WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small bits I mgiht have forgotten about.

PICS

Ive got probably over 15,000 to 20,000 rounds through this easily. The only internal upgrades Ive done are an RA-Tech aluminum nozzle (I would consider this more or less a necessity for a WE M4 based system). everything else is going strong still. It was more then accurate enough with the stock barrel and hopup that I didnt want to change it, and I didnt bother upgrading the trigger components because they're so cheap that if one of them breaks Ill just replace it. I haven't had to replace anything yet though, and I have used this gun every weekend for the past year or so (Because I had already used this well before I turned it into a 733)

I have two more custom WE AR's  that Im slowly working on. Another M16a2, and a Colt 601 (Though I might just settle for an early M16a1)

How do you have a grey Colt lower on that? Was it the normal black one with no trademarks before?

I'm debating between a WE M16A1 and a G&P AEG version of the same gun. I had a WE M14 a while back and it was mostly trouble free, but I plan on running a M16 much harder than I do a DMR-type rifle. 

If you guys could answer a couple of questions, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

1) How long are your stock trigger groups holding up in summer temperatures? 

2) How long are your loading nozzles/bolt carriers holding up in the same conditions? 

3) How is shot to shot consistency in rapid semi-auto fire? 

Thanks

On my stock setup I had no problem doing a semi only mag dump in 20-25c weather, probably cooler than where you are.

I broke one of the fake lugs off on my nozzle so I swapped it out after a year. I went to the full RA-Tech alloy/steel setup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mornin All,

Ive got a 4168 and the roller bearing on the top of the hammer has gone walkies. the pin is still there but no bearing. It was second hand and has been working fine and I believe its an RATech version so that would mean the RAT hammer. Firstly, Is there any way of confirming its a RAT hammer as I understand they sit higher than stock? I'd rather not have to buy an entire new hammer at £30 so was thinking of trying to get a replacement bearing. Secondly, would a stock bearing fit and/or does anyone have the dimensions so I can order a bearing from an engineering company.

Cheers

Nat

B->

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just check something that's probably a dumb question..

The latest WE M4 is exactly the same internally as the latest WE HK416?

Are the external qualities any different?

I'm looking to spend a little bit to make a bullet proof primary GBBR, but don't know which of these base platforms to start from.

The external quality will depend on wether or not you get the straight non-traded WE or the custom traded AFC version. But all in all I think they are comparable.

As for the internals, considering that the open bolt kits are the same for both rifles I would say yes, they are the same internally.

Choose which ever one you think looks best and feels best for you.

Personally, I think the M4 platform is better as you can customize it more. The 416 is kind of fixed to using it's proprietary rail system which limits your customization choices.

And besides the rail, they are the same rifle pretty much.

So yeah :o

Can I just check something that's probably a dumb question..

The latest WE M4 is exactly the same internally as the latest WE HK416?

Are the external qualities any different?

I'm looking to spend a little bit to make a bullet proof primary GBBR, but don't know which of these base platforms to start from.

Yes, I can say 100% that the are the same, but another thing to keep in mind is that the 416  can't use P-mags.

• 5 months later...

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a proper 16" pencil barrel made.

I used a modified WE A1 lower that I worked on to make it a slab side type. reprofiling the back of the magwell was a pain. The upper is a RS SP-1 upper. I didnt modify the upper, but rather modified the triggewr pack and hopup chamber to work with the unmodified upper. The stock is a proper 2-position buffer tube with a colt aluminum stock and correct single hole stock tube nut. The barrel is obviously incorrect but I will have to have one made.

This is also a halfway point for me, as the next build is going to be a proper Colt 601.

LQKJEaa.jpg

Edited by Brigg
  • Like 4