WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

OK, update, I just switched back to the CQB barrel and the problem has gone away, then switched back to M4 length, problem returns. So basically something between the barrel and #117 is incompatible. What suggestions do people have? New Barrel? New #117? New brass housing? New Hop?

For some reason it just won't fire with the M4 length barrel, it loads the bb into 117 but the round then jams and won't leave the barrel.

On a side note, here is how she looks at the moment :D

P1030669.jpg

Edited by TwinTurboCH
OK, update, I just switched back to the CQB barrel and the problem has gone away, then switched back to M4 length, problem returns. So basically something between the barrel and #117 is incompatible. What suggestions do people have? New Barrel? New #117? New brass housing? New Hop?

For some reason it just won't fire with the M4 length barrel, it loads the bb into 117 but the round then jams and won't leave the barrel.

On a side note, here is how she looks at the moment :D

P1030669.jpg

She looks great. What's the nade launcher?

She looks great. What's the nade launcher?

Externals are:

King Arms 250mm lightweight silencer

Tasco 4x 32 scope

M16 carry handle scope mount

G&P RIS

Ares EGLM

CQD sling mount

G&P Crane stock

Thanks

Edit: Ding, page 300! WOW!

Edited by TwinTurboCH

As above, I don't think its a mounting problem since you've managed to install the older barrel and have it work, it's probably a 117 malformed problem.

I'm actually a bit concerned at overall quality in the wetti guns since doing my first to-the-screw take down of my rifle to get it up to sniper spec for next year, just misc finishing problems, some nozzle bits weren't finished at all so where the part was cut threads were starting to peel off the part, half the parts are slightly misaligned (checked multiple receivers) and the normal give of the system compensates.

Anyways

Has anyone tried this new "internal fin" stabilizer? I'm guessing it helps prevent nozzle rotation which reduces wingers that happen when the nozzle "strut" is lined up with the mag opening.

Also, I can't find anywhere with the cromed barrels in stock, I'd actually like a m16 length one but I'll take what I can gets.

2 mags of mine are leaking now, will try to seal when I take all of them apart to improve on them, anyone know the difference between the "upgraded" magazine valves on airsoftbuddy and the standard ones?

On that note, anyone tried using FastMag's with WE mags? I'm thinking of picking some up but am concerned with the feed lips smacking the inside of them and cracking.

On that note, anyone tried using FastMag's with WE mags? I'm thinking of picking some up but am concerned with the feed lips smacking the inside of them and cracking.

I find the feed lips to be fairly robust, but just the same, sticking a strip of foam/sponge/whatever in the bottom of the fastmag ought to do it.

It's possible. Could be that the channel that the roller (on the hammer) goes on was machined slightly deeper. If you're certain that neither #61 or #66 are to blame, you could try looking for a roller (ball bearing rollers will work too) that's slightly larger in diameter.

Thanks, that's a pretty good idea. I'm probably just going to get another disposable WE handle and save the DPMS as a backup for when it breaks.

I loaded up all eight of my CO2 mags for a game yesterday, and at the start of the first mission I was put in charge of a small assault team. Guided by a hidden recon element, we quietly took up a flanking position and waited for the perfect moment to spring our trap. I gave the order to charge, and instead of a mighty burst my WE gave out a pathetic hiss and a single BB dripped out of the barrel. I dropped under a bush to reload, and the next mag only yielded about five BBs before running out of gas. I reloaded again and agian, and each mag would vent the last of its CO2 with a hiss long before the BBs were exhausted. The enemy, sensing my weakness, advanced on my position and I was forced to surrender. With our line collapsed at its center my team was taking fire from both the front and the side, and they were soon defeated.

I replaced all eight CO2 powerlets, topped off my BBs and tried again with similar results. One of my mags does have a noticeable leak, but that doesn't explain why suddenly I am only getting an average of 15 shots per cylinder.

1) Is it possible that I got a bad box of CO2? It was a new box of Daisy (the Crossman brand powerlets are slightly larger and don't fit in some of my mags).

2) What could be wrong with my gun to cause gas waste? The only recent change was to replace a broken charging handle, before that I was getting at least 50 BBs per charge.

3) Is there a way to seal CO2 mags?

2) What could be wrong with my gun to cause gas waste? The only recent change was to replace a broken charging handle, before that I was getting at least 50 BBs per charge.

The gun will continue to vent gas until the bolt pulls the hammer off the valve, if the bolt handle "trench" is not deep enough, it could be requiring your bolt to take much more gas to get moving, therefore draining your mags quicker.

Could also be a leak, or part 66

I now have 3000 .36 BB's through my WE M4/Olympic arms trades. No issues, I did replace part #66 with a CNC piece and custom length valve guide rod dialing it down to 350-360 FPS. Nothing broke just thought I'd "get er done" before it did. I only use green gas mag's. I have six of them with no leaks, charged with propane. I use a little green gas every 8 or 10 fill ups to keep everything lubed. All the extra CNC and custom parts I had made sold out before I got them. I'm hoping to get more before Christmas, but the shop is busy as heck. The Only thing I do notice is some green residue from the green Spartan BB's left in the receiver/loading port where the nozzle/valve head meets it.

Edited by Special K

I bought WE M4 in February and last two weeks i bought another one but with trade. I love it so much and i'm so familiar to fix its problem. Last week i had a problem with my new one, it's lost its blow back pressure and found it that the delta ring was not locked properly causing the brass cylinder pressed up by the mag (i used scar mag which is slightly higher than m4's).

I now use scar mag and got more kick and the fps is more solid. it's because the rubber out put gas resulting in more solid compression to the brass cylinder, but of course as i said above you need ensure the inner and outer barrel are really really tight locked by delta ring to avoid the brass being pressed up by the mag.

So i recommend to use the scar mag.

Current project: i bought a dboys extended barrel with trade Nato 5.56 (made from aluminum) to replace the original steel one, and planned to anodize it including its front sight to be the same color with the real steel one (a bit greyish + brown). It will be happened also to my all magz, cause i dont like the color of em. In my opinion, the color of the magz is not match with the color of the receiver.

This is my old m4:

GI1.jpg

The dytac MUR costs actually the same ;)

Ahh... but I am only looking for the upper sir! :)

> http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=4370

I can't buy it directly 'cuz of the crappy @$$ customs here. Have to pay a premium through local shops... sigh...

Edited by jesTer
And i thought i was screwed for living in Spain and having to deal with my Customs... looks like the same everywere

Pretty much OT but just an FYI. Because 1) we can't import airsoft stuff ourselves and 2) corruption in the customs and police, we basically pay at least twice the listed prices from HK websites for everything. In fact, I paid TRIPLE of WGC's listed price for my v2 WE M4 when I got it. <_< The USD was at an all-time high during that time.

The gun will continue to vent gas until the bolt pulls the hammer off the valve, if the bolt handle "trench" is not deep enough, it could be requiring your bolt to take much more gas to get moving, therefore draining your mags quicker.

Could also be a leak, or part 66

Ahh, I like the thought that my issues are related. I don't think leaking is the problem, since I ran out of gas on all eight CO2 mags.

What if the channel in the DPMS charging handle is too deep rather than too shallow? Could that cause the gun to use more gas?