WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Dear ALL,

The spare parts of WE GBB M4 are available at Airsoft Buddy now. Please refer to the photos that I took tonight. Just part of spare parts. All spare parts that you saw on the user manual are available. Except the magazine.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kcyauwil/WEGas...rbineSpareParts#

Airsoft Buddy

Gah. Any word about what might be necessary to fit an SPR length outer barrel? Surely someone has an AEG M4 barrel and a WE M4 that they can take pics of...

It has already been reported that AEG barrels do not fit the WE.

As for the bearing, that's a small step in the right direction.

Edited by slu
It has already been reported that AEG barrels do not fit the WE.

As for the bearing, that's a small step in the right direction.

Not bothered about inner barrel, I just want to see what needs to be done to get an AEG outer barrel set to fit. Luckily I've got an SPR sitting here doing nothing so I can see what the differences are when mine gets here in a couple of weeks.

Not bothered about inner barrel, I just want to see what needs to be done to get an AEG outer barrel set to fit. Luckily I've got an SPR sitting here doing nothing so I can see what the differences are when mine gets here in a couple of weeks.

Great, that would be perfect. I may be getting one to review from Airsoft Buddy--the CS from them is great, and will be doing the same. Please keep me posted when you get yours.

I'm also not bothered about inner barrel--EdGI will be making tightbores for this gun, so no sweat.

Gah. Any word about what might be necessary to fit an SPR length outer barrel? Surely someone has an AEG M4 barrel and a WE M4 that they can take pics of...

Hello everybody :)

Here is a picture of the junction between the outer barrel and the upper receiver:

ol31576850754.jpeg

now when you pull back the upper

ly98324089968.jpeg

completely disassembled

gf24776521977.jpeg

vc43061477993.jpeg

beautiful, thanks. It actually looks to me like the outer diameter is the same, so all we should have to do is just remove the top bar or cut the receiver to fit it. I'm aware that the inner barrel isn't the same, but it looks like the outer diameter of the inner barrel is still close enough to an AEG barel--its just that it's got a gas gun cut, not a AEG cut. I'm going to probably be getting one shortly from airsoft buddy and will do an SPR conversion. I'll keep you all updated with my progress, assuming twinturbo doesn't beat me to it.

beautiful, thanks. It actually looks to me like the outer diameter is the same, so all we should have to do is just remove the top bar or cut the receiver to fit it. I'm aware that the inner barrel isn't the same, but it looks like the outer diameter of the inner barrel is still close enough to an AEG barel--its just that it's got a gas gun cut, not a AEG cut. I'm going to probably be getting one shortly from airsoft buddy and will do an SPR conversion. I'll keep you all updated with my progress, assuming twinturbo doesn't beat me to it.

Good luck to you! It (the chamber cut, if you will) looks vastly different to me, but if you think you can do it, I'd be very interested in your report.

Edited by slu
Good luck to you! It (the chamber cut, if you will) looks vastly different to me, but if you think you can do it, I'd be very interested in your report.

I agree, it's most likely going to require a fair bit of work, but I've already got the SPR and I want the M4 anyway, so I might as well see what's required to get it fit, if it's doable, I'll just buy another SPR front end :D

Crimsonfalcon07 - go for it mate, who'll be the first to have a Mk12 Mod.0 gas blow back? :D

Edited by TwinTurboCH

Inner barrel is obviously vastly different in cut. But it looks to have a similar outer barrel, and the external shape is virtually identical. In fact, it looks like all I have to do is cut down the back of the barrel to match, and file down the bump depicted here:

DSCN0096_029.jpg

The AEG barrel is longer, but it looks like it should be pretty simple to cut off the back portion, and with that done, it looks like there's a decent chance it will fit.

DSCN0095_028.jpg

After doing a bit of research on rail systems, Ive found two DD's available that are ACM.

The 7.0 Omega that has been confirmed to fit the WE, and the one I just ordered, which is the Mk18 RIS II.

I am completely not sure if the MK 18 will work on the WE since it is a bolt on ring design. From the pictures, would this fit a WE solidly? Or even at all? Im afraid to ask since i just ordered it from EB.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1929

And here is the Omega which uses the stock Delta Ring.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1707

Look on the internet for a guide for Lite rail installation, you should find one. The DD RIS II installs the same way. As you no doubt have guessed, it requires the removal of the stock delta ring and barrel nut, not a very difficult task if you have the right tools (AR armorer's wrench and some sort of bench vise would be ideal). If the front receiver thread and diameter of the WE is real steel spec, I don't see how it won't fit.

The Omega rail was specifically designed such that the the stock delta ring and barrel nut assembly is still used, yet the rail achieves free float (i.e., better than the KAC RAS). Other than a quarter maybe, or another coin, it's practically tool-less.

This is all assuming your ACM DD RIS II knockoff is an exact copy of the actual unit. Since you've already ordered it, the best thing to do is to find out for yourself. It's been said many times that no one really knows because no one has done it. Sometimes you just gotta be the first.

What makes you doubt the fitment?

Edited by slu
After doing a bit of research on rail systems, Ive found two DD's available that are ACM.

The 7.0 Omega that has been confirmed to fit the WE, and the one I just ordered, which is the Mk18 RIS II.

I am completely not sure if the MK 18 will work on the WE since it is a bolt on ring design. From the pictures, would this fit a WE solidly? Or even at all? Im afraid to ask since i just ordered it from EB.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1929

And here is the Omega which uses the stock Delta Ring.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1707

Hey Kai

As far as I know there are 2 replica DD MK18 RIS II, one is in greyish colour and the other one is in Black colour. The thread of barrel ring of the grey one is not RS measurement so it can't fit on the WE upper receiver.

Hey Kai

As far as I know there are 2 replica DD MK18 RIS II, one is in greyish colour and the other one is in Black colour. The thread of barrel ring of the grey one is not RS measurement so it can't fit on the WE upper receiver.

Maybe if you could source a real DD RIS II barrel nut separately, that perhaps would solve the problem.

Edited by slu
There should be a bearing wheel produce by a company(sorry,I forgot which one) available soon. It replaces the metal wheel on top of bolt carrier

..is THAT a neccessary upgrade? :D

Not really, I don't think so. However It shouldn't cost much to replace it.

Looking for some quick anwsers:

1) Can the end of the 14.5 inch barrel kjust simply be taken off to get the 10 inch barrel, or is a new barrel needed?

2) Do replica pistol grips work on the WE, i read that the WA grips fit with slight mod, but how about the usual airsoft grips- like King arms etc...

3) Any info on accuracy? I unerstand they have a tightbore installed, but does it actually accuratley as a stock aeg or one with the same diameter barrel?

Looking for some quick anwsers:

1) Can the end of the 14.5 inch barrel just simply be taken off to get the 10 inch barrel, or is a new barrel needed?

2) Do replica pistol grips work on the WE, i read that the WA grips fit with slight mod, but how about the usual airsoft grips- like King arms etc...

3) Any info on accuracy? I unerstand they have a tightbore installed, but does it actually accuratley as a stock aeg or one with the same diameter barrel?

1.) Yes you can do that, just simply "Unplug and play". Remind you that your flash hider have to be 14mm diameter which screw in clockwise direction.

2.) For WA grips you may need to drill a 2-3mm diameter hole as a housing for a spring. I tried a after market grip for WA M4 but there may be a gap between the tripper guard and pistol grip. Also, AEG grip will not fit on to WE.