WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

how can you tell if the section of the hammer that engages part #66 is worn or broken?

Best to compare it to a working piece or good pics off the net. From what I've been reading, part #66 likes to get sheered into pieces (particularly the tab that the hammer presses against) instead of getting worn down. The hammer seems solid enough and have only read of problems related to wear against the sear/trigger, not with its engagement with #66.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Well unfortunately I have to rescind my praise for AirsoftBuddy, apparently he couldn't manage to label my package properly with my certified PayPal address. Just got off the phone with the post office and my parcel is already on its way back.

It sucks because I was about to place a big order with them.

I wonder if there is a working return address on the package?

Best to compare it to a working piece or good pics off the net. From what I've been reading, part #66 likes to get sheered into pieces (particularly the tab that the hammer presses against) instead of getting worn down. The hammer seems solid enough and have only read of problems related to wear against the sear/trigger, not with its engagement with #66.

Posted this in the SCAR review, but might as well post here as well:

Alright found the issue: it seems that when the hammer is pulled back, it isn't pushing up part #66 at all, it's pushing it to the side. Both my part #66's (PMC-T and stock) don't seem THAT worn, but yet it happens to both types. I took apart the trigger box and got my hammer out - I want ANYBODY to confirm that I do have a worn hammer (that small nub on the bottom that contacts part #66) and if I need a replacement or not.

IMG_9091.jpg

IMG_9092.jpg

If I do need a replacement, will the TSC hammer that's for the WE M4 work?

Ordered some spare spare parts from ab on 24th in early morning.

On the 27th he sent an email saying that order has been shipped and gave me tracking #.

I ordered some trigger springs, couple part#66, and a new trigger.

Edited by accuracy

I've just installed a Chinese 10" Noveske rail on my WE M4. And i just fired around 90rds, the rail is quite loose because the blowback has caused the barrel nut to come loose.

So, do you guys loctite your barrel nuts? Or what do you do? It's kinda pointless for me to tighten it after every skirmish. What do they use for real steel ARs?

Cheers

The gas tube usually stops it from turning.

edit:

As I suspected. Those made in China Noveske's might be copies of Madbull which insist in not putting holes in their barrel nuts to further their "airsoft-only" slogan. You could try and drill through it, but just using thread lock might be the easier solution.

Edited by renegadecow

Cheers that's the exact one. Other than i bought it from guns and guys.

Edit: I know what's wrong... The chinese replica doesn't have the bit of rail where it showed you to drill through in the pic. They just machined the whole chunk out. So you can fit it in easier...

Damn. What can i do now? Think all i can do is loc tite it down..

It's the second failed rail! My replica DD Mk18 rail rattles like crazy and now this doesn't keep the barrel nut in...

WE's compatibility issues are really giving me a tough time. :(

Edited by alston251

That's a nice looking rail, good to know about the issue since I was looking at it myself. Anyone have the ACM CASV mounted?

I need to retract my hasty criticism of Airsoftbuddy, I entered the wrong address on his website and the missed delivery was completely my fault. I placed another order; I just hope it's shipped as quickly as the first.

Going to go ahead and try that new CNC part 61+66 and 363mm barrel with the new hop, along with a few little bits I need really badly.

I have BOTH the madbull and the china SWS version, and as fare as I can tell there is space on both version to put a 2mm pin in them.

Also mounting this rail type on a WE, I have found that the rail hits the dust cover pin, so you will need to cut 1-2mm of the end of that, then the rail mounts flush with the resiver.

Ben: Huh? :huh: What you on about?

I assume you're not after the NPAS then.

If it's the Uni-directional thinge you're after it's the blue one you want for an ar, black one for the scar.

If that's not wot you want then i'm really confused...

jkpics: how is it supposed to stay in? Did you loc tight it in?

Edited by alston251

I just want to make my M16A3 adjustable, FPS-wise.

Apparently, I just need the NPAS kit and no other parts, right?

But there are two versions of the NPAS for the WE M4 - Version 1, and Version 2.

I assume I need the latest Version, but not sure.

Here's the link; http://www.ratech.com.tw/store/product.php?id_product=266

Ben.