WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Only thing i can think of is the barrel being seated wrong which leaves the bolt "locked" forward in a slightly forwards/backwards position, venting more gas into blowback than normal. Assuming your floating valve spring isnt broken or misaligned causing the floating valve to close very quickly.

Hm.

Thanks for your reply.

I did lube up my floating valve more.

And i just did a test putting 1 bb in the magazine at a time.

When magazine only had 1 bb. it fire flawlessly.

However when I have any more, the will often double feed....

Stock barrel does the same thing, but not as often as the new one for some reason.

EDIT----.....

So I just found out a lot more information.

I have no idea why my gun is double feeding, it is so wierd.

So what I did was put two bb's in the magazine.

Cock it to load the first BB.

Took out the magazine again to make sure that only 1 bb went into the chamber, by seeing that one was still in magazine.

Put magazine back in, with 1 bb in chamber and 1 bb in magazine.

Fired...

2bb's shot out.

WOW

Edited by accuracy
Hm.

Thanks for your reply.

I did lube up my floating valve more.

And i just did a test putting 1 bb in the magazine at a time.

When magazine only had 1 bb. it fire flawlessly.

However when I have any more, the will often double feed....

Stock barrel does the same thing, but not as often as the new one for some reason.

EDIT----.....

So I just found out a lot more information.

I have no idea why my gun is double feeding, it is so wierd.

So what I did was put two bb's in the magazine.

Cock it to load the first BB.

Took out the magazine again to make sure that only 1 bb went into the chamber, by seeing that one was still in magazine.

Put magazine back in, with 1 bb in chamber and 1 bb in magazine.

Fired...

2bb's shot out.

WOW

Does it do it with all magazines or just the one? I have a feeling that if it is just the one, it is probably leaking gas into the chamber after the first round is fired. What happens is after you fire the rifle, the first bb is shot, the bolt recoils allowing the next bb in the magazine to jump up and load. When the bolt returns home to load the bb into the hop, the magazine is leaking a slight amount of gas that enters the nozzle and sends the second bb out of the barrel. The amount of gas is so small that it doesn't trip the valve to send gas to the bolt. My guess is that the second shot probably travels about 3 or feet out of the barrel and nose dives.

2bb's shot out.

Well that's interesting.

here's a question, which side is the floating valve springon, is it on the rear of the valve pushing the valve forward or the front of the valve pushing the valve backwards?

In other words

nozzle----<= spring->valve =|----Blackguiderodthing

or

nozzle----<= valve<-spring =|----Blackguiderodthing

Does it do it with all magazines or just the one? I have a feeling that if it is just the one, it is probably leaking gas into the chamber after the first round is fired. What happens is after you fire the rifle, the first bb is shot, the bolt recoils allowing the next bb in the magazine to jump up and load. When the bolt returns home to load the bb into the hop, the magazine is leaking a slight amount of gas that enters the nozzle and sends the second bb out of the barrel. The amount of gas is so small that it doesn't trip the valve to send gas to the bolt. My guess is that the second shot probably travels about 3 or feet out of the barrel and nose dives.

yeah, that's sort of what I guess was happening as well.

I can't say that every time it happens.

But you're right, most of the time when i get double feeds, the first one can actually penetrate my cardboard target, and the second one just plops out.

The spring is towards the front, infront of the floating valve pushing it backwards.

I wish i had another magazine to test it out with.

It's just wierd that it appears to have happened right after my old nozzel snapped.

But my magazine isn't leaking or anything. wierd

Edited by accuracy

So i received my WE M4 GBB today, it's a V1 so it's shooting waaay hot in the 500/550fps range.

Anyway the bolt doesn't lock back when the mag runs out of bb's, the little sliding button on the mag is correct but the bolt just keeps going, and i can lock the bolt back manually.

Everything cicles smoothly its just that the bolt never locks back when there's no bb's left. Any pointers ?

Edited by danielsilva
Did you check your hopup rubber?

yeah b/c i have used two separate barrels. and also changed hopup on new barrel as well.

i'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

I have adjusted the hopup to different positions as well. makes no difference. : /

Edited by accuracy
Any obstruction in the barrel? Small bump of metal?

nah.

sigh, i'm pretty sure it's not the barrel.

it seems prestine.

My biggest guess is either the hammer mechanism or the magazine.

One of which is still letting gas continue to leak out of the chamber after it's been fired.

I don't have another magazine at the moment.

I can't find any used ones anymore online, and I can only see it on evike for 40.

The thing that bothers me the most, is that i don't know what's wrong.

I think it's either 3 things.

Magazine.

the valve assembly.

Or maybe it's #117 (but i dont' think so)

Is there a way to take apart the top of the magazine without ruining it?

Notice how like the rubber square that connects to the chamber is like towards the back, and creates a gap in the front.

is that normal?

DSCN0924.jpg

Edited by accuracy

@Accuracy

I think I know what's your problem. I experience the same thing when I got some replacement nozzles. When you chamber the first round you use the charging handle, which is relatively slow when compared to a bb being chambered by a by a previous shot. This allows the bb to be fed and sit where it should in the hop up chamber. So when I would fire the first round a second round would come out but at a slow velocity, hence double feed. What was happening was the momentum of the bolt upon firing was so great after the initial first round went off, the second round that was supposed to be chambered in the hop up, would get push past the whole hop up chamber and the remaining gas pressure would allow it to exit the barrel at a very slow velocity.

What I did was shave a milimeter of the tip of the nozzle and this allowed the bb to not get pushed past the hop up. After that I had no more issues. I was using modified brass nozzles at the time. Then I switched to the non-CO2 steel nozzles without any modification. The nozzle was fitting really tight into the hop up chamber but over time it loosened up. Strangley after putting a lot rounds through it works fine without modification. I have 2 WE M4's and my newer one was doing exactly what you rifle is doing. So I put the shortened steel nozzle in and it works fine. Hope this helps you.

@Accuracy

I think I know what's your problem. I experience the same thing when I got some replacement nozzles. When you chamber the first round you use the charging handle, which is relatively slow when compared to a bb being chambered by a by a previous shot. This allows the bb to be fed and sit where it should in the hop up chamber. So when I would fire the first round a second round would come out but at a slow velocity, hence double feed. What was happening was the momentum of the bolt upon firing was so great after the initial first round went off, the second round that was supposed to be chambered in the hop up, would get push past the whole hop up chamber and the remaining gas pressure would allow it to exit the barrel at a very slow velocity.

What I did was shave a milimeter of the tip of the nozzle and this allowed the bb to not get pushed past the hop up. After that I had no more issues. I was using modified brass nozzles at the time. Then I switched to the non-CO2 steel nozzles without any modification. The nozzle was fitting really tight into the hop up chamber but over time it loosened up. Strangley after putting a lot rounds through it works fine without modification. I have 2 WE M4's and my newer one was doing exactly what you rifle is doing. So I put the shortened steel nozzle in and it works fine. Hope this helps you.

Wow thanks!

What you are saying does make sense.

I will try that later tonight.

much appreciated, but let me try to see if maxing out the hopup will change anything.

but it's still wierd since i switched from my 500+ fps valve to my 400fps one.

and i've used both valves a lot before with no troubles ever, until just now

Edited by accuracy

Where the story begins ? Well i think with installation of CO2 nozzle with new housing, and plastic system stabilizer. Stabilizer was moving so i did glue it to back of carrier. But still rifle did not work properly. When i did install CO2 nozzle, then i was able to feel that rifle is charging with some resistance. Few events have gone, rifle did work, apart that double feeding. So when i did seal all my propane mags, decided to make full auto test. This is how it ended up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdXAaMCRsBM

Staright after this, i did decide to do the same thing with CO2 mag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3r_k9FGGCs

At the end i have disassembled the rifle and found this:

nozzle.jpg

System stabilizer did not put guide rod in center position, what was main reason of design. O - ring went off, and i am not willing to buy whole new nozzle or whole set. I did switch back to old housing and TS One steel nozzle (350 fps they claim - i know is above 400 fps).

But still i am not convinced what was the real reason. Was valve guide not centered ? And do i realy need that stabilizer thing ?

Edited by Nazio

Yeah I have heard similar stories about the stabilizer and fitment issues. On both of my guns I wrapped the screw that attaches the nozzle assembly to the bolt carrier with plumbers/teflon tape and I don't any issues. I just make sure that the nozzle assembly looks relative straight and tighten. Otto uses blue loctite which also works to keep the nozzle assembly from coming apart from the bolt carrier.

well.

I just tried to shave the nozzle tip a millimeter (measured w/ calipers).

And it didn't fix it, i think it made it worse.

Has anyone had troubles yet with this upgrade using propane?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/awss-stainless-...gn-p-31266.html

Edited by accuracy
Erm. I had my WE M4 suppressed on a skirmish today but everytime i shot someone is majorly shocked by the noise..

I experienced the exact same thing. I tried using a King Arms suppressor on my WE M16, and the noise increased dramatically. Will try the recommended method of increasing the distance between the inner barrel and the suppressor and see if there's any difference.

Do anyone of you know is there a "Copied" Surefire silence on the market, cos i really want to have it on my M4, just like those spec force in reality!

SureFire makes suppressors? O.o

This will turn my world up-side-down and open doors to new must-have's. Please supply linkage to their most beautiful suppressors.

So i received my WE M4 GBB today, it's a V1 so it's shooting waaay hot in the 500/550fps range.

Anyway the bolt doesn't lock back when the mag runs out of bb's, the little sliding button on the mag is correct but the bolt just keeps going, and i can lock the bolt back manually.

Everything cicles smoothly its just that the bolt never locks back when there's no bb's left. Any pointers ?

Like quite a few people I had some trouble with my bolt stop. The problem with mine was that the spring which is supposed to return the bolt lock is too strong, so even though the magazine is empty the spring pushes down on the magazine bolt stop. So cut a few coils of that spring and you should be OK. Try cutting of one at a time and stop before you go overboard. You don't want to end up with a limp bolt catch.

The wiki says this about the hop-up components....

"Take note when reassembling that the hopup ramp (#115) should be positioned so that the thin lip (pictured) is sitting against the adjustment collar (#113)."

So correct me if I'm wrong but I think this means that if you turn the adjustment collar downwards

when looking at the ejection port (or anti clockwise if looking down the barrel) it will REDUCE the amount of hop applied - correct?

Like quite a few people I had some trouble with my bolt stop. The problem with mine was that the spring which is supposed to return the bolt lock is too strong, so even though the magazine is empty the spring pushes down on the magazine bolt stop. So cut a few coils of that spring and you should be OK. Try cutting of one at a time and stop before you go overboard. You don't want to end up with a limp bolt catch.

Just did this on mine just now and it works a treat.

Sorry for the offtopic:

Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread: All your posts helped me to decide which M4 i'm going to buy(actually i'm buying an M4 and an M16 :P), is good to know that all WE problems can be solved ;)

I was in an inner fight between WA (either G&P or INO), KJW (which i tested) or WE, but i see there is more dedication on all WE owners (yeah, might be because all the others are playing instead of repairing, but i'm fine with that :D), so i'm going to add myself to this great "WE Community" ;)

Again, thanks and keep this great work you are doing

P.S: Special thanks to WETTI, for helping everyone in this thread ;)

Edited by Kowalsky

I'm playing. :P Do hate the wobble of my rail and the rust though.

I'll hate my hop up when i play outdoors at christmas tough.

Edit: one small question. Is there a Noveske X Vltor upper that fits the WE and the PTW?

If so does the rail have any wobble? I'm planning either getting a whole Noveske rail upper or just slap on a Noveske rail or LaRue rail?

Which one will eliminate the wobble with the least work? And which make? I'm disliking my Chinese MK18 DD rail with it's wobbles and it insanely out of spec. :( Masada has to wait.

Thankyou so much

PS: 9" inchers please.

Edited by alston251
I experienced the exact same thing. I tried using a King Arms suppressor on my WE M16, and the noise increased dramatically. Will try the recommended method of increasing the distance between the inner barrel and the suppressor and see if there's any difference.

SureFire makes suppressors? O.o

This will turn my world up-side-down and open doors to new must-have's. Please supply linkage to their most beautiful suppressors.

Yeah my small King Arms did the same but my Gemtech G5 suppresses the sound REALLY good, can't say for sure but it seems to reduce the sound print by half. Surefire does have a suppressor line, http://www.surefire.com/RifleCarbineSuppressors , but i don't find them really that attractive though.

Anyway you're talking about part #78 right ? I might try that but i think my problem is actually the opposite .. the bolt catch is quite limp already :blink: