WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I just remembered something I wanted to ask!

Coco, since you have a pair of calipers could you please take a measurement of the buffer tube width so we will be able to know if it is "commercial" or "mil-spec" width?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ntificaiton.png

If you could that would be really appreciated!

IIRC, you mentioned a while back that you put a KA replica MOD Stock on the WE. If that was correct, I believe the KA MOD stock is based on a real VLTOR MOD stock which are all mil-spec (hence the reason why VLTOR offer a stock combo package which includes a mil-spec buffer tube). A mil-spec retractable stock has a smaller inner diameter space than a commercial spec stock. Therefore, if a mil-spec stock works on the WE, a commercial spec one will work too (except it'd be a tad looser).

So by all this reasoning ... if someone were looking for a stock to use with the WE M4, either a mil spec or a commercial spec stock will work. But it'd still be nice if coco could take a quick measurement to put the question to rest. ;)

Edited by uscmCorps
Hi,

Has anyone in the UK ordered from Airsoft Buddy and not recieved their gun yet?

I ordered last friday and despite assurances that one had been posted i've not had a tracking number.

I've emailed twice and had replies with promises of numbers but to no avail.

I just want to share in the love!

Snake

I ordered from airsoft buddy last week also, however my parcel is stuck at customs ''pending customs charging'' since the 12th :(

I did get a tracking number via email, mine was posted well before this according to the tracking details.

The anticipation is killing me!

Cheers

Luke.

can someone source me a Larue Tactical barrel nut? im having a hard time finding one. i want the RIS rails that wrap the front sight, but the only RS versions (that i can find) are 300+ dollars. but, i have found an airsoft replica made by D-Boys and i have a strong feeling that it wont have the correct threading.

i got back the email from socomgear. basicly they told me that there was complicated reasons they cant ship to the US and just to buy it from another country.

Edited by Horsem4n
I just remembered something I wanted to ask!

Coco, since you have a pair of calipers could you please take a measurement of the buffer tube width so we will be able to know if it is "commercial" or "mil-spec" width?

BufferTubeIdentificaiton.png

If you could that would be really appreciated!

I have measured it and its MILSPEC, I have ordered a MILSPEC MagPull CTR stock for mine.

What I've noticed about the magazine, there's still been a very small leak in the hammer valve after each time I've refilled it. It is barely audible and I really have to take the mag to my ear to hear it. And after a short while that has stopped. I haven't shot as many mags worth than Jin for example, but it doesn't concern me much. Seems these mags are overall superb for the price you have to pay for them.

And for the optics, I've had G&P aimpoint replica before. It can take quite a rough ride and the point keeps it's place very well. I banged it so many times it should have been busted... So I don't have a doubt that it couldn't work fine with WE M4. Actually I'm getting a new one for my M4, since I sold the previous with the gun I had it on.

Just as a curiosity, I tried to install the handguards, sliding stock and flash hider from my WGC Custom XM177E1 and they all fitted perfect. All of them G&P parts. I think I could "mask" it as an XM177 for vietnam scenarios. If only I could get an A1 upper that fitted it, I could get it to look like almost perfect XM177.

xx-treme: Where did you order your CTR stock? I've been thinking of getting one myself. I'd like to have a milspec too.

Edited by Lupus78

While ASGI does have a WE M4, I must agree with poison123, that comment shows a serious lack of familiarity with the AR-15 series. Sure there are similarities between the WE M4 and the real rifle but it wouldn't take more than a few seconds for someone to notice it wasn't a real firearm.

Either way it's a nice GBB. Looking forward to reading a few in depth reviews from those who have taken it out to play.

Hello all :)

here is the size of the stock tube, in inches (not familiar to me ;) )

df30645442526.jpeg

So it measure between 1.143 inch to 1.147 inch depending the place i measured it and it have a flat back, so it's mil-spec.

Jin15 : i haven't got the way to cast the model by myself, i'm making the blueprint hoping that the kind man who offer you to cast one can do it.

Hey Guys.

I have been considering adding a GBB M4 to my collection and up until a few hours ago, I though my only option was the WA- M4 which costs $380 from E Hobby. Now I have discovered that We tech also offer a GBB M4 $330. I have been looking though reading though this forum and well, My question is

Which one should I consider the Wa or the WE as they are almost the same price, is there any thing I should be aware of between them.

Many Many Thanks Guys

Hey Guys.

I have been considering adding a GBB M4 to my collection and up until a few hours ago, I though my only option was the WA- M4 which costs $380 from E Hobby. Now I have discovered that We tech also offer a GBB M4 $330. I have been looking though reading though this forum and well, My question is

Which one should I consider the Wa or the WE as they are almost the same price, is there any thing I should be aware of between them.

Many Many Thanks Guys

Without a doubt the WE GBB M4!

B.

I would say definitely WE M4. No question about that.

You'll save yourself a LOT of trouble that way. But that's just my opinion. I haven't actually owned a WA M4 before. And if money is an issue, WEs magazines cost only one third of the WA mag price. WE is full metal like Inokatsu (although body is only cast aluminum and not forged as in Inokatsu) with only third of Inokatsu price. WE's gas system is highly efficient and VERY reliable. WE can take green gas easily without heavy upgrades. I could continue the list on and on why I actually chose the WE M4. But Jin on the other hand gave his opinion just a while ago. And since he owns the WA too, he's the one you might want to listen.

Oh, and if the too hot fps is a problem, there's aftermarket nozzle parts in development that will drop it to tolerable level.

Here's Jins comparison.

Edited by Lupus78

So let me tally the problems encountered by people who bought the retail version of the WE.

- Leaky mags right out of the box that fix themselves with use (Lupus' case), are fixed with moderate application of silicon oil (Jin's case), or cannot be fixed (acem4's case).

- Cracked rear upper receiver tab right out of the box (cocofr69's case).

- Broken bolt catch after 500 rnds fired (Jin's case).

- Loose valves on magazine after 500 rnds and repeated dropping onto carpetted surface (Jin's case, reparable).

Note that all these problems have been reported, the only repeat offender is the leaky magazine. Tell me if I miss something. Certainly this is no TM, but we weren't expecting that out of a V1 from a semi-startup manufacturing like WE. I'm overjoyed that someone other that W frickin A decided to go the GBB M4 route, and that the outcome is not a total peice of ######. I just hope again that an aftermarket develops, if not from the usual people who for whatever reason up and supported the WA in a week, then from new people like SAA.

As for ASGI's choice, it's really a shame, though I can't say I blame them if they're based in California. WE has the potential to have something twice as skirmishable as the WA at a quarter of the cost, and there is absolutely no way it is more realistic than the WA, at least in terms of operation.

Leaky mags right out of the box that fix themselves with use (Lupus' case).

I've used some silicone just as Jin did. After some refills and adding silicone once a while, these mags should be fine. We'll see if acem4 will get his mag to working condition. Has he tried greasing the o-rings with something thicker than just silicone oil? That has done the trick usually for my other gbb-magazines... Especially on hammer valves.

About the rifle so far, I've found actually nothing that I could improve in quality, except the weak bolt stop. According to SAA, WE already ships their new rifles with steel bolt stops. And hopefully the cocos receiver was just a rare lemon. Magazines are also more than fine for their price. And of course there's a need to drop the fps to more tolerable levels in most countries. But that seems to be relatively easy to remedy with aftermarket parts.

I think for a first rifle ever for WE, this seems like a clear winner. And nothing less.

My favourite airsoft gun, ever.

PS. I don't think the aftermarket business in general is as enthusiastic of this gun, since there's so little you can improve. On WA you wanted to change 99% of the parts. Plus this gun WILL eat a lot of potential customers for WA. ;)

Edited by Lupus78

For those pondering a WE M4 versus a WA M4, I agree with Lupus completely.

Although the WE M4 has had a few little problems they have all been easy to fix, with the exception of the broken bolt stop which I should be getting a steel replacement for in the mail from Airsoft Buddy for free. Tuning the power down to a more skirmishable level should be pretty cheap and simple once SAA releases their lower powered cylinder valve set.

The Western Arms M4 on the other hand has lots and lots of problems that are not so easy (and very expensive) to fix. Currently I see no reason why anyone should buy a Western Arms M4 instead of the WE M4.

I firmly believe now, after putting about 3,500 rounds through my WE M4, that this will be the gun that brings Gas Blowback back to the skirmishing masses ^_^

And coco, thank you very much for the buffer tube measurement! This confirms that it is indeed milspec in size! :D

Edited by Jin15
I've used some silicone just as Jin did. After some refills and adding silicone once a while, these mags should be fine. We'll see if acem4 will get his mag to working condition. Has he tried greasing the o-rings with something thicker than just silicone oil? That has done the trick usually for my other gbb-magazines... Especially on hammer valves.

About the rifle so far, I've found actually nothing that I could improve in quality, except the weak bolt stop. According to SAA, WE already ships their new rifles with steel bolt stops. And hopefully the cocos receiver was just a rare lemon. Magazines are also more than fine for their price. And of course there's a need to drop the fps to more tolerable levels in most countries. But that seems to be relatively easy to remedy with aftermarket parts.

I think for a first rifle ever for WE, this seems like a clear winner. And nothing less.

My favourite airsoft gun, ever.

PS. I don't think the aftermarket business in general is as enthusiastic of this gun, since there's so little you can improve. On WA you wanted to change 99% of the parts. Plus this gun WILL eat a lot of potential customers for WA. ;)

All true, except by aftermarket I meant mostly external improvements. It certainly can't hurt to have the option of a 20" barrel, or a lower that actually has rollmarks.

Edited by slu