WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Everyone has their issues with each different type of airsoft gun. The fact that WETTI is here to at least read and understand some of the issues and help out with questions is HUGE.

Whether it SHOULD be done by everyone else or not is a moot point because WETTI IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOES IT!

Keep up the good work WETTI, I'll be picking up an MP5 from you when the time comes. Might I suggest working on a GBB P90 =P

OMG that would be my 3rd dream come true. 1 m4 2 scar and 3 ...

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together it has confirmed a few assumptions. Using your diagrams and notes I can't say I have any reason to find fault with the way part #54 is working particularly since the TSC steel parts upgrade. My hammer and sear have a strong bite when they do connect. I wonder if the bolt carrier is failing to push the hammer far enough back/down to engage #54, my upgraded bearing roller appears to sit slightly lower than the stock one when running under the carrier, this might be lower still with the TSC hammer. Also the strength of the hammer spring might affect this, can anyone explain the correct placement of the hammer spring when assembling the trigger unit?

Still need to obtain some gas to see if the problem still exists for that source.

Once again thanks for your time and assistance.

you know whats weird a while back i put in the same bearings, lat piston head, nozzle, valve and stabalizer. and the gun wouldnt shoot when you pulled the trigger you had to slightly pull the charging handle back for it to fire. i still havnt got the gun to shoot bcuz the charging handle broke soon after. Tonite i just put in a steel charging handle, the c02 kit and the new barrel hopup set. didn't have time to shoot it, i will tomorrow.

if it doesn't shoot, i bet it is the bearings, i didn't even think of the bearings causing the problems.

Everyone has their issues with each different type of airsoft gun. The fact that WETTI is here to at least read and understand some of the issues and help out with questions is HUGE.

Huge?

When you buy a drilling machine at your local hardware store, discover some issues, get back to the hardware store you EXPECT the people there to repair it or replace it/give you advise, right?

The only HUGE thing here is the general lack of customer service in the airsoft world.

What WETTI is doing here is the first step forward but nothing worth considerable "huge" by any means.

Edited by somegirls
When you buy a drilling machine at your local hardware store, discover some issues, get back to the hardware store you EXPECT the people there to repair it or replace it/give you advise, right?

This is the point I was trying to make in a previous post!

You take it back to where you bought it from i.e. the hardware store and expect them to sort it. You DO NOT take it back to the manafacturer and ask them to sort it - your transaction was with the shop, not the manafacturer.

Do you expect Black and Decker to get involved when you are trying to get a refund from the hardware store for your drill? NO! If you went to the drill manafacturer with a problem they would tell you to go to the shop you bought it from to get it sorted - pretty standard stuff. So why are people expecting any more from the manafacturer of the WE rifles???

So how many people here have bought a rifle directly from WETTI? Unless you're a retailer - NONE!! So if you have a problem your first place to address any issues is WITH THE SHOP YOU BOUGHT IT FROM!! Any help from WETTI here is quite frankly a bonus in my view.

Edited by TrooperX
Has anyone that has ordered from Airsoft123 had any issues with the tracking number they provide? No matter what combination I use I can't get a valid hit when trying tro look it up through the HK post office site. (I believe someone mentioned having a similar issue)

I ordered last week and still haven't received a tracking number. Even after trying to contact them, I have not received it. What an excellent first (and last) purchase......

Guys. Can you move to the rifle and retailers related subjects please ? WETTI is doing his job, big or small always depends on different point of view. At least he gave us opportunity to say what we think about the product. Better have this chance than nothing. There is no need to pure all the ... on his head and argue each other. Just give it up and move on. I have also bad experience with retailers, not much money but always something and not the very first time i was fooled.

Edited by Nazio
Has anyone that has ordered from Airsoft123 had any issues with the tracking number they provide? No matter what combination I use I can't get a valid hit when trying tro look it up through the HK post office site. (I believe someone mentioned having a similar issue)

I was sent my tracking number today and it works.

Ordered on Saturday 11th, got a hand typed confirmation of payment on the 12th and got sent my tracking number + confirmation of postage today - great service, if they can keep it up I'll definitely be using them again.

Mine worked, but they ship in registered letter so we got no more info after it left HK (maybe you have in your countries, but in France we don't; not in registered letter); so it was quite useless :P.

I received it anyway and they're sending me a new one with the missing locking screw, so I'm pretty happy with this shop :).

Jus got a reply from Airsoft123: one letter was wrong(nahh can happen...lol)

Same thing happened here - Wrong letters.

I talked to Lou over at airsoft123 and he said that the screw missing on the uni-directional valve assembly was a mistake and anyone who got one with out he will make it up to you....email him. Also the new shipment he got all have the locking screw.

Thanks for the heads up. Mine came in with todays mail and didn't have the locking screw. I've sent an email to airsoft123 and I'm awaiting a response.

Starting to nail down that auto issue.

Behavior: After cocking the bolt, the trigger does nothing when it is in automatic, clicking the selector to semi and then back, without doing anything else, restores automatic, going to tear her down and take a close look at the trigger mech tonight maybe.

//edit, moving part #48 releases the hammer from being cocked and resolves the issue, which the bolt should be doing but isnt, no noticable wear on part 48 or the bolt

//edit 2, seems this is caused by the bolt not returning forward "enough" to reset the sear, the sear is usually nudged by the rear flange of the bolt

//edit 3, fixed, seems that the white spacer at the rear of the bolt was not seated far enough back, slightly mis-machined, a tiny bit of filing let the nozzle assem. fit far enough back, letting the bolt move all the way forward and nudge that sear, trigger resets, problem solved

TDS 1 WE 0

Edited by TDS
seems that the white spacer at the rear of the bolt was not seated far enough back

I am still trying to diagnose my semi/auto issue. I had noticed that my hammer roller was hitting the white stabiliser. Based on your findings (different issue I know) I decided it was worth cutting about 3 to 4mm off the end of the stabiliser. It might have improved the situation a little i.e. less auto when semi is selected but it's certainly not resolved :( I have also counted my shots and I can't get a full mag out of a single CO2 bulb at the moment, I really hope that these issues are related. The CO2 nozzle is supposed to be a 350-380 configuration so if anyone has a working CO2 rifle using this set-up let me know. I have tried branded with lube and no name without lube CO2 bulbs and they both act exactly the same.

I just want my rifle to work and I have no idea why it's acting like this it should be running well right now :angry:

WETTI, do you have any experience with this issue or any suggestions?

Mine is v.1 with CO2 conversion. I can confirm that fps after fitting up CO2 nozzle (bought in TQM shop) dropped to 350 - 380 fps. I did chrono at last milsim. But i experience often double shoots on semi. Something like short serie on auto. Also bolt cach is not operating on every CO2 mag, on propane does.

Edited by Nazio
Mine is v.1 with CO2 conversion. I can confirm that fps after fitting up CO2 nozzle (bought in TQM shop) dropped to 350 - 380 fps. I did chrono at last milsim. But i experience often double shoots on semi. Something like short serie on auto. Also bolt cach is not operating on every CO2 mag, on propane does.

Sounds like we have the same issues here. How many shots can you get out of a full mag?