WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

by far mate !

As I said in my review the build quality is identical to the UK made M4 and I have never ,ever felt an airsoft gun feel so sturdy !

And that is being said by someone who has currently got 40 airsoft guns in the armoury and in the 18 year in airsoft ;)

great, that's exactly what i wanted to hear.

Btw,

How come at airsoft buddy when i place order for the custom package WE M4 for $400,410,430 etc, with free shipping, at checkout it still adds 19.99 for speedpost.

Edited by accuracy
great, that's exactly what i wanted to hear.

Btw,

How come at airsoft buddy when i place order for the custom package WE M4 for $400,410,430 etc, with free shipping, at checkout it still adds 19.99 for speedpost.

What you need to do for these is send money via paypal for the package total clearly listing your option. The cart system will always try and add extra. Paypal email address for airsoftbuddy should be on site somewhere. Sorry for txt style post on iPod touch right now.

Edited by Marky [UE]
Very nice! Are these the ones modified from STAR AEG outer barrels?

Yes, it is ;) it's the complete front set from a M16A3 STAR.

@ Chris: it's a custom made, i have take a outer barrel from one of my AEG to make it modified. There is no website where to order one, but i will order a pack of outer barrel to make them modified if i have enough pre-order here by MP.

Hi,

I bought my M4 when they were first released and i wanted to know if anyone else was has managed to get replacements for the more common troublesome internal parts?

I was told by another user that they had contacted airsoft buddy and had been sent reinforced parts free of charge.

I this a service they are offering to the very first customers?

None of my parts have broken but it hasn't had more than a few mags through it since last year.

I haven't skirmished it yet for fear of bit's flying off in the dark at my local CQB site.

Any replies would be greatfully received.

Snake

Just skim through the thread or check out the WE M4 Guide for parts that have the highest chance of breaking. If yours is the very first version you should only need a new (steel) bolt catch and you should be alright.

As long as you ordered your WE from Airsoft Buddy then you should be able to get replacement parts for free plus shipping. Probably best to send AB an email and ask.

You're severely underestimating the durability of your WE. The only part that's ever flown off of mine is the forward assist nob, and that seems to have been an isolated incident that was easily and permanently cured with some epoxy. As long as you don't go smacking it into things it'll probably be more durable than your average AEG.

Coco, expect a PM with questions soon.

Has anyone else had trouble contacting William from airsoftbuddy? I ordered some stuff for my WE M4 and it has been almost 2 weeks no reply or package.

I bet his been busy after the hooha weapon show in HK. I'm also waiting for some small spare parts, but he sent them with Airmail (and not EMS) so those could take a while anyway...

You're severely underestimating the durability of your WE. The only part that's ever flown off of mine is the forward assist nob, and that seems to have been an isolated incident that was easily and permanently cured with some epoxy. As long as you don't go smacking it into things it'll probably be more durable than your average AEG.

I agree with Chris. This gun is really durable, as long as you periodically check all the nuts and bolts that they are secure and that the nozzle assebly is aligned properly. The list of known issues ain't that bad and spare parts for those are rather cheap.

PS. WETTI also said in GGI, that "The after-market power modules, from what I've learned, will have a 'self-aligned' nozzle system", which is really nice! Hopefully ends the problems with the #122 o-ring once and for all.

Hi guys!

First post.

Can somebody please tell me which RIS in the mid price range fits the M4 best?

I'd love to get one I can simply substitute with the the original handguard without having to remove the front sight.

greets from germany.

e: oh, it says germany right away from my profil :D

Edited by somegirls
cool. but you had to remove to front sight, right?

I always refused putting a hammer to my guns..

Anybody ever thought of using the magpul MOE Hand Guard?

Magpul MOE grip fits straight on without trouble and looks very nice.

As for taking a hammer to your gun, the front sight is held on by 2 pins and a allen key screw then slides off so not hard.

Heres a full length rifle i made up the other week

post-32710-1235129609_thumb.jpg

G&P WA M16A2 outer barrel

G&P WA M16A2 Solid stock

RIS was borrowed from one of my AEG's and has gone back on there now, not sure of the make. Front sight is D-boys folding sight, the WE front sight has different spacings for the pins than AEG's so had to use a AEG one.

wow, that looks sweet.

The M4 is going to hit the german market within the next 2 weeks I think and I need to get prepaired ;)

About the D'Boys RIS, those are good news, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm not thrilled about spending $150 bucks on a real steal RIS or hurricane or whatever.

I'd rather have both the Magpul hand guard and a cheap RIS for even less money.

I really appreciate your help guys.

Does anybody a british bases retailer who offers the magpul handguard?

Magpul MOE grip fits straight on without trouble and looks very nice.

As for taking a hammer to your gun, the front sight is held on by 2 pins and a allen key screw then slides off so not hard.

Heres a full length rifle i made up the other week

post-32710-1235129609_thumb.jpg

G&P WA M16A2 outer barrel

G&P WA M16A2 Solid stock

RIS was borrowed from one of my AEG's and has gone back on there now, not sure of the make. Front sight is D-boys folding sight, the WE front sight has different spacings for the pins than AEG's so had to use a AEG one.

How did you fit the WA barrels to your WE?

It actually can fit straight on, the only difference between the WA and WE is the WA has slots top and bottom where as the WE has lugs that go in at the sides. Clamps on 99% securely with just the barrel nut but it would be easy enough to make up 2 lugs or similar to go between the outer barrel and the body just to stop any chance of it turning. Will be getting a load of different front end RIS's to try in 1-2 weeks including a SPR grip so will get photos etc done once i have them.