying an engineer to sit and create the cnc program(s) to make the parts, after that you can pretty much throw whatever you want into the cnc mill/whatever and create the parts out of wood, metal, cowpies, anything.

All I was saying was that 7075 (if that is actually what they are made of, which would supprise me) is a waste of money, 6061 would reduce cost in materials and tool wear while most of the reason you would pick 7075 are nonsense for an airsoft reciever.

Airsoft parts manufacturers are always trying to one-up the last guy "aluminium, CNC aluminium, DURALUMINIUM!!!" when in reality most of it is still made of the same ######, I really dont think they are doubling or more the material costs of making these parts for no reason.

Don't think it's even remotely possible to request for mill certs... You could take a sample to the local test shop for a quick non-destructive test on the material content. It's not really that expensive.

Btw, has anyone got a good and proper review on the co2 mags?

Do I have to use a blowtorch to loosen the rod?? isn't there another solution?

i didnt have to use heat, try this....

DSC00002-5.jpg

quote renegadecow "Heat is pretty much the only way to loosen the threadlock applied on it at the factory. I've tried using a candle and it still wouldn't budge. Ended up buying a complete nozzle assembly instead." lol

Edited by rvp69
Does anyone know if Ranger floorplates might work with WE mags, and should I try the RS version or the airsoft one?

I don't have any AR mags around to compare these with.

The RS ones might fit on. However it might be a pain in the buttox to fill the mag. If you drill a hole in it (level with the filling valve) I'm pretty sure you won't reach the valve with the nozzle of your gas bottle.

Would be the same as with a KSC glock i.e.

Why do so many people I know use the shorty grip? Is it really that comfortable?

Exactly.

This is the way I hold my M4.

img_0462i49q.jpg

First of all it feels very comfortable and second of all I can work the MBUS just by lifting my thumb like half an inch or so.

Also, the top of the curved rail panels gives you some kind of a thumb rest.

But the bottom lines is, whatever works best for you.

Edited by somegirls

It's me again

So my buddy was able to sort out the FPS issue, it's pretty down to a field legal power rating

Everything is in working order now except for the mag catch. We purchased a couple of those TSC Mag catch plates and fitted in some brand new mags I bought yesterday. Now they don't seem to catch when mag is empty

My bolt catch on the rifle is pretty intact so I'm not sure on why is this happening. Will try to engage and disengage the switch later as recommended by the wiki, but if you guys have better suggestions, it would be most appreciated

@Somegirls

I plan on doing the exact same thing to my rifle minus the anpeq. And yeah I also plan to grip my rifle that way once I get proper rails and a short front grip. Damn Chris Costa for making me spend more on the rifle!!

Edited by inque

Guys, I'm gonna try to add some additional content on the wiki site over the weekend. Is there anything in particular that you want to see added/modified? The user gun gallery will finally be fixed, so shoot me a PM with pics and a description of mods. I'm going to try to shoot some additional video guides as well. I know several of you have had requests like a detailed video guide of disassembling/reassembling the trigger pack, disassembling/reassembling the inner barrel/hop, etc. Toss up your ideas or shoot me a PM.

Why do so many people I know use the shorty grip? Is it really that comfortable?

Because Chris Costa told us so. Mine just came in the mail, so I'm no better.

The RS ones might fit on. However it might be a pain in the buttox to fill the mag. If you drill a hole in it (level with the filling valve) I'm pretty sure you won't reach the valve with the nozzle of your gas bottle.

Would be the same as with a KSC glock i.e.

I was thinking of using them for C02 mags, so they would need to be removed entirely to fill the mag.

according to that:

I'm writing a review about IPSCGM.COM and they are sending me the following item for free (brag ;) ) for testing purposes.

So if anybody's interested in review for the wiki let me know. I'm also capable of taking proper pictures.

1. PMC Cocking Handlings for WE M4 (Type A) US$39.99 (free for you)

http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main_page=...roducts_id=1496

2. PMC Cocking Handlings for WE M4 (Type B) US$39.99 (free for you)

3. PMC 7inch Outer Barrel for WE M4 (Black) US$59.99 (free for you)

http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main_page=...roducts_id=1498

4. PMC Aluminum Buffer for WE M4 US$18.99 (free for you)

http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main_page=...roducts_id=1495

5. PMC Anti-Rotation Links for WE M4 (Blk) US$18.99 (free for you)

http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main_page=...roducts_id=1499

6. PMC Anti-Rotation Links for WE M4 (Silver) US$18.99 (free for you)

http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main_page=...roducts_id=1500

7. PMC 10inch Outer Barrel for WE M4 (Silver) US$62.99 (this is the new price, but charged you the old price)

http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main_page=...roducts_id=1502

I also have the KAC style trigger guard and the steel charging handle.

Because Chris Costa told us so.

AFAIK he's never used a short foregrip ;)

Edited by somegirls
Guys, I'm gonna try to add some additional content on the wiki site over the weekend. Is there anything in particular that you want to see added/modified? The user gun gallery will finally be fixed, so shoot me a PM with pics and a description of mods. I'm going to try to shoot some additional video guides as well. I know several of you have had requests like a detailed video guide of disassembling/reassembling the trigger pack, disassembling/reassembling the inner barrel/hop, etc. Toss up your ideas or shoot me a PM.

What about a new buyer's guide to the WE M4. Like what parts to keep lubing, need to be sanded, glued(forward assist). Erm.... how to fix leaks... trigger pack disassemble... How to choose hop-up.... If the review section can be updated it would be great... If pictures added to the take down guide would be awesomely helpful.

If there is a waiting list on the forum about review and take down guides made by members the site would be completed really quickly... Just need someone to put them up....

Still haven't bought my WE M4.....Arms forces ran outta stock. Thought i could help... Sorry guys.

Edit: Exchangable parts with the WA M4. Like Outer barrels (if i remember), RIS(some), Stock, Sling Mounts. Some grips too, that i'm not too sure but today i diffidently saw a little dent thing on the suppsedly WA pistol grips.

Edited by alston251
I was thinking of using them for C02 mags, so they would need to be removed entirely to fill the mag.

How do the Ranger magpuls fit? I have no first hand experience of them but the design of the CO2 mags means it going to be pretty hard to add anything like a magpul I think. The base plate is slid into place and held by little sort of feet - its a fairly tight fit and needs to be to stop them form being lost during use. For the magpuls to work they would have to clamp/fit only to the base plate and still allow enough play to slide the base plate off to access the plug. I can't see it working really but I may be wrong.

How do the Ranger magpuls fit? I have no first hand experience of them but the design of the CO2 mags means it going to be pretty hard to add anything like a magpul I think. The base plate is slid into place and held by little sort of feet - its a fairly tight fit and needs to be to stop them form being lost during use. For the magpuls to work they would have to clamp/fit only to the base plate and still allow enough play to slide the base plate off to access the plug. I can't see it working really but I may be wrong.

The design is similar to a "real" floorplate, I'm probably just going to order some and try it out.

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/AR15-Maga...p;mode=threaded

just out of curiosity why hasnt putting the gas resovoir in the stock caught on?

it would have a much larger capacity and probably lessen the cooldown effect.

Because you could only fit 2-3 times the gas in the stock, so you would have an upper limit to how many mags you could carry and how you could fire them.

Not to mention if a magazine dies your out 40 bucks, if your internal res dies, your out a gun.

What about a new buyer's guide to the WE M4. Like what parts to keep lubing, need to be sanded, glued(forward assist). ....

Sounds very interesting!

P.S. About 'what to sand': anyone knows if sanding / polishing the metal-to-metal parts of the bolt carrier would make things run better / longer ?