WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Jin used an o-ring around his inner barrel to align it inside the outer barrel. I did the same with some rounds of teflon tape. We both have the short inner barrel installed. And mine worked just fine last sunday when I used it in skirmish.

My gun seems pretty solid piece. Nothing has been broken or dropped out yet. But I've disabled the bolt stop until I get the steel one (as Airsoft Buddy and WE suggested to do). And the magazine seems to work great without any leaks anymore. Just some use, refills and silicone sprayed inside the valves once a while. Considering the minority of most faults, this gun really is skirmishable out of the box. And definitely worth every single penny paid for it. Just don't expect 100% problem free gun. There's no such thing in airsoft, as you should know by know...

Skippy and other happy new owners: Welcome to the club! B)

Edited by Lupus78

Well there are perfect OOTB guns in airsoft, and its the Real sword Type 97s. Unfortunately, no fault of RS, it has bugger all battery space, and a long trigger pull. I have mine working on an 1.9J and a 7.4v 1500mah Lipo, its cycling at around 750-800rpm but the long trigger pull makes it slow to react.

As for the WE M4A1, I switched to the short barrel also, and yeah the accuracy improved because of the alignment issue affects longer barrels more than short barrels. I now have a systema brass ring that usually goes on their one piece hop units to stabilise the barrel superglued onto the inner barrel. The issue now is that even on lowest hop setting on 0.2gs my BBs are hopping way high. 0.25g BBs are better but still hopping a little higher than point of aim.

But using 0.25gs oh s**t it has a bit of range! Its outranging my M150ed Star SLR!

I can't wait till there are more mags for it, I am hoping someone will come up with a C Mag for this? :D Forward assist works, and its not recommended to ride the action forward.

As for the semi, I requested airsoftbuddy to convert it to semi as my country forbids importation of automatic projectile launchers, including nerf guns.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

mine just came in the mail....

and so far everything that has been said about it seems to be holding true. i didnt have any problems with the mag leaking but that might have been because i sprayed it with some oil on all the valves first. and wow does it have a kick...definately like a .22

now i need to get out and test the accuracy and distance on it

Yes, the forward assist is functionnal, and usefull if you release the charging handle too "smoothly" and if it don't lock full forward. It happened to me once, and i clearly see the bolt beeing closed by the forward assist. I think it can avoid the charging handle breaking issue.

m16a2-5.jpg

this is the parts of the forward assist. The part n°5 is in two parts wich seems to be glued together, but the original glue is not enough strong. So, a little bit of glue, it stay in place, and you still can disassemble it by removing the pin.

Lol Carsten, I thought the same thing. Glad to hear it is just a glue problem. One might want to take all of the advise on this thread and go ahead and reinforce those parts to save the frustration of lost parts, so to speak. I cant wait to get mine, I just have to sell my VFC first, among other things.

Well it can be an issue. When the forward assist button pops out, the return spring goes with it, and when the gun cycles there is a small possibility that the forward assist bits (parts 2 3 and 4) is forward, and that may get caught with the bolt. Doesn't seem to matter firing, but field stripping it can be a pain. But I glued it back so its ok.

Absolutly great!

hmmm i am very interested in the fps with co2, does anybody have a madbull co2 adapter?

Alright, to clear up the misconception i think most of the posters in this thread have regarding co2, it does not necessarily mean that it will increase the fps. If mags come out that use the co2 capsules then the fps is entirely dependent on how the internal regulator inside the mag is set. Meaning that the FPS could very possibly be even lower than with propane if the manufacturer decided that.

CO2 compresses into a liquid at 800-900psi which means no airsoft gun except a custom made few (Piper's Miniguns, strafers etc) could possibly run off unregulated co2. This is also another reason why that madbull co2 adapter does not necessarily also mean that the fps will be higher. Sure you can set the adapter to pressurize the mag to a higher pressure than propane would be which would probably get you a higher fps for a shot or two. The reason I only say pressurize and not fill is because as i said before CO2 becomes liquid at 800-900psi meaning you would only be able to get 1-2 shots off a regulated co2 filled mag because it does not become a liquid like a duster or propane would.

This is why speculating about the fps on co2 is meaningless. I realize many of the people on this board may not have a very extensive background in gas guns so I hope I helped a bit.

Edited by whosloosin92

I think a lot of people believe the advantage of CO2 over propane is power. While it is possible to have greater power the real advantages are during cold weather play. Because of the higher pressure CO2 has a lot more room to drop in PSI before your gun will begin to feel the effects.

For example any gun using a conventional liquid, unregulated gas like duster or propane feels the effects of temperature on every shot because the psi is always changing. If you have a CO2 mag and the internal regulator is set at say 110psi the pressure of the gas entering the gun won't change until the pressure in the co2 capsule has dropped from ~850 down below 110psi. It does happen but not nearly as bad as it would with a unregulated mag.

Full auto firing would be far more likely to be much more stable as well.

Edited by whosloosin92

I just took a gander over at AS-R and some who handled the gun, to which might have been a prototype stated that the internals of the WE were of a lower quality metal. I am just asking to recall, was it specifically stated that the bolt was CNC steel? Or Steel and not a cheaper alloy? I know the exposed tube is brass, but I mean specifically the other metal parts excluding the charging handle as I know that AB and WE are or have sorted that issue out.

anyone know if normal AEG RIS/RAS systems will fit in it?

im thinking about getting rid of my aegs to get this bad boy!

-randy

I'd go ahead and say anything made by G&P or King Arms should fit. The dimensions are "real steel" spec.

Edited by slu

man, this thing is a broken record!

if you want the answer from a guy that read and understood the entire topic and did recearch of his own (paying atention to the dates of articles) read the lines below. but if you want to ignore me cause i dont own the gun, disreguard my post...

the gun is almost completely STEEL. awsome quality STEEL except for a select few parts that are brass and the recivers is cast aluminum. the rest of the body bits are mostly steel but some may be aluminum aswell.

the only parts in question on the production model are the charging handle (aparently doesnt feel solid) and the bolt catch, which is already fixed and is now steel aswell.

what aeg ris are you talking about, Randull? the ones that com with their own barrel nut and stuff may not fit, but the ris systems that slip into the place of the handguard only need a little modification to fit.

BLARG!

excuse my spelling, i canot download the spell corrector or have a word processing program with a spelling editer...

Edited by Horsem4n
But using 0.25gs oh s**t it has a bit of range! Its outranging my M150ed Star SLR!

Try G&G 0.28g biodegradeables. Oh boy do they fly indeed. Straight and true. Great quality bb's.

I can't wait till there are more mags for it, I am hoping someone will come up with a C Mag for this?

Yes, the developer of the gun is told to be working on higher capacity standard mags AND a c-mag. Told to me by SAA who is supposedly a friend of the developer. Full-auto mayhem ahead...

So you put some tape or an o ring around the inner barrel to keep it from wobbling around in the outer barrel?

Yes. That seems to work great.

anyone know if normal AEG RIS/RAS systems will fit in it?

I bought this one. Fits fine and looks good. Pretty solid, but there's just small play around the axis of the barrel and I just fixed that with a separate acog scope ris-bottom part that locks on both the body ris and handguard ris. Solid as a rock now. And the alignment is perfect with the body, since I was able to do that easily.

Go with Airsoft buddy...they seem to have them in stock and they have very personal service.....definitely have to give airsoft buddy 2 thumbs up.

All AB customers here definitely have been really satisfied customers. His communication and customer service has been top quality. A lot better than with WGC or Redwolf in my experience. Thumbs up!

And good to hear that the forward assist problem ain't that bad.

Edited by Lupus78
I ordered one through Airsoft Buddy a few weeks ago and nothing has turned up yet.

I'd like to hear how long similar orders have taken to arrive to the UK and how much the customs charges were.

Snake

I have ordered one from Airsoft Buddy too, they dispatched it really quickly and since its reached the Uk its been sat at customs ''pending charges'' according to the Parcel Farce website :( I had a similar wait though when I imported a Inokatsu '60.

Not AB fault though, everything went smoothly at their end.