WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

My bolt jammed to the rear twice yesterday--I guess backing the buffer tube out from the lower didn't fully solve the problem. Maybe the Gen 1 spring is weaker since it was developed before CO2 was an option, or it weakened over time; but still I would have assumed that the buffer assembly would put a hard stop to the bolt before it could jam.

I'm going to drop some rubber washers into the buffer tube to move the "bumper" forward a few mm.

Also, don't forget to use blue Loctite on your NPAS; I was in the middle of a mag change and noticed the guide rod spacer sitting on top of my empty mag. I'm lucky I didn't ruin anything.

In other news, there's a stronger hammer spring and improved firing pin assembly available from Airsoft123 (and at Airsoftbuddy for more photos).

The TSC assemby looks superior to the RA-TECH one I have, with increased surface area where the hammer strikes #61 and the beefy firing pin. Plus, you don't have to scrounge any parts from your stock assembly.

The TSC assemby looks superior to the RA-TECH one I have, with increased surface area where the hammer strikes #61 and the beefy firing pin. Plus, you don't have to scrounge any parts from your stock assembly.

I have both TSC and RA-TECH.

I would not purchase TSC, their quality is questionable and whether it will fit without problems is another story. RA-TECH's parts are a direct drop in and require zero modification.

The beefy firing pin strikes the outer casing of the magazine, and causes cycling problems, and damaging the casing when this happens.

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask for your help. Forgive me that I do not read back, 320 pages is really much and I don't have that much of free time lately. :(

What I would like to get to know a bit is your experiences about the latest gens.

How reliable they are? Just briefly.

I'm most interested in the new 4168. Is it CO compatible? Does anyone have it?

Thank you guys!

I can't decide between the WE 4168 and the KJW M4... :)

Hi guys,

Please for your help, I searched the forum but didn't found something that quite fits my problem.

My new m4 (CO2 ver. with NPAS) is having serious problems out of the box. First shots it would cycle once, then second shot a bb would drop out of the barell and then the valve would get stuck (trigger click, no cycle and pulling the handle would release the trapped gas) even dry firing. I tried many different things; I adjusted the NPAS, then replaced it with the factory nozzle (locktite everywhere), I tried cleaning the hopup and the chamber from excess silicon oil. All these with propane (2 different mags).

After dozens of trials and adjustments and using CO2 now the gun mostly cycles ok but i get constant double feeds. Sometimes I can fire a almost a whole mag semi and auto before it starts constant double feeding. Last mag it started smashing bbs (the nozzle seems to hold up for now)

What could it be? The hop up? The nozzle(s)? some other obscure little part?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Please for your help, I searched the forum but didn't found something that quite fits my problem.

My new m4 (CO2 ver. with NPAS) is having serious problems out of the box. First shots it would cycle once, then second shot a bb would drop out of the barell and then the valve would get stuck (trigger click, no cycle and pulling the handle would release the trapped gas) even dry firing. I tried many different things; I adjusted the NPAS, then replaced it with the factory nozzle (locktite everywhere), I tried cleaning the hopup and the chamber from excess silicon oil. All these with propane (2 different mags).

After dozens of trials and adjustments and using CO2 now the gun mostly cycles ok but i get constant double feeds. Sometimes I can fire a almost a whole mag semi and auto before it starts constant double feeding. Last mag it started smashing bbs (the nozzle seems to hold up for now)

What could it be? The hop up? The nozzle(s)? some other obscure little part?

Thanks in advance.

From what you're saying it looks like the nozzle, everytime i've seen double feeds someone was using the NPAS and it was incorrectly installed. There were two situations where a BB would drop from my barrel, again one of them was because of the nozzle. First time it happened was when i installed the CO2 kit in my v1 M4 and forgot to put the litle black rubber that stops/seals the chamber and when i installed the NPAS and for some reason it would push the BB further down the barrel AFTER the hop-up.

What BB's are you using ?

Well, looks like I should go for the KJW then. The latest gen WE s#cks as well. :(

Thanks. :D

My WE's have been doing great, i even bought a new WE M16 which should arrive next week. I actually considered the KJW M4 but with so many parts/accessories that were not compatible, the lack of after market parts and the emergence of a few parts to be replaced without anyone carrying these parts and having to buy them directly from KJW, i just gave up. Maybe i'll consider it again if more retailers or parts begin to come out.

My WE's have been doing great, i even bought a new WE M16 which should arrive next week. I actually considered the KJW M4 but with so many parts/accessories that were not compatible, the lack of after market parts and the emergence of a few parts to be replaced without anyone carrying these parts and having to buy them directly from KJW, i just gave up. Maybe i'll consider it again if more retailers or parts begin to come out.

That is a problem now but I think the coming spring will give a big push to the market and KJW might become a very serious threat to WE.

On the other hand I still prefer WE's HK416 and the ability of using CO2 mags. I hope someone will make a review of it here. I know it's a WE M4 basically, but I'd like to know what is inside...

From what you're saying it looks like the nozzle, everytime i've seen double feeds someone was using the NPAS and it was incorrectly installed. There were two situations where a BB would drop from my barrel, again one of them was because of the nozzle. First time it happened was when i installed the CO2 kit in my v1 M4 and forgot to put the litle black rubber that stops/seals the chamber and when i installed the NPAS and for some reason it would push the BB further down the barrel AFTER the hop-up.

What BB's are you using ?

Thanks for the reply.

What little black rubber? There is a white cylinder just behind the nozzle.

post-63814-1262649146_thumb.jpg

(photo is from RA-Tech)Is that supposed to seal the chamber?

Please note that the riffle came with the NPAS pre-installed by Ra-tech. I changed to the original in order to troubleshoot the problem and I'm pretty sure I didn't loose any rubber seals.

I'm using .30g BBs (Some Japanese brand i can't remember)

Thanks for the reply.

What little black rubber? There is a white cylinder just behind the nozzle.

post-63814-1262649146_thumb.jpg

(photo is from RA-Tech)Is that supposed to seal the chamber?

Please note that the riffle came with the NPAS pre-installed by Ra-tech. I changed to the original in order to troubleshoot the problem and I'm pretty sure I didn't loose any rubber seals.

I'm using .30g BBs (Some Japanese brand i can't remember)

Never mind, it's inside the chamber not in the bolt, but if you had everything pre-installed no way that part is missing :P

Anyway is part #36 loosen ? Double feeds are normally caused by bad/light BB's, too much silicone on the hopup or a loose valve assembly.

Does the first BB, after you rack the charging handle, always fires correctly ? From what you describe is that manually loading the BB, by racking the charging handle in a slow motion, would fire perfectly but once the BB gets loaded by the previous shot it would roll the barrel and the valve would get stuck in the chamber. It just seems that the valve is pushing the BB too much forward, past the hop up and getting stuck in the aggressive hop somehow ?

...then the valve would get stuck (trigger click, no cycle and pulling the handle would release the trapped gas)...

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Have you checked the white stabilizer plastic (there should be one in current versions WE M4/16s) on the back end of the bolt carrier? Mine was a bit loose and slides forward (maybe due to recoil cycles), blocking the tiny holes right in front of it. When i slid it back to it's place, it cycles just fine. Then I dented the hole a bit to keep the plastic from sliding over the hole. Or u can glue the stabilizer (but it didn't work for me due to excessive silicone). Never had that that problem again ever since.

Well, looks like I should go for the KJW then. The latest gen WE s#cks as well. :(

Thanks. :D

My guess is you'll buy the KJW, like it initially and then realise that it sucks in cold weather (no CO2 support) and then needs a whole load of upgrades to stop it from falling apart in warm/hot weather - you'll then put it up for sale and swear by AEG's!

Any Airsoft weapon has issues. A vast majority of WE M4's do not. I have three WE GBB rifles and all work great in cold (with CO2 mags) and hot weather.

The achilles heal of WE GBB weapons are the mags - they need TLC but are improving.

My guess is you'll buy the KJW, like it initially and then realise that it sucks in cold weather (no CO2 support) and then needs a whole load of upgrades to stop it from falling apart in warm/hot weather - you'll then put it up for sale and swear by AEG's!

Any Airsoft weapon has issues. A vast majority of WE M4's do not. I have three WE GBB rifles and all work great in cold (with CO2 mags) and hot weather.

The achilles heal of WE GBB weapons are the mags - they need TLC but are improving.

There is no way I ever buy an AEG again. What is TLC?

Yup, CO2 decided the thing in the meantime. But I still don't get whether the stock 4168 also or just the RA-Tech custom is CO2 ready? I should start reading this topic from the beginning...

And I just saw the 2nd, revised version of the 4168 is already released at ehobby. :)

TLC - Tender Loving Care.

No gas gun is going to work as great as an AEG. It's true that the KJW doesn't have CO2 mags, so I guess you'll have to settle with using propane. So the KJW won't work that great in cold weather, but it will work in the summer just fine. On a hot day, just switch to 134a gas instead, the KJW was designed to used 134a / duster gas from the start.

And the parts that eventually break can be replaced easily. You can get parts directly from KJW, or from cradleairsoft.

Never mind, it's inside the chamber not in the bolt, but if you had everything pre-installed no way that part is missing tongue.gif

Anyway is part #36 loosen ? Double feeds are normally caused by bad/light BB's, too much silicone on the hopup or a loose valve assembly.

Does the first BB, after you rack the charging handle, always fires correctly ? From what you describe is that manually loading the BB, by racking the charging handle in a slow motion, would fire perfectly but once the BB gets loaded by the previous shot it would roll the barrel and the valve would get stuck in the chamber. It just seems that the valve is pushing the BB too much forward, past the hop up and getting stuck in the aggressive hop somehow ?

No part #36 is ok (I locktited it also). I use .30 bbs (Japanese made so they must be ok), I cleaned the hopup from too much silicon and locktited the valve with no result. Sometimes it doesn't fire from the first bb, it loads 2 bbs (and try always to rack, insert mag and release).

I don't know perhaps its the hopup. Have the new ones been released yet?

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Have you checked the white stabilizer plastic (there should be one in current versions WE M4/16s) on the back end of the bolt carrier? Mine was a bit loose and slides forward (maybe due to recoil cycles), blocking the tiny holes right in front of it. When i slid it back to it's place, it cycles just fine. Then I dented the hole a bit to keep the plastic from sliding over the hole. Or u can glue the stabilizer (but it didn't work for me due to excessive silicone). Never had that that problem again ever since.

Yes the white stabilizer travelled forward on mine also. Perhaps its because I adjusted that that the riffle started cycling ok.

Small update on the non-leaking new type co2 magazines;

I just found a magazine that's been in room temp. for almost 6 weeks. I know that I used it, but I can't remember how many shots I've fired. A rough estimate is 20-25. After 6 weeks I still was able to fire one full mag with a bit of sluggishness at the end (this also in room temp.).

Imo, the new mags are absolutely ace.

Without looking too hard there are two things;

My new mags have a small oring around the small metal pipe-thingie under the big feeding lips part. My old ones don't.

The end knob on the valve where the firing pin strikes is stainless (or similar) and a different shape from my oldies.

Without looking too hard there are two things;

My new mags have a small oring around the small metal pipe-thingie under the big feeding lips part. My old ones don't.

The end knob on the valve where the firing pin strikes is stainless (or similar) and a different shape from my oldies.

Can you please post a picture?

New mag to the left, old to the right (with lid unscrewed a bit due to trying to fix leakage :/).

Stainless (or similar) vs. brass and profile is slightly slightly different. Internally it's quite a bit different, but since all is working so well atm, I won't disassemble the valve for ya :)

imag0020t.th.jpg

In other news. Any one seen this yet?

HAWEI TECH Negative Pressure Kit for WE M4/M16 GBB

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=6096

I doubt anyone has tried it yet ofcourse .... but I must say that the small and simple description saying; "Feature: It has special hard coating. Enhance 30% antifreeze effect & the airtight effect." quite tickles my fancy :)

Edited by Bamse