WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

How much fun? : )

Got mine today and fired 4 shots before following Marky [uE]'s guide from page 126 on how to strip it down and secure part #36.

I just wish I could play with it again but will be good and wait until the loctite drys - how long by the way?

P.S. Oh and 2 mags neither had a single leak. I did hear that LWA has been removing valves and pfte taping them so that may explain the lack of any leak.

Let the Locktite set overnight if you can. Thats all you need.

The mag leaking issue was mainly an issue with the first batch. WE acknowledged defective/sub-par o-rings.

All the new mags that William (airsoft buddy) has work fine on their first fill - no leaks at all. And don't develop leaks after hundreds of refills.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I like someone else on here am having a hard time removing the valve assembly etc .

It seems as if it has been locktited , any ideas on loosening it up ?

use a lighter to heat up the threading area a bit & then loosen it immediately; it should work. But make sure you loctite it back when the adjustment is done, the shear force of the gun's operation alone can loose it (without loctite) & that is definitely NOT a good thing to happen. :P

Edited by WETTI
Anyone bought/installed the ally bolt carrier yet? I'm curious to know exactly how performance is affected.

Also, anyone installed (or tried to install) a real solid stock on their M4? Just curious.

Hi Chris

I have both on order. Im getting the aluminum bolt carrier to try.

And I bought a Bushmaster full stock that is being shipped from AZ, so Im still waiting. It is a shorty, full stock. Trying another new look.

As for the stock being milspec, it isnt quite milspec (at least mine isnt). It is actually thinner according to the calipers.

In case anybody wasnt sure, milspec buffer tubes are thinner not fatter than commercial buffer (or stock) tubes.

If you go with an aftermarket stock, be sure to order only a milspec stock - otherwise it will wobble nearly as bad as the stock one.

Would I need to get a M4 tool to remove the stock tube and fit the end plate?

Regards

Nice to have, but no, not needed to take it off.

It is put on rather loosely at the factory. You will be able to unthread it with your fingers. Especially after a few days in full auto! :P

Everything loosens on the gun with the recoil so stay on top of all your nuts, bolts, tension pins, & grub screws.

look around page 40.

can you move the adjuster at all? its the knurled barrel over the chamber. you may have to take it apart to get it to start moving.

Horsem4an, thanks for the info. I think its page 44. It still remains unclear as to "how" you adjust it...some posts are saying switch out the rubber buck sleeve, some say turn the knurled ring...anyone know? Do I have to remove the whole assembly before adjusting? Thanks, everyone!

Just a quick update:

My Xcortech X3200 finally arrived so I just ran my version 2 AFC from William at airsoftbuddy through the chrono:

G&G 0.28g on semi at around 19 degrees c using Abbey Predator Ultra Gas registered between 355 (first shot) and 360>372fps

I now also have a serious headache after spending the last week trying to source RS Magpul MOE hand guard and the RS CTR mil-spec stock. MidwayUK has now delisted the CTR stocks that used to be on their site and the other very few UK suppliers either don't have stock or don't reply to email enquiries. Has anyone ever tried to send these types of components from the US? Has anyone managed to import this type of component from the US? I have no idea why export law in the US should really affect a stock or a handguard but hey.

Edited by Marky [UE]