WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Strip it appart, clean, and re-lube (not just hop unit, entire gun!).

Wipe out the hop rubber.

Then run 10-20 magazines through it and then start worrying about tweaking it :P

Advice from someone who does not shoot much nor play airsoft :P

I had the RA custom build and i found thd RA hop to be ######! So i changed mine to the RHop, now i have mega range!

Rather embarrassingly, it turns out I was turning the hop up the wrong way :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If you changed it out and nothing happened then it isnt your trigger box. Its likely something related to either the nozzle and flute valve assemble, or your magazines. To a lesser extent you could also be loosing compression at the hopup bucking which apparently can have an effect on blowback.

Also clean it out. a lot. disassemble it completely and completely clean the bolt, the inside of the upper receiver, and inside the buffer tube.

Nozzle is still intact. No wear, I recently did maintenance and everything's lubed up. Buffer is fine, recently changed out to a fresh recoil spring. And i don't think I'm losing compression on the hop up, my fps is consistent. Deviation is about 1-3 fps variance. I think it's possible that even though I replaced the trigger box the valve knocker spring might have been left compressed. When I received the box the hammer was already locked back. Either that or since I've been using my AK, I forgot if my M4 always felt like that.

Well, I don't want my M4 to go to waste so I guess I should consider upgrading now. I've kept it stock for 50k rounds, I just haven't been playing with it much since I got the AK. I think a RAT speed buffer, steel bolt, and RAT trigger box should do it. Probably also grab a steel hop unit and a hard bucking so my full auto doesn't send bbs all willy nelly. How's that sound guys?

To be honest the WE stock internals tend to last so long that there's very little reason to upgrade them. The roller can come out of the hammer but it can be retained with a small machine screw and nut. Ive done this on a friends fcg and it has worked with no issues. You just have to make sure they fit inside the bolt cutout.